ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shaq got $$$$$$$ at LSU

Did not read but it's not surprising. What's surprising is that he thinks it's a good idea to talk about.

Of course he did. Guaranteed that kid there from Australia is getting paid. Football is dirty (Cam Newton's dad is example), but basketball is a serious cesspool at every level. These street agents make it all just so ugly.

This is funny because he took money in the movie "Blue Chips" if I remember correctly, and obviously was well prepared for the role since he now admits he actually did get money while being recruited and or afterwards at LSU.

This is funny because he took money in the movie "Blue Chips" if I remember correctly, and obviously was well prepared for the role since he now admits he actually did get money while being recruited and or afterwards at LSU.

He didn't take the money in the movie . And yeah who cares ? This happens all the time in college basketball .

Because it shows how hard it is for teams like Rutgers to compete against this stuff doing it the honest way

Hey bud, Rutgers pays too (EDIT), but in general not as much as the other schools.

Last edited:
He didn't take the money in the movie . And yeah who cares ? This happens all the time in college basketball .

I stand corrected if he was perfectly clean in the movie, But I care, it makes it more difficult for programs who don't pay to compete. I shouldn't care about that?

Penny Hardaway and the white guy who played at Indiana took the money in Blue Chips.

Shaq was clean, although he got like a 460 on his first SAT.

The bigger coup of Blue Chips was assembling the team that played against them in the tournament. Bobby Hurley, Calbert Chaney and a few other AAs coached by Bobby Knight. lol

This is what is wrong with media .... He was making a joke and people wrote it as fact

The issue of illegal benefits I feel is so overlooked. Blame the coaching staffs and athletic department or Gary Nova all you want, we could never have competed with any of those schools with all they give to players illegally. Cheaters are more successful in sports, though. In this league you can throw all the money and cars at players you want and maybe get a scholarship taken away 15 years later, just can't throw insults or basketballs at them.

Maybe he's just misremembering and blurring the two. Too lazy to bother reading the article, does he reference Coach Notle at all?

You dont think that maybe its important to out it then, so we can have a rational system where top players can get paid above board, rather than having to go through sketchy street agents and "uncles", so that we the fans can pretend we aren't just watching minor league ball? What would it hurt other than the salaries of coaches and the politically connected contractors who build all of these fancy facilities.

This. Its a joke and people state it as fact.
I'm guessing that those that believe this are big Donald Trump fans

Explain Lance Thomas and the jewelry.
Explain the parents of recruits who suddenly get great jobs out of state that happen to be just down the road
from the school the kid decides to go to.
You are a moron.

I saw a 30/30 special on ESPN about Boston College Basketball players shaving points. One guy got 10 years and actually served 2.5 years. I've always believed it went on in BB and FB.

I remember hearing Texas and Oklahoma enticing players with gifts and jobs for family members.

You dont think that maybe its important to out it then, so we can have a rational system where top players can get paid above board, rather than having to go through sketchy street agents and "uncles", so that we the fans can pretend we aren't just watching minor league ball? What would it hurt other than the salaries of coaches and the politically connected contractors who build all of these fancy facilities.

Not going to argue this point here . You would also have to pay women's tennis and other sports too FYI .

But what is how sketchy big time college athletics is , especially basketball . You shouldn't 'pretend ' , you really are watching minor league basketball .

Explain Lance Thomas and the jewelry.
Explain the parents of recruits who suddenly get great jobs out of state that happen to be just down the road
from the school the kid decides to go to.
You are a moron.
Hey a-hole. Take a reading comprehension course! Where did I say it doesn't happen??
I simply replied, with facts, that in this case it was an admitted joke by Shaq. And the OP fell for the joke and post a stupid thread title!
Go crawl back into you hole idiot!

Not going to argue this point here . You would also have to pay women's tennis and other sports too FYI .

But what is how sketchy big time college athletics is , especially basketball . You shouldn't 'pretend ' , you really are watching minor league basketball .
Make them employees, as they functionally are already, and you probably wouldnt have to worry about Title IX. After all, the dining hall doesnt have a requirement to spend as much hiring female employees as male employees. Of course for PR, schools would likely continue to run their minor sports on a scholarship basis (since the scholarship is worth more than the salary for a minor league tennis player), but for the big names, you would basically formalize the free agency that is already in effect. You could even keep the requirements to be enrolled in school and pass classes and such.

Make them employees, as they functionally are already, and you probably wouldnt have to worry about Title IX. After all, the dining hall doesnt have a requirement to spend as much hiring female employees as male employees. Of course for PR, schools would likely continue to run their minor sports on a scholarship basis (since the scholarship is worth more than the salary for a minor league tennis player), but for the big names, you would basically formalize the free agency that is already in effect. You could even keep the requirements to be enrolled in school and pass classes and such.

Well I said I wasn't going to argue this . I really don't care . But you're very passionate about this issue , obviously . Are you involved in the movement to pay college athletes ?

If any of you know any D1 football players personally, at any school, or know and parents of them, just ask how much $$ they are allotted for housing each month; then ask them how much rent actually is....

Everyone knows that jokes are no longer permitted. Everything needs to be taken literally and the speaker must deal with the consequences.
However, this thread is from 2016! Back when people enjoyed a joke.
Why was this thread revived?? It wasn't interesting back then, didn't improve with age.

Reactions: colbert17
I stand corrected if he was perfectly clean in the movie, But I care, it makes it more difficult for programs who don't pay to compete. I shouldn't care about that?
Yes he did. He got a car remember. The difference was he was the one who signed without asking to get paid off.

However, this thread is from 2016! Back when people enjoyed a joke.
Why was this thread revived?? It wasn't interesting back then, didn't improve with age.

Why do people post this stuff here?

I don’t know why it was revived ! But once again I am proved right here with the who cares comment and people are wrong that questioned me …and this was before the courts proved me right !
Flash forward 5 years and everyone that deserves it is getting paid now and even guys that don’t deserve it are getting paid

Plum nails it…again

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT