ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers Football

Please name Kiffins integrity issues.
Miles is 2 years younger than Saban and can recruit
Here we go again...

Recruiting to LSU and Alabama is night and day compared to recruiting to RU

Kiffin had a little hostess recruiting scandal while at Tennessee then bolted after only one season

He was accused of deflating game ball while at USC in a big game against Oregon

Al davis called him a liar before firing him from the Raiders

Here we go again...

Recruiting to LSU and Alabama is night and day compared to recruiting to RU

Kiffin had a little hostess recruiting scandal while at Tennessee then bolted after only one season

He was accused of deflating game ball while at USC in a big game against Oregon

Al davis called him a liar before firing him from the Raiders
LOL. Now try some some facts

Time to revist this thread. Anyone change their mind in the last 24 hours?
I was solid behind Ash and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt regarding his coaching deficiencies.... But after today.... yeah, you cant get blown out by Kansas. I dont see a recovery from today.

Reactions: RUskoolie
And I dont want Kiffen either but Daffy Duck would be a better choice than the current situation
There are many better options that Les Miles...Matt Rhule for one...Sean Lewis who was on Dino babers staff now at Kent state as HC (youngest HC in FBS)...

There are many better options that Les Miles...Matt Rhule for one...Sean Lewis who was on Dino babers staff now at Kent state as HC (youngest HC in FBS)...
Let me ask you this. Nationally who do recruits know more Miles, Rhule or Lewis?

Let me ask you this. Nationally who do recruits know more Miles, Rhule or Lewis?
Probably Miles to some extent tho 2020 recruits weren’t yet in high school last time Miles was a HC and weren’t in grade school when he played for a National Championship...

But let me ask you...who will recruits connect best with? What national recruits would Les get to come to RU? Doesn’t it make more sense to get guys than can keep the regional kids home? Rhule is now building connections with Texas coaches

Probably Miles to some extent tho 2020 recruits weren’t yet in high school last time Miles was a HC and weren’t in grade school when he played for a National Championship...

But let me ask you...who will recruits connect best with? What national recruits would Les get to come to RU? Doesn’t it make more sense to get guys than can keep the regional kids home? Rhule is now building connections with Texas coaches
Les is a great recruiter. The others have an incomplete resume. We need better players first and foremost. Ash can coach great players just can't get them to committ.

Rutgers football has tried everything - everything - for 40 years but for one thing: hiring a big name coach. A no-name should not get his first career shot in the Big10. We keep trying that, and it keeps failing.

The conference is ashamed of Rutgers. But the conference, aided and abetted by block of wood Tim Pernetti, ripped Rutgers off royally with the money deal that was made. It's time to renegotiate that deal fairly so that Rutgers can elevate football and cease being a drain on the conference's credibility. Otherwise, I would suggest Rutgers consider leaving the conference in favor of a far less competitive one, that is equal to our coaching hires and facilities.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Rutgers football has tried everything - everything - for 40 years but for one thing: hiring a big name coach. A no-name should not get his first career shot in the Big10. We keep trying that, and it keeps failing.

The conference is ashamed of Rutgers. But the conference, aided and abetted by block of wood Tim Pernetti, ripped Rutgers off royally with the money deal that was made. It's time to renegotiate that deal fairly so that Rutgers can elevate football and cease being a drain on the conference's credibility. Otherwise, I would suggest Rutgers consider leaving the conference in favor of a far less competitive one, that is equal to our coaching hires and facilities.
Leave the B1G? Umm, no.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Sometimes I question the intelligence of this board...

So you want to hire a guy who is going to be 65 this year who has zero recruiting ties to the northeast and has had allegations of misconduct in his previous stop...

It’s one thing to recruit at and win at LSU, I don’t see how anyone can think that recruits will connect with and want to play for the Mad Hatter...

RU needs a younger guy with recruiting stain that can connect with kids and can bring in really good assistant coaches to develop players (something Ash has not done)

Agree..throwing out names w/out knowing background, budget and how much these coaches and Asst Coaches will demand seems to be the norm..
Why settle for Les Miles , can we get Lou Holtz and his son onboard?

Reactions: JCKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT