ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sunday Morning Baseball Trivia

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
If you don't cheat I think that this is very hard. I heard this on one of the games I watched this weekend. The discussion was about the versatility of so many players today. Here's the question:
Who is the only player in baseball history to have played in at least 200 games at each infield position during their career?
For our non RU grads that means he appeared at 1B 200 times, 2B 200 times, etc

A little help here. I wanted to check on other guys that I thought might have done it. I checked guys who have played every position in a game (Cesar Tovar, Bert Campaneris). Nope
I checked some modern super utility guys ( Ben Zobrist, Michael Young). Nope

Hints: Not an old timer.Played the second half of his career in this century.
Was an AS twice. Once in each league.
Let's see how we do

I know who he is because of his last team's announcer. I'll add a hint. He played in the Big Ten.

That would be correct. I think this is a pretty tough question.
It's a fluke I know this. Explain after. I have one for after this gets solved.
What brought this question up? Is someone getting closer?

They discussion was how more teams then ever have multiple positon guys with the Dodgers being a good example.The announcers noticed this guy was at the game.

Reactions: WhiteBus
So the recent news that involved him possibly taking the head coach job at his alma mater, a Big Ten team. He didn't get it.

So the answer is Mark Loretta. Going into his last year he already had 200 games+ at 2nd, SS and 3rd. Only needed 3 more at first to get to 200. He signed in the off-season with the Dodgers with Joe Torre as Manager and Vin Scully as the Dodgers announcer. Scully was the only one excited that he would be the only one. Never a story nationally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT