ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The official ACC all things thread

jay,
i can see FSU's value to Fox by bringing the FL market. was there any valuation done? i know B1G normally runs a valuation. i am a firm believer that RU got added only because we are in the #1 DMA in the country.
i am curious because FSU is in Tallahassee DMA, which is 105 in this list and the enrollment/alumni base is like 1/2 of UF or UCF.
Yes
Alford has projections up until 2042

B1G wants ND but not at the cost of losing money because it wants to bring Standford
just don't see Standford
i would make sense if someone told me B1G wants the san fran DMA, which is #10 DMA but for some reason the last valuation study didn't think it was worth the cost
Stanford didn’t justify being added on their own. ND will bring so much revenue that the B1G would make money no matter who they add along with ND.

Stanford will be on a small list of teams that the B1G would probably allow ND to pick from to come along as team #20 if that meant ND would join.

PE should not exist. Use the stock markets or use owner partnerships where the investment is not so leveraged by debt to the firm that PE is taking control of. Outlaw what they do... which is destroy much more often than they create.

More commentary quoting Finebaum that UNC is the #1 ACC school that both BIG and SEC want if the conference falls apart:

GO RU
Not saying he’s wrong
But I’d still like to c*nt punt that prick

• Haha
Reactions: mosito and satnom
Clemson is a good program with recent NC success but nowhere near a CFB blue blood. They don't have anywhere near the history to be a blue blood.
Agree with you and they don’t t really fit in the B1G and they don’t give the SEC anything they don’t already have. If Dabo ever leaves, I believe they go from a Top 10 program to a Top 20 Program or worse rather quickly.

More commentary quoting Finebaum that UNC is the #1 ACC school that both BIG and SEC want if the conference falls apart:

GO RU
FWIW (which could be absolute zero) a VT blog cites an unnamed Vegas book as offering the following odds on who is next to enter the SEC if it expands:

UNC +300
Clemson +350
FSU +400
Virginia +500
Virginia Tech +600
Miami +1200
Oklahoma State +1500
Field +1300

Those odds seem unduly generous, but the ranking seems right to me.

FWIW (which could be absolute zero) a VT blog cites an unnamed Vegas book as offering the following odds on who is next to enter the SEC if it expands:

UNC +300
Clemson +350
FSU +400
Virginia +500
Virginia Tech +600
Miami +1200
Oklahoma State +1500
Field +1300

Those odds seem unduly generous, but the ranking seems right to me.
Okie State has zero shot of getting into the SEC.

They are like the really obnoxious, pretentious girl in high school who thinks they are the hot chick, yet wondering why nobody ever asks them out.

Also, an NCS fan talking shit is one of the more laughabe things I’ve seen in awhile

Trash school
Trash fanbase
Trash football program

If there was a picture of Little Brother in the dictionary, the Wolfpack would be the poster child

Espn is cash strapped. Espn prolly told SEC that it is not paying more for FSU and Clemson than what it is paying now.
It’s not just “why should they give FSU and Clemson a raise if they don’t have to”?

It is, “why would they risk destabilizing the ACC more when it is their best contract”?

Reactions: Doctor Worm
I still think fsu and Clemson end up in the P2 , they just aren’t the top choices, never have been and I think fsu and Clemson fans struggle with that concept.

But I can see it being a case of them leading the mag 7 to break the dam, maybe even being fed info by them to proceed - and once the top choices like nd, unc and uva decide then they fall into one of them.

As it was said in the reports - fsu and Clemson have a place in the p2 if the ACC falls apart, not just getting out but breaking the whole thing - so they have to do that to get into the big or sec

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT