ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Strickland’s Steakhouse in Woodbridge

Saw that. Named one of the state’s best, but couldn’t read the rest of the story so I didn’t realize it was close to me.

I plan on trying this place soon but I have to be honest, I have heard nothing positive about it yet. Over priced and average service, I will decide for myself.

Love a good steakhouse, so will try it. The bar is set pretty high in the area in NB with Steakhouse 85 and Stage Left Steak and with Char out on 22 in Raritan.

Reactions: Scarlet83
I've heard mixed reviews but everybody talks about how expensive it is.
Haven't been, but heard good things. Looked at the menu, everything seems to be at about the going rate for a high end steak house. People just aren't used to those prices.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Definitely sounds like worth trying. The location seems cool.....former bank. Prices are fine for a high quality steakhouse (they are all expensive).
Main Street Woodbridge is not that impressive. I used to enjoy eating at Il Costello's and Trattoria Venezia also on Main Street as the owners were regulars at the restaurant/nght club I managed and bartended at in Woodbridge.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Too high end for the majority of the residents of the town. I grew up there and left 17 years ago but my parents are still there. Definitely has changed over the years.
I owned a duplex around the corner.

Oh cool. I used to play basketball at the Phoenix building where I would see Eric LeGrand back in the day.(He lived like 6 blocks from my house). I bartended at Poor Billy's and Lou Piniella's Winners.
His mom graduated Colonia the year after me I believe. It could have been 2 years, but I think it was one.

I grew up in Colonia and bought the duplex as an investment. Was a great property but my wife moved in and spent too much money on a property I wanted to rent. The couple I sold to made a mint.

I did sell the side property of the lot to a builder which allowed me to break even. My wife still complains about that and the beautiful tree that was cut down.

Reactions: phlop87
First glance at the menu and prices seem maybe a bit higher than well known NYC Sh’s.

Been there twice… owner has another place in Staten Island… expensive but not much different from several other top steakhouses in New Jersey… nice atmosphere and another added touch to the restructuring of Woodbridges downtown area. As for the comments on people ‘s ablility to afford this restaurant . It only shows the smugness of some. 👏😎

Reactions: BigLou
Been there twice… owner has another place in Staten Island… expensive but not much different from several other top steakhouses in New Jersey… nice atmosphere and another added touch to the restructuring of Woodbridges downtown area. As for the comments on people ‘s ablility to afford this restaurant . It only shows the smugness of some. 👏😎
It's funny- I can afford with not long ago dropping $2k at Le Cinq in Paris for 2. Dropped almost that much for 8 at Bern's in Tampa.
But, when just doing dinner, I do concern myself if a petite filet is 65 and al le cart for anything else with it. That is going to be a 90-100 for a petite filet. That is kind of crazy. The Old Homestead has their 10 oz Filet at $59

not impressed with anything I've eaten at any 'steakhouse' in a long time (in NJ) will stick to NY vs overpaying (which I absolutely hate) for something. If you are going to charge NYC prices, it better NYC good!

None of the steakhouses mentioned pass muster

have not tried chopping block yet but the best in the state are in AC area

not impressed with anything I've eaten at any 'steakhouse' in a long time (in NJ) will stick to NY vs overpaying (which I absolutely hate) for something. If you are going to charge NYC prices, it better NYC good!

None of the steakhouses mentioned pass muster

have not tried chopping block yet but the best in the state are in AC area
Toscanos in Bordentown.

His mom graduated Colonia the year after me I believe. It could have been 2 years, but I think it was one.

I grew up in Colonia and bought the duplex as an investment. Was a great property but my wife moved in and spent too much money on a property I wanted to rent. The couple I sold to made a mint.

I did sell the side property of the lot to a builder which allowed me to break even. My wife still complains about that and the beautiful tree that was cut down.
I was the first class in Avenel who went to JFK instead of Colonia. Now they've switched it back to Colonia.

Main Street Woodbridge is not that impressive. I used to enjoy eating at Il Costello's and Trattoria Venezia also on Main Street as the owners were regulars at the restaurant/nght club I managed and bartended at in Woodbridge.
Have eaten at both il Costello's and Venezia many times over the years - have always liked both. I also love the Reo and San Remo's pizza.

Reactions: RC1991
Have eaten at both il Costello's and Venezia many times over the years - have always liked both. I also love the Reo and San Remo's pizza.

Oh cool. I used to play basketball at the Phoenix building where I would see Eric LeGrand back in the day.(He lived like 6 blocks from my house). I bartended at Poor Billy's and Lou Piniella's Winners.
The RIO quality has declined over the years. Even breakfast can be a crap shoot. Kenilworth Diner and Manny’s easy drive. As a poor Woodbridge resident I need a place I can afford.😜

D’Italia … good food and great owner.Strawberry’s Pub as well… Benny’s another decent pizza place. Mostly now go to Westfield , Cranford , the Oranges , Montclair .

Reactions: RC1991
REO was club/bar patrons after hours hang out. Place was always packed at 3am on the weekends. Worked for the owner Mike (RIP) and George when they opened Detours night club where the old Brass Bucket was on 9.

JFK had some good teams . Ron Allen is in our hall of fame . Helped us beat Penn state.
Great kick returner.
I went to school with Ronnie. Head coach Lanigan was my neighbor. My dad was all state as a running back I was all nothing as I had a real late growth spurt.

Reactions: Plum Street
D’Italia … good food and great owner.Strawberry’s Pub as well… Benny’s another decent pizza place. Mostly now go to Westfield , Cranford , the Oranges , Montclair .
D'Italias owner (Joe?) was a regular of mine at Poor Billy's

Jersey Boys is real good. Went to high school with Carmine. Bar Stool Sports did a review of their pizza.

Reactions: RUBOB72
Will have to try Sticklands. Char in Bridgewater and Wolfgang’s in Somerville also very good.

He was a nut job. He was always coked out of his mind. And a good portion of his management team loved blow too.
Best bar pies ever at poor Billie’s. Had many a drink paid for, shooting free throws in that place.

Still hit and miss and nowhere near the REO of 15-20 years ago. A burger?.French toast? And a vanilla shake? Can’t get much wrong with that list .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT