ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Recommendations for Spring Lake/Sea Girt

VERY scary at night though. Especially during the Fireman’s Fair week. Way too dark on those streets.

And I know we can say this about any public HS when it comes to athletics, but if Manasquan could keep all the kids that end up going to CBA, RBC, St. Rose and Trinity Hall, they’d never lose.
Agreed. Kids need a safety course.

But I have a bigger problem with the adult Tourons that think they can ride everywhere, Against the flow of traffic without a care. They think rules don’t apply and there are no consequence for their actions.

Agreed. Kids need a safety course.

But I have a bigger problem with the adult Tourons that think they can ride everywhere, Against the flow of traffic without a care. They think rules don’t apply and there are no consequence for their actions.
The worst IMO are the fatty Lance Armstrong types (usually in packs) on Ocean Avenue who expect EVERYONE to stop and yield to them.

Last edited:
"BUT…as I mentioned earlier they should all get a class in the rules of the road."

Amen
I spoke to a Wall cop that I am friendly with and told him this exact thing. The last week of school is pretty much a throw away, with movies and parties etc... Incorporate traffic/bike/water safety into that week. Bring in police-fire-emt's-life guards, to teach them "summer safety".

The invasion of electric bikes and golf carts on the road has made it extremely dangerous.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I spoke to a Wall cop that I am friendly with and told him this exact thing. The last week of school is pretty much a throw away, with movies and parties etc... Incorporate traffic/bike/water safety into that week. Bring in police-fire-emt's-life guards, to teach them "summer safety".

The invasion of electric bikes and golf carts on the road has made it extremely dangerous.
Not allowed on any of the boardwalks around here.

Which is the same for dogs in most places.

Not allowed on any of the boardwalks around here.

Which is the same for dogs in most places.

I was telling my wife about this thread this evening (5:00) with kids riding bikes against traffic in SL.

Don’t they teach this anymore?

VERY scary at night though. Especially during the Fireman’s Fair week. Way too dark on those streets.

And I know we can say this about any public HS when it comes to athletics, but if Manasquan could keep all the kids that end up going to CBA, RBC, St. Rose and Trinity Hall, they’d never lose.
Yeah, people who say kids never go outside anymore have never spent time around here.
Well their surf team is still pretty good

I feel like OC is the same way it’s like going back in time. Kids ride their bikes to school even in the winter and actually play outside. There is a feeling of guilt if you are inside and it’s a nice day

Reactions: knightfan7
I was telling my wife about this thread this evening (5:00) with kids riding bikes against traffic in SL.

Don’t they teach this anymore?
I have noticed this a lot this summer but mostly adults. Very strange. I still remember that movie we saw in 3rd grade….”just like a car” and of course YouTube has it

I have noticed this a lot this summer but mostly adults. Very strange. I still remember that movie we saw in 3rd grade….”just like a car” and of course YouTube has it

One more thing along these lines…

One thing that drives me nuts is people driving golf carts in the street with toddlers or small children in the front seat - with the 1970s/Frank Costanza move where they are “secured” with the driver’s right arm.

That is a real thing in Spring Lake.

Reactions: newell138
One more thing along these lines…

One thing that drives me nuts is people driving golf carts in the street with toddlers or small children in the front seat - with the 1970s/Frank Costanza move where they are “secured” with the driver’s right arm.

That is a real thing in Spring Lake.
Bad accident at the corner of sea girt ave and 71 last year. Women driving a golf cart with 4 kids all under 10. Youngest being 11 months old, she was t-boned. The youngest baby in car seat was found on top of the battery with chemical burns. Mother has traumatic brain injury.
And they were traveling from a development off of Tiltons Corner. It’s a roughly 3.5 mile drive to scene of accident and an additional 1 mile+ to the beach. What are these people thinking?

Bad accident at the corner of sea girt ave and 71 last year. Women driving a golf cart with 4 kids all under 10. Youngest being 11 months old, she was t-boned. The youngest baby in car seat was found on top of the battery with chemical burns. Mother has traumatic brain injury.
And they were traveling from a development off of Tiltons Corner. It’s a roughly 3.5 mile drive to scene of accident and an additional 1 mile+ to the beach. What are these people thinking?
That is just plane stupid. You're going to drive that far with children, use a freekin car.

That is just plane stupid. You're going to drive that far with children, use a freekin car.
Taking my kids to sea girt elementary for a basketball game last summer. Pull behind a family of 4 on a golf cart on 71. I expected they would turn off on a side street or head into Manasquan Main Street/ beach something. Nope was behind them the 2+ miles on a county road all the way to the basketball games, speed limit 35mph with then doing 15-20mph.

Cop sees them pull in and asks where they were coming from. They were coming from the other side of 35 on the country club side of Brielle. Cop told him to call an Uber to take the family home and take only back roads to his house. ( speed restricted vehicles not allowed on any road above 25mph)

Taking my kids to sea girt elementary for a basketball game last summer. Pull behind a family of 4 on a golf cart on 71. I expected they would turn off on a side street or head into Manasquan Main Street/ beach something. Nope was behind them the 2+ miles on a county road all the way to the basketball games, speed limit 35mph with then doing 15-20mph.

Cop sees them pull in and asks where they were coming from. They were coming from the other side of 35 on the country club side of Brielle. Cop told him to call an Uber to take the family home and take only back roads to his house. ( speed restricted vehicles not allowed on any road above 25mph)
It makes no sense. It’s not like you don’t need a parking spot for a golf cart

I knew about the restrictions but as we know, rules are for other people.

The worst for me is the cyclists darting into the road from the rail trail thinking they have the right of way like a pedestrian (whom I always stop for). There is literally a stop sign facing the trail. Doesn't apply to them I guess.

I had a jogger run in front of my truck from a side street without stopping a couple days ago. Don't know WTF he was thinking. I was behind another truck and he ran between. I guess if you become a grease spot in a crosswalk you win the internet? People are just crazy and entitled. Had he been standing at the corner I would have slowed and stopped as the law intends. Instead I had to brake check the poor bastard behind me and missed him by 2 feet.

Reactions: newell138
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT