ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Snow Flurries

MadRU

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2001
Not to steal from the weather guru’s here. But just noticed some snow flurries here in Linden.

Reactions: RU848789
Most years its cold at end of Nov and early Dec.
Then by Christmas its back to t-shirts
The bad part of winter is usually back-loaded to end of Feb/March
I changed my oil last Jan when it was 60ish

Most years its cold at end of Nov and early Dec.
Then by Christmas its back to t-shirts
The bad part of winter is usually back-loaded to end of Feb/March
I changed my oil last Jan when it was 60ish
Yeah the climate definitely changed in the last 20 years or so in NJ.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Not to steal from the weather guru’s here. But just noticed some snow flurries here in Linden.
Got to see a few pixie dust flurries at Allaire State Park around noon, while the sun was still out. Not much on the horizon, though - maybe a bit of wintry precip around 12/6, but way too early to be concerned about (or excited for). It's been a colder than normal November, so at least the ski resorts got some snow (especially interior NY/New England) and were able to make snow. El Nino winters are generally above average in temperature in these parts and above average in precip, so if the timing of cold/precip work out, some El Nino's can be snowier than normal, although most are not.

Reactions: MadRU
Got to see a few pixie dust flurries at Allaire State Park around noon, while the sun was still out. Not much on the horizon, though - maybe a bit of wintry precip around 12/6, but way too early to be concerned about (or excited for). It's been a colder than normal November, so at least the ski resorts got some snow (especially interior NY/New England) and were able to make snow. El Nino winters are generally above average in temperature in these parts and above average in precip, so if the timing of cold/precip work out, some El Nino's can be snowier than normal, although most are not.
Killington has been open since early November (11/3). Others in Vermont/NH before Thanksgiving and even Hunter opened last weekend. Vermont got 8" a few days ago. Another great start to the ski season in the NE.

Ski resorts here in the Boone NC area have been snow making for more than a week now. Natural snow, though? Just showers/dustings so far. On the homefront, the firewood shed is full, as is the porch caddy, and the inside bin and kindling crate are always stocked up. Had a few wood stove fires so far, with wind-chill temps overnight in single digits. Tis the season....

Reactions: RW90
Ski resorts here in the Boone NC area have been snow making for more than a week now. Natural snow, though? Just showers/dustings so far. On the homefront, the firewood shed is full, as is the porch caddy, and the inside bin and kindling crate are always stocked up. Had a few wood stove fires so far, with wind-chill temps overnight in single digits. Tis the season....
Reading this makes me want to fire up our fireplace, but I hadn't gotten it cleaned for use in years. 😳

Reactions: RUinPinehurst

Are they open or just preparing?

giphy.gif

Yeah, but at some point it just gets too chilly to enjoy sitting around the fire pit (without it continuously raging). 🥶

True enough. I go through winter but gets too cold for everyone else and at some point I end up sitting there by myself.

Yeah, but at some point it just gets too chilly to enjoy sitting around the fire pit (without it continuously raging). 🥶
Fire pit here ready to go. First fire is usually the "burning of the documents" i.e. unceremoniously incinerating old financial statements and such. Been too windy of late, though.

Reactions: m1ipabrams
Just a little PSA for the Board…

I’ve prepped my snowblower and no issues. Started right up.

So you know what that means:

🚫❄️
My guess is you probably had the snowblower prepped and ready every year from 2000-2019, which was the snowiest 20 year period in recorded history in New Brunswick/Newark/NYC...so you might want to smash that thing with a sledgehammer if you want to avoid snow, lol.

My guess is you probably had the snowblower prepped and ready every year from 2000-2019, which was the snowiest 20 year period in recorded history in New Brunswick/Newark/NYC...so you might want to smash that thing with a sledgehammer if you want to avoid snow, lol.
Well, I forgot to mention...I did it myself this year, did not pay to have it done.

So we'll see...because when I paid, at least my neck of the woods, I was okay. Right @Knight Shift @knightfan7 @koleszar 🙂

Reactions: Knight Shift
Just a little PSA for the Board…

I’ve prepped my snowblower and no issues. Started right up.

So you know what that means:

🚫❄️
That would work, normally, except that I'm selling my snowblower and just going with the company that takes care of my lawn. So I'm expecting it to snow several dozen feet by Christmas, at least.

Well, I forgot to mention...I did it myself this year, did not pay to have it done.

So we'll see...because when I paid, at least my neck of the woods, I was okay. Right @Knight Shift @knightfan7 @koleszar 🙂
My Arien's Deluxe Professional grade snowblower with 420cc engine, is still in the box and on the crate in my shop. It's the perfect accessory for any working man's shop to place either rags or towels. If you ever need to wipe off grease or dirt no worries, they're in perfect view. Such a wise investment.

• Haha

Well inland Monmouth, i.e., Freehold area, was also well above normal the last 20 years (a guy from that area posts on AmericanWx) and I'm pretty sure coastal Monmouth (I think that's where you guys all live) was also well above normal for that 20 year period, but need to check that - give me a town...

Well inland Monmouth, i.e., Freehold area, was also well above normal the last 20 years (a guy from that area posts on AmericanWx) and I'm pretty sure coastal Monmouth (I think that's where you guys all live) was also well above normal for that 20 year period, but need to check that - give me a town...
I didn’t say I (or we) never had snow.

Just only when I have paid for the tuneup.

So to clarify…didn’t pay but do have it ready to go. Let’s see how it all plays out.

I didn’t say I (or we) never had snow.

Just only when I have paid for the tuneup.

So to clarify…didn’t pay but do have it ready to go. Let’s see how it all plays out.
Check your snowblower spreadsheet and tell me what years you paid to have the tune-up, what town you live in and your SS#, DOB, and credit card info, so I can do a proper assessment of the impact of all of this information on your snowfall.

We had 1 good storm along the coast last year, maybe 18 inches.

There's a rumor going around, started by vast hordes of Arkansas women wearing cowboy boots and tight jeans, that there is no such thing as hanging out too much with @RutgersRaRa.
I can get behind this 100% and have the priority points should anything, ya know, come up.

Reactions: mildone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT