ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Knicks are fun to watch this year

As much as the NBA is a player's league, a blind man in the dark can see that Thibodeau makes all the difference on this team, this franchise. Lakers' players make really like Vogel, put he is part of the reason all that talent under performs on the court.

Weird post to bring up Vogel.
The reason the Lakers have "under performed" is because Lebron and Davis have been injured.

Lakers literally won the championship last year.
This year they are 38-30 (same exact record as the Knicks btw).

Lebron has played 43 games (10th in games played, 5th in minutes played for the Lakers)
Davis has played 33 games (12th in games played, 10th in minutes played for the Lakers)

Lakers are 28-13 when Lebron plays (10-17 when he doesn't).
Lakers are 20-13 when Davis plays (18-17 when he doesn't).

Meanwhile, Julius Randle has played 67 out of 68 games (2nd in games played, 1st in minutes played) and is having a historic season for a PF.

FYI:

Knicks v. Lakers on TNT @ 10pm

I think Lebron is sitting out.

Heat play the Celtics in the early TNT game.

Reactions: RUPete
FYI:

Knicks v. Lakers on TNT @ 10pm

I think Lebron is sitting out.

Heat play the Celtics in the early TNT game.
If that’s the case, that doesn’t bode well for their stretch run. Just yesterday Vogel talked about how he went through various scenarios in practice and workouts okay. Let’s see what happens tonight.

Did not make it past halftime last night but based on the write-ups I read this morning, a very tough loss last night as they had opportunities at the end of regulation and in OT to win the damn game.

Three teams at 38-31 for the 4-6 slots. Knicks only have a tiebreaker advantage with the Hawks but not against the Heat and not against either of the other two if a three way tie remains. Need one more win to avoid the 7th slot. Spurs, Hornets and Celtics left and all are at home.

Did not make it past halftime last night but based on the write-ups I read this morning, a very tough loss last night as they had opportunities at the end of regulation and in OT to win the damn game.

Three teams at 38-31 for the 4-6 slots. Knicks only have a tiebreaker advantage with the Hawks but not against the Heat and not against either of the other two if a three way tie remains. Need one more win to avoid the 7th slot. Spurs, Hornets and Celtics left and all are at home.

While it would suck for the Knicks, that Sunday Celtics-Knicks game to determine 6th or 7th seed would pretty exciting as a non-Knicks fan.

Not sure Celtics have it in them for a 3 game run though. Would expect big changes there in the offseason.

Miami's next two games are against Philly and Milwaukee. Both teams are jockeying for playoff seedings. I'm not sure either team is going to rest key players.

Reactions: NickRU714
Celtics proved they deserve to be in the play in tournament by losing to the Cavs last night. The Knicks are in. Would still like to get in the 4/5 match up instead of finishing 6th. They get a week off before starting the playoffs so I expect them to push in these last three until eliminated from 4/5 consideration. I think the Hawks are getting 4 given their remaining games although they struggled to get by the Beal less Wizards at home both Monday and last night.

Reactions: cm_13 and RUPete
Celtics proved they deserve to be in the play in tournament by losing to the Cavs last night. The Knicks are in. Would still like to get in the 4/5 match up instead of finishing 6th. They get a week off before starting the playoffs so I expect them to push in these last three until eliminated from 4/5 consideration. I think the Hawks are getting 4 given their remaining games although they struggled to get by the Beal less Wizards at home both Monday and last night.
4th is definitely Atlanta’s to lose. Two remaining games, both at home, against two of the worst teams in the league.

Miami on the other hand, has a TOUGH road left in front of them to hold on to 5th, hosting the 1st place Sixers tonight, then on the road at Milwaukee, before finishing up on the road against an awful Pistons team.

4th is definitely Atlanta’s to lose. Two remaining games, both at home, against two of the worst teams in the league.

Miami on the other hand, has a TOUGH road left in front of them to hold on to 5th, hosting the 1st place Sixers tonight, then on the road at Milwaukee, before finishing up on the road against an awful Pistons team.
Plus Oladipo is done for the year.

The Garden is rocking trying to Will the Knicks to a game 1 victory. Up 1 82-81. Nice to be able to watch with Breen and Clyde on the call. Good game.

Randle is trying too hard. He needs to let the game come to him. Payton shouldn't be on the team. Noel has been a steal, but the light might be too bright for him in the playoffs. Overall the starters came out tight, but the bench has saved them by playing out of their minds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg2020
The Garden is rocking trying to Will the Knicks to a game 1 victory. Up 1 82-81. Nice to be able to watch with Breen and Clyde on the call. Good game.

most fun I’ve had watching an nba game in years. What a difference a rocking full crowd makes, great to see it

Reactions: Greg2020
Young causing all kinds of problems. Rose needed a breather. Burks has been great. Need Randle down the stretch

It was only a matter of time until Young and the Hawks offense woke up. Similar to the Nets last night.

If Trae Young keeps up those post game antics he could quickly rise to Reggie Miller level villain status. He played very well but the Knicks need to stop those right side lane penetrations. We need to bring Oakley and Mason back for a game just to clog the lane and make Trae feel them!

Reactions: cm_13
If Trae Young keeps up those post game antics he could quickly rise to Reggie Miller level villain status. He played very well but the Knicks need to stop those right side lane penetrations. We need to bring Oakley and Mason back for a game just to clog the lane and make Trae feel them!
i only base this on what i watched (basically last 10 min of game) but Trae was getting by Rose so easily it almost seemed like there was pre-conceived defensive help strategy and then in the moment they were getting confused where he was expecting a helper. it seemed like every time Taj G stepped up to double/help they didnt know whether to switch off or stay and then both were out of position and trae would blow by.

...and i agree! Def could see a sideshow with him and spike as this series moves on!

Knicks are indeed fun to watch this year. Please enjoy it for three more games. :)

Nice 1-1. Keep Bullock on Young and force him left. He will still get his but need to make it more difficult. Hawks are a good team with a lot of quality depth. Given how Randle has played Knicks are fortunate to get a split.

Reactions: cm_13
Nice 1-1. Keep Bullock on Young and force him left. He will still get his but need to make it more difficult. Hawks are a good team with a lot of quality depth. Given how Randle has played Knicks are fortunate to get a split.
Bullock did a great job on Young in the second half, really felt like he started getting frustrated down the stretch. Also Rose and Gibson need to play as many minutes as they’re physically capable of, both guys have been vital during the first two games.

Rose was terrific but he can’t guard Young and needs a breather. I assume he starts on Friday and Burks and IQ will be the back up guards. Hearing that Mitchell Robinson is getting close to being available.

Couple of Scarlet Knights were in attendance last night. Looks like Luke Nathan got pretty up close and personal with Spike

Weird post to bring up Vogel.
The reason the Lakers have "under performed" is because Lebron and Davis have been injured.

Lakers literally won the championship last year.
This year they are 38-30 (same exact record as the Knicks btw).

Lebron has played 43 games (10th in games played, 5th in minutes played for the Lakers)
Davis has played 33 games (12th in games played, 10th in minutes played for the Lakers)

Lakers are 28-13 when Lebron plays (10-17 when he doesn't).
Lakers are 20-13 when Davis plays (18-17 when he doesn't).

Meanwhile, Julius Randle has played 67 out of 68 games (2nd in games played, 1st in minutes played) and is having a historic season for a PF.

This is correct. The Lakers had the best record in the NBA before losing two of the NBA's top 5 players to injuries.

Living on the West Coast, I don't see the Knicks play too often. I thought RJ Barrett was a key part of the team, but he didn't seem to be much of a factor down the stretch of either playoff game.

Nets Celtics
3m30s in and Nets already up 19-4
Harden with 10 pts.

Going back to the Knicks Hawks.

Nets Celtics
3m30s in and Nets already up 19-4
Harden with 10 pts.

Going back to the Knicks Hawks.
Hopefully you found your way back to Nets/Celts. If there is a most improved player in the post season award, Julius Randle is looking like a prime candidate for next year. Has been absolutely brutal on the offensive end and is setting a very low bar for improvement.

The Knicks were going to be challenged to win this series with him playing well. Little chance of that happening with the way he is playing. You wonder if the high minutes usage during the season is catching up to him. RJ was bad as well last night although his inconsistency has been an issue all season. If not for D. Rose it would have been Kevin Knox and Frank Nlitkina time early in the fourth quarter. As it was the Knicks never really threatened in the second half.

Hawks shot nearly 60% from 3 pt land last night yet only scored 105 points. They are a better defensive team than I thought although the Knicks are certainly helping them out.

Reactions: NickRU714
So, is tomorrow night end of season or the start of an epic comeback?

I'm Hoping it ends Tomorrow!

Do the Knicks have enough as constructed or are you still a few pieces shy?

Atlanta is also enjoyable to watch again and seems to be on the upswing. Would love to see both Knocks & ATL relevant in the post season for the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT