ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Shine Is Off Coach Prime

Also giving up on players seems like a bad coaching move and throwing them under the bus because you couldn't coach them up is a sign you're an egotistical person who willing accepts the praise when your team is winning, but needs a scapegoat when the team starts losing.

I think its more a sign his son is QB and could barely walk off the field.
While pass blocking sucks, the problem is they can't block the run and every play becomes a pass
That makes it easy for DBs and DL.
Sanders criticized the scheme so I think part of his criticism is about coaches
If coach thinks you're good he'll tell you and vice versa
The line plays ok sometimes (USC) and then goes limp others.
I think play selection is part of the problem.
Every play cant be a long ball when you cant block.
The plays are wrong and some OL do look soft - they dont even look right in pads - big kids with no power/attitude

“I’m a little biased because I’m his father, but I think we have the best quarterback in the country. I don’t think any other quarterback could put up with or stand and deliver like I always do week in and week out and taken the beating that he’s taking. And we’ve got to address that. We’ve got to address that scheme-wise, we’ve got to address that functionally with what we have on the line and we’ve just got to do a better job. We do...“

"The big picture, you go get new linemen,” Sanders said. “That’s the picture, I’m going to paint it perfectly.”

Imagine if Prime came in here this year- The entire OL would have been gone, Dremel- gone, Young- gone, maybe even KM- gone, JL - gone who knows on defense...

Reactions: Virginiarufan
The offense showcases his son. The ultimate daddy ball. Can anyone top it ?

I'm curious to see if he can get the players he needs because it does look like a fun offense to part of. It's not helping them this year but maybe it's setting the stage for the future?

Of course I don't see him there once his kids leave.

Lol @ people saying Prime doesn’t care about the kids or something. With the amount of NIL money coming in the door at CU, it’s going to be run like a pro organization. If you can’t step up, they’ll buy better talent and coaches. For now.

Eventually Prime is going to have to win with bought talent, end of story. Doesn’t have to happen this year, but it will have to happen.

Reactions: ashokan
Lol @ people saying Prime doesn’t care about the kids or something. With the amount of NIL money coming in the door at CU, it’s going to be run like a pro organization. If you can’t step up, they’ll buy better talent and coaches. For now.

Eventually Prime is going to have to win with bought talent, end of story. Doesn’t have to happen this year, but it will have to happen.
I'm betting that after his sons are out the door, Prime goes too and along with him- the NIL money.

The othr thing that could happen- he keeps just giving up on kids that don’t perform year 1 and brings in new talent to replace them and the team never jells and stays winning 3-6 games a year and the money dries up that way.

Last edited:

When was the last time you were this kind about Rutgers and Schiano? Some of you guys are hilarious.

When was the last time you were this kind about Rutgers and Schiano? Some of you guys are hilarious.
I don’t feel like I was particularly kind to Prime lol. I will 100% admit the CU saga is the most fun I’ve had watching college football in a while other than our surprisingly good play this year. Sanders and CU have a totally different program compared to us. For them, the money and talent is there and will continue to be there for the next couple of years at least depending in how Prime’s tenure goes. The blueprint is already there for success, it’s up to them to grab it. For us, the blueprint is a lot muddier and things like our offense still look out of place in modern college football (and a lot of it comes from Schianoball which is what it is) which can be frustrating at times.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I don’t feel like I was particularly kind to Prime lol. I will 100% admit the CU saga is the most fun I’ve had watching college football in a while other than our surprisingly good play this year. Sanders and CU have a totally different program compared to us. For them, the money and talent is there and will continue to be there for the next couple of years at least depending in how Prime’s tenure goes. The blueprint is already there for success, it’s up to them to grab it. For us, the blueprint is a lot muddier and things like our offense still look out of place in modern college football (and a lot of it comes from Schianoball which is what it is) which can be frustrating at times.
I didn't think you were being all that kind to him either. But what I disagree with- I don't think the blueprint for success is to have a bunch of new talent each year. Even the Bama's of the world live off of 3-4th year players who have been coached through the system. Prime has a blueprint to get transfers and NIL grabbing 4 star players but if he isn't coaching them up or building depth behind the starters- it is a horrible blueprint.

I didn't think you were being all that kind to him either. But what I disagree with- I don't think the blueprint for success is to have a bunch of new talent each year. Even the Bama's of the world live off of 3-4th year players who have been coached through the system. Prime has a blueprint to get transfers and NIL grabbing 4 star players but if he isn't coaching them up or building depth behind the starters- it is a horrible blueprint.
that's a good point and often overlooked in that team chemistry, playing like a team, knowing your teammate strengths and weaknesses and relying on the matured player are all valued contributors to a successful team/program

Maybe support system is a better term rather than blueprint. Colorado football currently benefits from all-in support from the admin and state as well as tremendous private donor/NIL funding. If Prime squanders that support system it’s all on him.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
that's a good point and often overlooked in that team chemistry, playing like a team, knowing your teammate strengths and weaknesses and relying on the matured player are all valued contributors to a successful team/program
in sports like baseball and basketball- you can put together a handful of selfish gunslingers and have it work but in football- you need them all to play as a team. You also need those depth players that are playing and learning to become better so they can earn their way up the depth chart. Not kids who expect to start who are pissed they are 2nd string.
Do you also think Coach Prime would have ever supported a R Sutton type player

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Maybe support system is a better term rather than blueprint. Colorado football currently benefits from all-in support from the admin and state as well as tremendous private donor/NIL funding. If Prime squanders that support system it’s all on him.
agree

A lot of big oil money on Colorado. He has an NIL war chest, otherwise he wouldn't have taken the job. He'll reload next year and get better and better. Hopefully we'll find a few big donors. They're out there.
Always wondered about this. I hope you're right.

Is it really Schianoball, or is it B1G Ball (maybe the B1G needs B1gger Balls? 😜)?

I agree the programs are totally different because they play in a totally different conference- one without any defense!

Just looking at the Team Offense Stats at ESPN, the first team that pops up is Ohio State at #40 (may have miscounted by a couple). Next after that is Michigan at #46. I was surprised that for passing yards, Ohio State is a little higher, and next is Maryland, but still nowhere near the top of the team rankings including all conferences.

On the other hand, which conference is strong in defense? Yup. Michigan #1, Penn State #2, Ohio State #4, Rutgers #3, Nebraska #13, Iowa #19.

I think you are a little ahead of yourself with "the blueprint is there for success." Losing 4 out of the last 5, losing to Stanford and being 1-4 in conference is a blue print for success? I'd chuck those blue prints in the trash and find a new architect.

in sports like baseball and basketball- you can put together a handful of selfish gunslingers and have it work but in football- you need them all to play as a team. You also need those depth players that are playing and learning to become better so they can earn their way up the depth chart. Not kids who expect to start who are pissed they are 2nd string.
Do you also think Coach Prime would have ever supported a R Sutton type player
Honestly I don't know if he would. I can see him on both sides of that coin

There may not be enough money if Coach Prime-a-donna's act gets old... and its beginning to stink like yesterday's catch-of-the-day.

Oh.. and Big Ten teams are mostly constructed to win in harsh winter weather.. running the ball when teh ball is as hard as a rock. Being in Boulder, I will be curious to see how they pass the ball around like that in the snow. They even end the season at Utah... we shall see how it goes later this month and early next.

As far as national media... when SEC teams offense sucks it is because the SEC defenses are so great. When Big Ten offenses suck it is because the Big Ten sucks. that's how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUTGERS95
And he just demoted the best coach on his staff.
Just read that. What an ass, Sean Lewis needs to leave after this year. He was by far their best coach and the conductor for them being able to keep it close against some better teams. It's his friggin offense, not Prime's or the analyst Pat Shurmur's replacing him.

The offense showcases his son. The ultimate daddy ball. Can anyone top it ?

I'm curious to see if he can get the players he needs because it does look like a fun offense to part of. It's not helping them this year but maybe it's setting the stage for the future?

Of course I don't see him there once his kids leave.
I don't think daddy ball as his son can play, no question about that

Just read that. What an ass, Sean Lewis needs to leave after this year. He was by far their best coach and the conductor for them being able to keep it close against some better teams. It's his friggin offense, not Prime's or the analyst Pat Shurmur's replacing him.
Must have criticized Shadeur lol

I don't know all the coaches but whoever was running the offense vs UCLA was awful. If a team cant pass block for more than a 1/4 second then they can't be keyed-in on long passes.

As soon as Shedeur got the ball he had multiple players in his face. If he wasn't blasted there he was blasted after a short scramble. He was getting demolished all night and needed a shot at the half. I'm sure Prime was very dissapointed in the offense all around but the plays were just deadly.

With no run game (no blocking) a reliance on long pass attempts just gave DL a license to rush passer every down. DBs never had to stay close in case of a run.

In the 4th the Buffs left the long ball and chipped away - scoring TD. That's what they should have been doing earlier

Eli couldn't throw long even with Beckham and had to run slants all the time. Imagine Eli dropping back for long balls over and over in his last years? Giants knew better

"It's a struggle to run the ball, and we got to figure that out because now you're one-dimensional," Deion Sanders said. "And it's easy to stop a team when they're one-dimensional. That's who we are at this point in time." DS

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
Must have criticized Shadeur lol
Pat Shurmur was the guy who took over the Giants for one season and two games compiling the stellar record of 5-13. He then went to the Broncos as OC where he set a record for 2nd least total yds. in their history at 158 yds. in a game. He lasted with the Broncos for one year. This is the guy Sanders chose over Sean Lewis.

I don't know all the coaches but whoever was running the offense vs UCLA was awful. If a team cant pass block for more than a 1/4 second then they can't be keyed-in on long passes.

As soon as Shedeur got the ball he had multiple players in his face. If he wasn't blasted there he was blasted after a short scramble. He was getting demolished all night and needed a shot at the half. I'm sure Prime was very dissapointed in the offense all around but the plays were just deadly.

With no run game (no blocking) a reliance on long pass attempts just gave DL a license to rush passer every down. DBs never had to stay close in case of a run.

In the 4th the Buffs left the long ball and chipped away - scoring TD. That's what they should have been doing earlier

Eli couldn't throw long even with Beckham and had to run slants all the time. Imagine Eli dropping back for long balls over and over in his last years? Giants knew better

"It's a struggle to run the ball, and we got to figure that out because now you're one-dimensional," Deion Sanders said. "And it's easy to stop a team when they're one-dimensional. That's who we are at this point in time." DS
Deflect away from Sanders and excuse it any way you want. It still comes up as a stupid decision to demote your OC after 8 games. Especially when it was the OC whose offense got them the 4 wins and potentially a 5th if the defense didn't completely implode.

Last edited:
And for the record, I think they are averaging 32 points a game right now

With no OL and running game that’s pretty good imo.
The funny thing- their OL averages a 3.0 star rating and yet, it may be the lowest rated position group. But, the OL can never be missionaries as opposed to any other group on the team.
But- HC and the QB are running the "show"
Anyone that hasn't seen that Prime is about the Prime, is fooling themselves.

Deflect away from Sanders and excuse it any way you want. It still comes up as a stupid decision to demote your OC after 8 games. Especially when it was the OC whose offense got them the 4 wins and potentially a 5th if the defense didn't completely implode.

Shedeur, Travis Hunter, Xavier Weaver, Shilo, Trevor Woods and Michael Harrison are what got them the wins - especially Sheduer (who will be a #1 in a draft without Caleb Williams), Ufortunately the plays are making Shedeur into Andrew Luck physically.

Even if the run game is no good you have to run something other than 9 routes just to keep DBs honest. Obviously the coaches want a win and will roll the dice but they are looking for 4 leaf clovers on most plays and they aren't there - or they are but there's no time.

That's bad coaching, and if I was surprised by the suicide offense I know Pops Sanders had to be unhappy watching the beatings. Run a screen pass or somethiong now and then. At least Schurmer knows how to run an offense that cant block. Here come the OBJ slants lol

Yeeeeaaaahhh… Sean Lewis will probably be a head coach again next year. He definitely would be an OC, maybe in the NFL. And to be replaced by Pat Shurmur????? 🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴.

This screams Daddy Ball, esp if nothing is done to the DC because the it’s not the offense giving up at least 35 points a game.

Shedeur, Travis Hunter, Xavier Weaver, Shilo, Trevor Woods and Michael Harrison are what got them the wins - especially Sheduer (who will be a #1 in a draft without Caleb Williams), Ufortunately the plays are making Shedeur into Andrew Luck physically.

Even if the run game is no good you have to run something other than 9 routes just to keep DBs honest. Obviously the coaches want a win and will roll the dice but they are looking for 4 leaf clovers on most plays and they aren't there - or they are but there's no time.

That's bad coaching, and if I was surprised by the suicide offense I know Pops Sanders had to be unhappy watching the beatings. Run a screen pass or somethiong now and then. At least Schurmer knows how to run an offense that cant block. Here come the OBJ slants lol
Sanders #1 pick? Lol. Day 2 at best.

Sanders #1 pick? Lol. Day 2 at best.

As of now Colorado is worst team for sacks allowed with 46 (and three games to go)
The total could have been much higher but Shedeur is pretty evasive.
Colorado's OL is worse than RU's in 2010 (61 sacks - a D1 record at the time) and that's saying something
Despite the awful line Shedeur is #2 in the nation for passing (he's a true pocket passer but can run)

euWmp4U.jpg

changing OCs did wonders
whose next on Deion's prime list of scapegoat candidates on his staff
Worked wonders, at least this week, for Arkansas to fire Dan Enos who was just hired this year and got a 3 yr deal to boot.

Scored 3 points against Miss St in a loss the previous game and scored 39 points against UF in Gainesville for a win yesterday. First ever in the Swamp.

I the there’s a line there between a change needs to be made and your trigger finger is too itchy. Have to be careful which side of it you’re on. Colorado has no OL and run game but the stats they put up despite that were respectable.

As of now Colorado is worst team for sacks allowed with 46 (and three games to go)
The total could have been much higher but Shedeur is pretty evasive.
Colorado's OL is worse than RU's in 2010 (61 sacks - a D1 record at the time) and that's saying something
Despite the awful line Shedeur is #2 in the nation for passing (he's a true pocket passer but can run)

euWmp4U.jpg
Their OLine isn't good but Sanders also holds on to the ball too much and hardly ever throws it away.

Reactions: winfield102
Worked wonders, at least this week, for Arkansas to fire Dan Enos who was just hired this year and got a 3 yr deal to boot.

Scored 3 points against Miss St in a loss the previous game and scored 39 points against UF in Gainesville for a win yesterday. First ever in the Swamp.

I the there’s a line there between a change needs to be made and your trigger finger is too itchy. Have to be careful which side of it you’re on. Colorado has no OL and run game but the stats they put up despite that were respectable.
Yesterday's win increased Pittman’s buyout by 5 million

Yesterday's win increased Pittman’s buyout by 5 million
Yea @Knight Shift mentioned that in the games thread

So if Ark wanted to get rid of him you can tack that on to the 3yr deal of Enos lol, assuming it was guaranteed which these days that’s the better bet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT