ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Recommendations for Spring Lake/Sea Girt

Scarlet Jerry

All Conference
Jul 30, 2001
I'm looking to do a Jersey Shore vacation this summer or this fall. Do you have any recommendations for restaurants and hotels in this area?

For a bit of, well everything, head over to Asbury Park one evening. All mom and pop eatery's, walk around look at the menu's and find the fare you want. In Sea Girt Rella's on Rt. 71 is really good. Hotel's and such that's @e5fdny and @knightfan7 territory. @Knight Shift tends to get around that area as well.

Reactions: Scarlet Jerry
I'm looking to do a Jersey Shore vacation this summer or this fall. Do you have any recommendations for restaurants and hotels in this area?
For two quick ones…

The old Avon Pavilion is under a new lease and it’s called The Promenade now. Been there three times so far and all three were really good. Two dinners and a breakfast.

Another establishment under a new(er) name is the old Doolan’s on 71 in Spring Lake Heights is now called The Shore Club. They have a nice restaurant there called the Seacrest Grille. Been there I think at least 3x times and all were good.

Parker house is doing lobster night on Wednesdays. It’s good and makes for a fun night. You can eat in the porch or inside.

Rellas is always good.

Went to via Veneto last night with 3 other couples. Everyone raves about their meals.

Family and friends have stayed at Inn on main in Manasquan and sea girt lodge on 35. Both are very clean and convenient to everything without breaking the bank.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Jerry
Parker house is doing lobster night on Wednesdays. It’s good and makes for a fun night. You can eat in the porch or inside.

Rellas is always good.

Went to via Veneto last night with 3 other couples. Everyone raves about their meals.

Family and friends have stayed at Inn on main in Manasquan and sea girt lodge on 35. Both are very clean and convenient to everything without breaking the bank.
BIG +1 on this one too, @Scarlet Jerry. VERY good Italian. Although, like Rella’s, not in either Spring Lake or Sea Girt. Highway 35 with guessing a Manasquan mailing address but geographically in Wall.

And The Parker House has had a renaissance IMO. Was sliding down a little bit but has rallied. Food is so much better.

Last edited:
We have a nice 4 BR house we rent in Belmar on the Spring Lake border and 5 houses from the beach. Rates are better in fall. We can connect off the board and I can give you a link. @e5fdny can link us in a message

I know someone who is very particular about things like this. Almost to an annoying fault.

She will only stay there when visiting. If it’s good enough for her, it’s good enough for just about all of us. LOL

I know someone who is very particular about things like this. Almost to an annoying fault.

She will only stay there when visiting. If it’s good enough for her, it’s good enough for just about all of us. LOL
Same with my friends wife. She did a dry run and rented one night in the off season knowing she would be staying with us to see the room before she rented for a long weekend in season.

Same with my friends wife. She did a dry run and rented one night in the off season knowing she would be staying with us to see the room before she rented for a long weekend in season.
Kupuna, which Monmouth county location are you located in? I'm out west in Howell a little less than 20 mins. from the shore.

Last edited:
Really late to the party. I've have heard that the Sea Girt Motor Lodge is a decent place to stay. The Inn at Main too but pricy iirc. Then again everything around here is during the summer.

I'm a bit different with restaurants. After working in one for 20 years I stay away from fancy places because I'm opposed to paying for fluff. I may be an outlier but I like Harrigans and Squan Tavern. Both can get crowded and a bit on the noisy side but that doesn't bother me. I've heard good things about La Mondina on 71 in Brielle but haven't been there myself.

What's one man's pleasure is another man's pain.

Amelia’s, formerly Barelli’s is always great.

Same guy now run’s The Promenade in Avon. Going there next week.

Marina Grille, Parker House and Columns are equally “just ok” for food but the vibe is good. Spent this afternoon at Columns. Fun band plays Saturday afternoon (Spare Parts).

Spring Lake Seafood on 3rd has good food but the service is iffy when it’s busy.

Also La Mondina is awesome. Great food.

I actually love the refurbished Rod’s and Fratello’s is a very reliable option.

And Spring Lake Pizza has by far the best eggplant parm.

Also, get lunch from Tom Bailey’s but get there early.

(House in SL and I eat out a lot.)

Really late to the party. I've have heard that the Sea Girt Motor Lodge is a decent place to stay. The Inn at Main too but pricy iirc. Then again everything around here is during the summer.

I'm a bit different with restaurants. After working in one for 20 years I stay away from fancy places because I'm opposed to paying for fluff. I may be an outlier but I like Harrigans and Squan Tavern. Both can get crowded and a bit on the noisy side but that doesn't bother me. I've heard good things about La Mondina on 71 in Brielle but haven't been there myself.

What's one man's pleasure is another man's pain.
Have had good meals have had bad at Harrigan’s. Not a bad place for beers brother in law swears by it. I’m more inclined to St Stephen’s green.

Squan tavern is a great spot. Waitresses are old school and fantastic. La Mondina is very good. Only issue is the real housewives or some shit tweeted it out last summer and it was invaded by the Ilk that follows them around.

Last edited:
Have had good meals have had bad at Harrigan’s. Not a bad place for beers brother in law swears by it. I’m more inclined to St Stephen’s green.

Squan tavern is a great spot. Waitresses are old school and fantastic. La Mondina is very good. Only issue is the real housewives or some shit tweeted it out last summer and it was invaded by the Ilk that follows them around.
Me too.

Btw, a Jeep went into St. Stephen’s last night after being involved in an accident…two vehicles, one being the Jeep and it spun into, backwards, into the front waiting area.

Will find out more later as I get more details.

Me too.

Btw, a Jeep went into St. Stephen’s last night after being involved in an accident…two vehicles, one being the Jeep and it spun into, backwards, into the front waiting area.

Will find out more later as I get more details.
Oh no. Seem many near misses in that stretch. People turning out of 7-11 and the strip mall further up 71.

You are at the edge of our fire district in Wall. We have a couple of guys who live over the border off of Church St.
Yep one thing is we are very well protected. Fender bender near our house a couple of years ago. Mansasquan,wall, and Brielle all responded.

Yep one thing is we are very well protected. Fender bender near our house a couple of years ago. Mansasquan,wall, and Brielle all responded.
Have you been there long?
I grew up in Manasquan Park, on the river, left in 1992, and we moved back off of Ramshorn Dr. in 2017.

Oh no. Seem many near misses in that stretch. People turning out of 7-11 and the strip mall further up 71.
Also, when tickets used to be delivered by UPS, some guy used to stand on 71 flagging down the UPS trucks so he could be first. That's an inside joke with @e5fdny and @knightfan7 .

That crash may not have been too bad. Usually, our structural collapse team is called on such incidents where there is major damage.

Also, when tickets used to be delivered by UPS, some guy used to stand on 71 flagging down the UPS trucks so he could be first. That's an inside joke with @e5fdny and @knightfan7 .

That crash may not have been too bad. Usually, our structural collapse team is called on such incidents where there is major damage.
And I ALWAYS won.😎

Even took a picture of the UPS driver one year for proof. Beastly hot day and the poor guy was a good sport but covered in sweat.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Earlier this Spring an old lady went right thru the front door of the southern 7/11 on 71 in Spring Lake Heights.

Earlier this Spring an old lady went right thru the front door of the southern 7/11 on 71 in Spring Lake Heights.
Did a drive by. Not bad. One window pane and the landscaping.

Was negotiating on house in ocean rd in Spring Lake Heights when there was a shooting at that 7-11.

Still pissed I missed that one. Happy for my purchase in Manasquan. But women was negotiating a thousand dollars at a time and wanted to close after school ended.

She ended up selling for less than our offer and closed before my purchase in Manasquan.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Been here since 2014. Was in Red Bank and the city before that. Don’t think we will ever leave.
Wonderful downtown…

Fall: Tug of war over the Manasquan Inlet between Point Pleasant Beach and Manasquan groups (first responders, HS clubs, etc.).

Big parade night before Thanksgiving Manasquan/Wall football game. All the player’s houses in the sending districts (Manasquan, Brielle, Spring Lake, SLH, Sea Girt, Belmar and Avon) get decorated too.

Winter: Candy-cane hunt right before Christmas. Kids get a candy cane with a number and they go to all the local businesses to find a match and when they do they get a prize.

Summer: Main Street shutdown to just pedestrian traffic on Friday night(s) with lots of sidewalk fun.

Fireman’s Fair end of July.

Big Sea Day in August.

Real life Norman Rockwell stuff.

Last edited:
Spring Lake Seafood on 3rd has good food but the service is iffy when it’s busy.
That is the 3rd(?) thing at that particular location since I’ve been back:

- Who’s on Third
- On Third Cafe
- Something else? (Same owner as On Third but just coffee). Can’t remember the name.🤷‍♂️

Spring Lake Seafood was very good. Only been there once. Waited until the owner’s dog stopped making an appearance.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Wonderful downtown…

Fall: Tug of war over the Manasquan Inlet between Point Pleasant Beach and Manasquan groups (first responders, HS clubs, etc.).

Big parade night before Thanksgiving Manasquan/Wall football game. All the player’s houses in the sending districts (Manasquan, Brielle, Spring Lake, SLH, Sea Girt, Belmar and Avon) get decorated too.

Winter: Candy-cane hunt right before Christmas. Kids get a candy cane with a number and they go to all the local businesses to find a match and when they do they get a prize.

Summer: Main Street shutdown to just pedestrian traffic on Friday night(s) with lots of sidewalk fun.

Fireman’s Fair end of July.

Big Sea Day in August.

Real life Norman Rockwell stuff.
Love it all. It’s old school Americana.

Kids ride their bikes and knock in doors.
Love the bike parade to the beach every day. And the teenagers with their caddy bibs heading to Manasquan river.

Love the bike parade to the beach every day. And the teenagers with their caddy bibs heading to Manasquan river.
VERY scary at night though. Especially during the Fireman’s Fair week. Way too dark on those streets.

And I know we can say this about any public HS when it comes to athletics, but if Manasquan could keep all the kids that end up going to CBA, RBC, St. Rose and Trinity Hall, they’d never lose.

VERY scary at night though. Especially during the Fireman’s Fair week. Way too dark on those streets.

And I know we can say this about any public HS when it comes to athletics, but if Manasquan could keep all the kids that end up going to CBA, RBC, St. Rose and Trinity Hall, they’d never lose.
Absolutely.

Yeah, people who say kids never go outside anymore have never spent time around here.

BUT…as I mentioned earlier they should all get a class in the rules of the road.

Maybe a 5th R for my “Four R’s” suggestion in the senior tax break thread?

Kitchen help and landscapers seem to do a better job on this than the kids. At least in my observations.🤷‍♂️

That is the 3rd(?) thing at that particular location since I’ve been back:

- Who’s on Third
- On Third Cafe
- Something else? (Same owner as On Third but just coffee). Can’t remember the name.🤷‍♂️

Spring Lake Seafood was very good. Only been there once. Waited until the owner’s dog stopped making an appearance.

True story…this is the first incarnation where I can remember the name. Also the only incarnation where I’ve had multiple pleasant experiences. (Alas, the last time we went for lunch we waited for a while at our table for some wait staff to even be in our section and I said “Let’s just go to Klein’s.” And we did and it was great.)

BUT…as I mentioned earlier they should all get a class in the rules of the road.

Maybe a 5th R for my “Four R’s” suggestion in the senior tax break thread?

Kitchen help and landscapers seem to do a better job on this than the kids. At least in my observations.🤷‍♂️
"BUT…as I mentioned earlier they should all get a class in the rules of the road."

Amen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT