ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Shine Is Off Coach Prime

Dion has stain. Still going to get recruits.

But - if I was a high school player, I would think twice. The coach has not only demonstrated a willingness to speak negatively of players in public but also boot players.

Not a good recipe for player development if you aren’t walking in ready to play already.
That is one thing if I was an Olineman would make me take pause. When they were doing good, he heaped tons of praise on his Son, Hunter and the WR core, saying how he loved them. Now that they're doing bad, the 1st thing out of his mouth was to trash his Olineman.

I said, before the season he was going to be in trouble getting rid of almost all his Olineman and bringing in transfers from Missouri St. and Jackson St. We're talking about guys not even all conference at these lower levels. The Prime apologist said, he'll be fine, they'll just throw quickly.

Could the coach have addressed this and made his players aware of college football history?
I don't know maybe he did and kids didn't care much.
You know how youngs can get when seasoned adults start to wax poetic about how things were back in the day (30 years since Super Bowl with M Jackson that Deion mentioned).

Things are not looking too good for Coach Sanders being bowl eligible this year. 4-6, down three scores to Wazzu and Utah next week.
It looks like he's changed his neckware from a cross to a gold whistle? Why would you wear a gold whistle?
I think Wash St. was 4.5 point favorite

Edit: Make that four scores

Last edited:
Deion is not a football coach. I don't know what he is, but a football coach he is not.

The only thing these kids know how to do is run their mouths and commit penalties. Travis Hunter slamming a WSU player into the gatorade table out of bounds while jawing off down 3 touchdowns is embarrassing.

The only answer Deion has to anything is to buy better players in the portal. No such thing as developing guys to be better, no such thing as adjusting the game plan to their strengths, no words about finding a way to win. Just trash the guys that aren't working and buy better ones if we can. That is not coaching. That is garbage.

He demoted the best coach on the sideline as a scapegoat. You are watching an utter train wreck in slow motion. All this while he and his sons collect huge checks. He'll be out as soon as they graduate and leave the program worse than when he found it.

Shame on anyone who gave or gives this guy more credit than Schiano.

Deion is not a football coach. I don't know what he is, but a football coach he is not.

The only thing these kids know how to do is run their mouths and commit penalties. Travis Hunter slamming a WSU player into the gatorade table out of bounds while jawing off down 3 touchdowns is embarrassing.

The only answer Deion has to anything is to buy better players in the portal. No such thing as developing guys to be better, no such thing as adjusting the game plan to their strengths, no words about finding a way to win. Just trash the guys that aren't working and buy better ones if we can. That is not coaching. That is garbage.

He demoted the best coach on the sideline as a scapegoat. You are watching an utter train wreck in slow motion. All this while he and his sons collect huge checks. He'll be out as soon as they graduate and leave the program worse than when he found it.

42-7 WSU at the half!

The "best coach in football" was getting his QB killed by attempting bomb after bomb without enough pass blocking for a 2 yard pass. Shedeur had to get a shot to go back on the field after the half. 7 sacks, 17 hits and 13 knockdowns. Any Giant fan who watched Eli is last few years knew you cant pass long without the blocking. During the game I was thinking WTF is this guy doing?

Was really, really hoping The U had been reincarnated. Oh well, maybe Prime turns it around next year but after he demoted his OC for no obvious reason it was obvious shit is going slideways.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I haven't seen a face like that on the sidelines since.......
OIP.2xhnfCnHtuZdPakJvypzpQHaE8

Let’s be honest guys, Colorado is the most exciting 4-7 team in the country thanks to CORCH PRIME!

• Haha
Reactions: jtung230
Let’s be honest guys, Colorado is the most exciting 4-7 team in the country thanks to CORCH PRIME!
I think the one son, the QB, really is a fun player to watch. The other one, the DB, is an average college player from what I've seen..
But overall I don't think that your statement is accurate. But I will agree that Stanford coming back from 29-0 was an exciting game to watch.

WSU was reeling coming into that game as they too had been on a losing streak after starting out the season well.

It was Colorado’s last chance at a win. All you can say is the season overall was a step in the positive direction compared to the past and they’ve been a little more competitive. The way it’s ended leaves a totally bitter taste and the losing streak is terrible.

The "best coach in football" was getting his QB killed by attempting bomb after bomb without enough pass blocking for a 2 yard pass. Shedeur had to get a shot to go back on the field after the half. 7 sacks, 17 hits and 13 knockdowns. Any Giant fan who watched Eli is last few years knew you cant pass long without the blocking. During the game I was thinking WTF is this guy doing?
I believe their QB has been sacked the most in FBS.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
WSU was reeling coming into that game as they too had been on a losing streak after starting out the season well.

It was Colorado’s last chance at a win. All you can say is the season overall was a step in the positive direction compared to the past and they’ve been a little more competitive. The way it’s ended leaves a totally bitter taste and the losing streak is terrible.
IDK about that. Take away Shedeur and Hunter, and what have they got? Not much.

I believe their QB has been sacked the most in FBS.

Yes - Buff's own the cellar for sacks allowed.
But the other hits are worse than the sacks.
Shedeur will try to stay behind LOS to make a completion and gets whacked a lot.
No surprise he got hurt, but it is a surprise he's still in top dozen for passing (293yds/gm 247D/3INT)
Travis Hunter gets all the attention but Xavier Weaver is a good WR who was USF's top WR before transfer.

IDK about that. Take away Shedeur and Hunter, and what have they got? Not much.
In terms of competitiveness (not yesterday and some other games as well) and wins they’ve improved so that’s positive. Whether they take another positive step or fall back, we’ll have to wait and see.

Reactions: Steve91562

The loses are just nuts in the batter of eternity.
The worst part is hideous OL and QB punishment
Andrew Luck was a HOF QB who fell apart behind a crappy OL.
A QB has only so many hits they can take.
Shedeur isn't as fragile as Savage was but Colorado OL is a lot like RU in 2010 (when RU set sacks allowed record).

I believe Colorado has more 4 and 5 star players on their roster then we have ever had in a single season- even years when we sent a bunch of kids to the NFL.
He has a QB that really is very good.

And his team really sort of sucks. You are going to end up with his 2 sons getting all the NIL next year and then see it dry up after that.

In terms of competitiveness (not yesterday and some other games as well) and wins they’ve improved so that’s positive. Whether they take another positive step or fall back, we’ll have to wait and see.

Buff's need depth and thats hard to grow with one season
Colorado's middle LB went down and had to be replaced with the 195lb starting safety who is now out

I believe Colorado has more 4 and 5 star players on their roster then we have ever had in a single season- even years when we sent a bunch of kids to the NFL.
He has a QB that really is very good.

And his team really sort of sucks. You are going to end up with his 2 sons getting all the NIL next year and then see it dry up after that.

Buff's offense is actually much better than RUs (total offense = #75 vs . #119 - total scoring = # 55 vs #87)
Travis Hunter doing better with NIL than Shilo.
Wimsatt would seem much better to people if he had WRs who could actually help him out

olzS60N.gif

Marginal, and mostly on the strength of those two players.
What's funny to me is some of our board geniuses will lather up Deion for a good job this year, but will not give Schiano one iota of kudos or tip of the hat for 2020 and 2021. That's not you, and I don't want you to think I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Did things go bad last year for Greg. Yes, but progress is not always linear. Time and time again, our fans cheer loudly for the fleeting or temporary successes of others but they will never "love the one they're with" or at least supposed to be with.

Stepping down a half level to he B12 will help their competitiveness and wins probably.

Dieon knows hype and the Buffs are benefiting from that.
As a major college HC he started off a star, now looks over-matched
but has the program better than it was before he arrived.
Time will tell if Sanders is as good as he looked in the beginning or is a dud that didn't live up to the hype surrounding him
As for exciting , 5 loses in a row takes away from that classification.
One might feel the Stanford game started the end of the Buffs being an exciting program and shown to the college football world: " all that glitters isn't gold."

We
Time will tell if Sanders is as good as he looked in the beginning or is a dud that didn't live up to the hype surrounding him
One might feel the Stanford game started the end of the Buffs being an exciting program and shown to the college football world: " all that glitters isn't gold."

We'll find out when the portal and '24 commits are finalized. Right now he only has 2 three star OL recruits, which will not be enough to solve that problem.

Does he have the "program" better or this year's team?

Does he have the "program" better or this year's team?
So far the program is better, record wise, this year.
Next year will be proof in the pudding or prove to be just the jello that looks good
but not very solid once you check it out.
Deion is a great salesman, Coach Sanders needs to prove the product he wants bought is a good one or just was a flash in the pan that just didn't have the right stuff with him in charge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT