ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The drunkest city in NJ

Wow, I guess it must be pretty boring there for adults. Every time I’ve been there, never had a drink. It’s a place for little kids.

I have a friend with a beach house there. He says the liquor stores outside of town are always busy.

Stupid, misleading article and this threads title. They also ignore that this only applies in the summer and it's a County that is a sought after vacation destination so people are drinking every single day. OC maybe the leader on their Night's in Venice weekend but Cape May and the Wildwoods tells OC to hold their beer the rest of the time!

This doesn't surprise me at all. Locals refer to it as the wettest dry town in America

Lol Somers Point has about 5 bars and liquor stores within a 2 mile radius of the bridge to OCNJ. Dry town my ass...folks just stock up on the mainland.

Stupid, misleading article and this threads title. They also ignore that this only applies in the summer and it's a County that is a sought after vacation destination so people are drinking every single day. OC maybe the leader on their Night's in Venice weekend but Cape May and the Wildwoods tells OC to hold their beer the rest of the time!
I didn't read the analysis methodology, but for it to be holistic in nature (i.e., comparing all parts of the state and country), I'd imagine it's based on data of where population resides. That would negate your point about it being a summer / vacation town.

I didn't read the analysis methodology, but for it to be holistic in nature (i.e., comparing all parts of the state and country), I'd imagine it's based on data of where population resides. That would negate your point about it being a summer / vacation town.
Negate my point? Obviously you never lived in a Jersey shore town. I grew up in Lavalette NJ . Where we would have less then hundreds living town in the winter and thousands upon thousands in the summer.

Negate my point? Obviously you never lived in a Jersey shore town. I grew up in Lavalette NJ . Where we would have less then hundreds living town in the winter and thousands upon thousands in the summer.
Sorry, I meant it would negate your point around the article being crap and the conclusions being related to it being a shore town.

house on princeton ave says hello

TR here and your are right. Lavelette was a ghost town in the winters

Agreed. This excerpt from the article makes me wonder if it was written by a 9 year old...

"And technically, the data is for the metropolitan area, which is the entirety of Cape May County, not only Ocean City itself."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT