ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Property tax relief coming for those over 65

Baby Boomers = Worst Generation Ever
Started way back n the mid 60’s … now the whiners Gen X , Milllenials and Gen Z all cry foul. Get over it … Loved seeing that Senior Freeze check today and can’t wait until the senior property tax check gets here this fall. Attention Whiner Generation you all have a great opportunity to find a way to financial stability during your lifetime. Stop blaming Boomers… some of us will be here as long as you. The bitching and moaning does you absolutely no good. I guess you don’t have any senior citizens in your immediate family? If you do tell them how they suck as as far as generations go.I’m sure they’ll appreciate your love.

Most SS costs are for the retirement benefits. Easy to opt out of those and use general tax revenue to support the other SS programs.
Retired workers and their dependents accounted for 77.8% of total benefits paid in 2023. What would the general tax revenue amount be every year to support the other SS programs?
Social Security: In 2023, 21 percent of the budget, or $1.4 trillion, will be paid for Social Security, which will provide monthly retirement benefits averaging $1,836 to 48.6 million retired workers.
The numbers are beyond staggering.

Last edited:
Started way back n the mid 60’s … now the whiners Gen X , Milllenials and Gen Z all cry foul. Get over it … Loved seeing that Senior Freeze check today and can’t wait until the senior property tax check gets here this fall. Attention Whiner Generation you all have a great opportunity to find a way to financial stability during your lifetime. Stop blaming Boomers… some of us will be here as long as you. The bitching and moaning does you absolutely no good. I guess you don’t have any senior citizens in your immediate family? If you do tell them how they suck as as far as generations go.I’m sure they’ll appreciate your love.
All this and boomers raised a generation of awful kids! :)

Met Tom Brokaw (1969 ) out in front of the White House Washington DC. while doing a live feed . Smart but smug …

Have more kids and teach them to respect having a job so you can be on easy street… not that you aren’t already. And please if your parents are still living ask them if they feel guilty about their SS?

All this and boomers raised a generation of awful kids! :)

Twaddle. Anyone who blames Social Security problems on the Boomers doesn't know what they're talking about. Boomers kept Social Security from going bust 40 years ago because of the screwups of prior generation.

Know many Gen X kids… have 2 of my own 52 and 48 plus numerous others . I don’t think most blame their Boomer or Silent generation parent/ parents. But the narrative of evil - worthless Boomers is simply jealous chit chat. The government pisses away too much and spends way too much. Stop paying out to worthless foreign countries and NOBODY will have to whine about those Boomers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT