ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers Incoming Class SAT Avg of 1319

From Rutgers Enrollment staff—saw it on Paul Mulcahy twitter also said it is the strongest academic class ever

Knightshift thanks for being able to retweet it
It's not a retweet.

FYI, this is easily done.

In a new post, click the filmstrip icon (2 places over from the smiley face). Go to the tweet, and in the upper right corner, click the down arrow, and select "Copy Link to Tweet". Paste that into the box for "Enter Media URL" when you click the filmstrip icon here.

It's not a retweet.

FYI, this is easily done.

In a new post, click the filmstrip icon (2 places over from the smiley face). Go to the tweet, and in the upper right corner, click the down arrow, and select "Copy Link to Tweet". Paste that into the box for "Enter Media URL" when you click the filmstrip icon here.

Take it easy with your fancy learnin words.

Take it easy with your fancy learnin words.
Oh Stewardess, I speak Twitter.
27506.original-8816.jpg

Did they make this test easier than when I took it? 1300 was fairly rare back then and now it's the average! I hear about 1500+ often now which was maybe one kid in my graduating class of 550 kids.

Depends on how far back you go. Scoring was revised, I believe in the early 90's, so scores are higher these days. However, we're talking about a 20-30 point difference, not 100 points. So the scores, indeed, show more highly qualified students.

That is the fancy new term. In our village we just say wall cave writing. Now if we just come up with a way of having heat anytime we want it.

Depends on how far back you go. Scoring was revised, I believe in the early 90's, so scores are higher these days. However, we're talking about a 20-30 point difference, not 100 points. So the scores, indeed, show more highly qualified students.

Fairly certain that when they recentered the scores in the 90s, it was 50 points added for both the verbal and math.

Fairly certain that when they recentered the scores in the 90s, it was 50 points added for both the verbal and math.

Scores are higher these days. My son’s score is higher than the SAS average. We figured he’d get into RBS. After being waitlisted at RBS I checked historical scoring. About 2/3 years ago, the SAT average jumped about 60/70 points with a change in the test. We thought our sons score was very good, and it’s solid, but not as high as we originally thought. RBS was telling folks their average was 1420/30 this year during admitted students day

What were the SAT scores of the first entering class in 1766?

It's a trick question.

Why is it a trick question?

'Cause Queen's College didn't offer classes in 1766. It didn't hold it's first classes until '71 and only had one graduate in its first class. And the SATs weren't offered in the U.S. until 1926. However, in 1766 the correct SAT score of one student would be 4 degrees before top dead center.

My poor kids. They want to go to RU but may not get in. They are in 6th grade and 3rd grade so I need someone to invent an app that makes them answer SAT questions in order to watch YouTube videos. :sunglasses:

Did they make this test easier than when I took it? 1300 was fairly rare back then and now it's the average! I hear about 1500+ often now which was maybe one kid in my graduating class of 550 kids.
Yes, a number of times over the past 25-30 years (and perhaps before then, too - I couldn't say), including two or three times just in the 1990s. This, combined with the proliferation of test prep courses, has resulted in higher scores just about everywhere. Look around, and just about every college and university is boasting their highest-ever average SAT scores, every year, even as plenty of highly desirable schools are dropping the requirement for SAT/ACT scores at all.

I wonder how common it is for high school kids to be taking test prep courses to improve SAT score. I’ve read on these boards that some parents pay 250 an hour or more for private 1 on 1 SAT tutoring. I guess Zamar Wise from Barringer did not take advantage of the opportunities to hire one of these tutors. It’s all on the level right?

Chris, some colleges have programs where students give Free SAT assistance to high school students. I worked with a woman years ago whose daughter did it on her own for Free for a couple kids.

Reactions: chrisru99
It's a trick question.

'Cause Queen's College didn't offer classes in 1766. It didn't hold it's first classes until '71 and only had one graduate in its first class. And the SATs weren't offered in the U.S. until 1926. However, in 1766 the correct SAT score of one student would be 4 degrees before top dead center.
Well......um........we'll accept that.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
It's a trick question.

So classic. Though no offense Source, this coming from your mouth doesn’t have nearly the same effect as coming from Marisa’s beautiful mouth.

I wonder how common it is for high school kids to be taking test prep courses to improve SAT score. I’ve read on these boards that some parents pay 250 an hour or more for private 1 on 1 SAT tutoring. I guess Zamar Wise from Barringer did not take advantage of the opportunities to hire one of these tutors. It’s all on the level right?
Jesus. You are really hitting this hard today. And I'd bet 99% of the kids whose parents can pay 250 an hour can't run a 4.6 or throw a football. Wise didn't need a 1319, he needed half of that. You don't need 250 and hour to get the bare minimum NCAA requirements. ACT is even easier.

Glad to hear it was true!

That should help them move up the ratings a bit.

Yes Rich parents pay for private tutors and for their kids to retake the SATs many, many times until they get a high score.

However, there is free SAT tutors and these days depending on your major, you don't even need to take the SAT, you can just take the ACT which is more math and science based.

Now kids are taking all sorts of prep classes that teach you how to do well on the exams. Instant boost to the average

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT