ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Reggie Miller's take, your take?

Our society is evolving to one where It is no longer shameful to say the quiet parts out loud.

At least we will know who the bigots are.

Of course I agree with Reggie Miller.

Remember that Irving is a believer in a flat earth. This discussion is about a person who is getting influenced by the wrong people.

Our society is evolving to one where It is no longer shameful to say the quiet parts out loud.

Remember that Irving is a believer in a flat earth. This discussion is about a person who is getting influenced by the wrong people.
Young NBA player Lonnie Walker once said about Kyrie…”he went to Duke, so there must be something to the flat earth theory.”
Kyrie has enormous influence on the impressionable.

If you can be brainwashed into thinking the earth is flat, you are willing go believe anything. Alex Jones is responsible for spreading and somewhat mainstreaming many dangerous conspiracy theories

I have a good friend who went down the Alex Jones conspiracy rabbit hole and believes things like pizza gate, sandy hook was a hoax etc. It's sad

He recently told me our debt issues in the US is bc we secretly send half our GDP every year to the crown in England from a deal where they let America to be free back in the revolutionary war

Young NBA player Lonnie Walker once said about Kyrie…”he went to Duke, so there must be something to the flat earth theory.”
Kyrie has enormous influence on the impressionable.
I would guess what Kyrie learned did not come from Duke, although anything is possible(not!).

captain obvious hotels.com GIF

Farrakhan must be sitting in his evil lair yukking it up that his message is gaining in popularity. It just took a Hollywood celebrity to mainstream it. I guess he no longer has to hold his meetings in secret. SMH!

Remember, we must teach both all sides of the argument no matter how dangerous or far fetched. SMH AGAIN!

One more, can anyone tell me the difference between the Kyrie Irving situation and Meyers Leonard?
Leonard apologized and it appeared he was pretty profuse about it. Haven't heard anything from Irving yet. TBH, I think any apology would be hollow anyway.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/09/us/nba-meyers-leonard-slur-spt-trnd/index.html

Silver has a role here. If he is doing something with the NBAPA in the background, that is good.

There is a backlash against cancel culture and it isn't limited to conservatives. Suspending Irving because of words may be problematic today. Education may be the answer. But:

Is teaching that antisemitism (or bigotry in general) is wrong and why indoctrination?
Are reasons for antisemitism now a valid side to a debate?

Leonard apologized and it appeared he was pretty profuse about it. Haven't heard anything from Irving yet. TBH, I think any apology would be hollow anyway.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/09/us/nba-meyers-leonard-slur-spt-trnd/index.html

Silver has a role here. If he is doing something with the NBAPA in the background, that is good.

There is a backlash against cancel culture and it isn't limited to conservatives. Suspending Irving because of words may be problematic today. Education may be the answer. But:

Is teaching that antisemitism (or bigotry in general) is wrong and why indoctrination?
Are reasons for antisemitism now a valid side to a debate?

Yes, Leonard apologized but was still suspended for a week. I appreciated that he apologized - this was a good time for a teachable moment. The Irving situation is distressing, though. Basketball Kanye still hasn't apologized. This seems to me an untenable situation.

I would guess what Kyrie learned did not come from Duke, although anything is possible(not!).

captain obvious hotels.com GIF

Farrakhan must be sitting in his evil lair yukking it up that his message is gaining in popularity. It just took a Hollywood celebrity to mainstream it. I guess he no longer has to hold his meetings in secret. SMH!

Remember, we must teach both all sides of the argument no matter how dangerous or far fetched. SMH AGAIN!
Maybe he learned from Boyle at st Patrick’s

Maybe he learned from Boyle at st Patrick’s
I agree that Duke isn’t teaching flat earth theory. However, perhaps they need an intro course to disprove theories that should no longer be considered relevant in the modern world.

Looks like Irving did the apology-not apology apology and is donating a lot of money to the cause of ending hatred. Some people will never say "I'm sorry". Although 500K is no chump change, I'd rather see him sincerely apologize. Throwing money is kind of adding to the trope.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/spo...l-donate-500k-with-no-explicit-sorry/3936552/

Still, there is evil messaging out there. Ye and Irving need to understand that if they want to hate Jews, fine. Like or hate who you want. To try to convince others to hate as I believe they were doing, not fine.

I agree that Duke isn’t teaching flat earth theory. However, perhaps they need an intro course to disprove theories that should no longer be considered relevant in the modern world.
The only way that may work to convince a hardcore flat earther is to put the person in a rocket and let that person see for themselves. Even then, many will still not be convinced. The window could really be a video screen.
space earth GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg

Miller has a moral compass . So does Barkley , Jabbar and Shaq .

Vival Los Menches !!!
Mo

Last edited:
Oh man Jalen Rose apology it's a hostage video

Woke eating the woke never fails

Wrote this in another thread....

If a player had posted a movie that slavery was a hoax you can bet that players would be speaking out and condemning it. I have yet to hear one player come out and say anything about what Kyrie posted was wrong and hurtful - KD came out and said the Nets organization should have just ignored it, and then came out to say that he was misunderstood and people were confused by his comments. Ummmm- nobody was confused by what you said! In the end kind of a sad state of affairs that not one player has come out to condemn what Kyrie did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT