ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers, Stanford added to US discrimination probe

The fact that so many Americans are getting so heavily invested in Israel and the Palestinians shows just how effectively both sides have exported their conflict to the US. A pox on both your houses.

Well it's OK because not like we have a massive gun violence in this country that merits attention right?

Reactions: Kbee3
Well it's OK because not like we have a massive gun violence in this country that merits attention right?
Not sure how that's relevant. But I put a pox on both sides vehemently defending the adversaries, too. In a show of pure intellectual cowardice and dishonesty, Israel and its defenders have worked hard to portray any criticism of Israel, including the shooting of Palestinians in the West Bank and the theft of their land, as anti-semitism, being sure to throw the word Holocaust in as much as possible. In a show of pure dishonesty, hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance, the Palestinians and their defenders have worked hard to portray resistance to their OPENLY STATED goal of completely dominating the entire region as racism and colonialism. In both cases, groups of people increasingly driven by their religious fanatics, who insist God promised them all the land, have worked hard to gloss that over and appeal to basic human rights--and their defenders in the US glibly ignore this fact and parrot the human rights line while ignoring the disdain for human rights fanatics on both sides have. I have little love for much of Israel and none at all for the Palestinians, most of whom are consummate conservative hypocrites. I have much disdain for the people roped in by both sides.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Not sure how that's relevant. But I put a pox on both sides vehemently defending the adversaries, too. In a show of pure intellectual cowardice and dishonesty, Israel and its defenders have worked hard to portray any criticism of Israel, including the shooting of Palestinians in the West Bank and the theft of their land, as anti-semitism, being sure to throw the word Holocaust in as much as possible. In a show of pure dishonesty, hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance, the Palestinians and their defenders have worked hard to portray resistance to their OPENLY STATED goal of completely dominating the entire region as racism and colonialism. In both cases, groups of people increasingly driven by their religious fanatics, who insist God promised them all the land, have worked hard to gloss that over and appeal to basic human rights--and their defenders in the US glibly ignore this fact and parrot the human rights line while ignoring the disdain for human rights fanatics on both sides have. I have little love for much of Israel and none at all for the Palestinians, most of whom are consummate conservative hypocrites. I have much disdain for the people roped in by both sides.

I am agreeing with you. My point is we have too many problems in this country to be worried about with, as you correctly state, extremist leaders on both sides of a conflict who don't care about their own innocent people.

I feel sorry for the innocent people on both sides who were and are being killed. Certainly we can tend to them...when we become a country where "school shooting" and "medical bankruptcy" become historical relics and not daily occurrences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT