ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Veterans Park Cancer Cluster?

To be more accurate in the title the stadium is not Veterans Park, it is Veterans Stadium or "The Vet". It's been talked about for a while in Philly media circles especially around the time that Darren Daulton passed away. There's been a ton of theories but no one has ever linked to what it was before though.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Did not know about this.

Also Gary Carter and Tug McGraw. How many other Turf fields are there with this issue?
I don't know if Carter would've got his cancer from the Philly turf, I would look at the turf that was installed at Olympic Stadium.

Interesting no known Eagles got sick playing at the Vet, did the Eagles practice there or somewhere else? If somewhere else then it makes sense since they were only exposed to the turf about 10x a year while Phillies players it was 80+ a year.

I don't know if Carter would've got his cancer from the Philly turf, I would look at the turf that was installed at Olympic Stadium.

Interesting no known Eagles got sick playing at the Vet, did the Eagles practice there or somewhere else? If somewhere else then it makes sense since they were only exposed to the turf about 10x a year while Phillies players it was 80+ a year.
The eagles had an indoor practice bubble back then

Reactions: Ronnie_B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT