ADVERTISEMENT

OT: R.I.P. Andre Braugher of Homicide: Life on the Streets, Brooklyn 99.

Great actor. Played lots of parts I really enjoyed. Had good range playing different characters and not just himself like so many actors tend to do. 61 years old. Too soon.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/andre-braugher-dead-brooklyn-nine-nine-1235835771/

Cover-AndreBraugher_04_Gioncarlo-Valentine.jpg

It’s a shame Homicide isn’t streamable, that was a terrific show.
IDK if I’m allowed to say this here but I always thought that Homicide was ahead of its time with the way police and life was portrayed on TV. Andre Braugher, Melissa Leo, Clark Johnson, Yaphet Kotto were perfect in their roles. Hell, John Munch became a well known character for first appearing in Homicide before transferring up to Law and Order SVU. Damm shame all the network wanted to do is put pretty faces in Detective roles that didn’t make sense.

Some people say that this opened the door for The Wire and other cop shows (or even other shows like The Sopranos and others that followed). Some people say that this was THE WIRE on Network TV.

It’s a travesty that you can’t watch or even buy the DVDs anywhere.

IDK if I’m allowed to say this here but I always thought that Homicide was ahead of its time with the way police and life was portrayed on TV. Andre Braugher, Melissa Leo, Clark Johnson, Yaphet Kotto were perfect in their roles. Hell, John Munch became a well known character for first appearing in Homicide before transferring up to Law and Order SVU. Damm shame all the network wanted to do is put pretty faces in Detective roles that didn’t make sense.

Some people say that this opened the door for The Wire and other cop shows (or even other shows like The Sopranos and others that followed). Some people say that this was THE WIRE on Network TV.

That's a helluva cast you just named right there. Definitely served as inspiration for The Wire, one of my favorite shows, if not the favorite, of all time.

Reactions: ldwnmas

The 'Homicide' crossover episode with Law&Order is one of the all-time L&O series best, Munch (Belzer) and Briscoe (Jerry Orbach) were a great team.

Such a great cast and you didn't even mention Ned Beatty, Reed Diamond and Giancarlo Esposito who will forever be known as Gustavo Fring.

220px-MikeGiardello.png
giancarlo-espositoo.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT