ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Shine Is Off Coach Prime

As of now Colorado is worst team for sacks allowed with 46 (and three games to go)
The total could have been much higher but Shedeur is pretty evasive.
Colorado's OL is worse than RU's in 2010 (61 sacks - a D1 record at the time) and that's saying something
Despite the awful line Shedeur is #2 in the nation for passing (he's a true pocket passer but can run)

euWmp4U.jpg
Number 2 in yards per game lol. That doesn’t mean #2 passer. He has many more attempts than the other good qbs. Also his rating is lower than most. Plus minus Oregon and Oregon State he’s played all really poor defenses.

Number 2 in yards per game lol. That doesn’t mean #2 passer. He has many more attempts than the other good qbs. Also his rating is lower than most. Plus minus Oregon and Oregon State he’s played all really poor defenses.

He also has 70% completion percentage and 24 TDs with 3 INTs - all that with 4-5 guys in his face every play.
Plus he throws laser darts that go 40 yds 7 ft off the ground
Lots of players can chuck a ball 50 yds if it goes 30 feet high
He's on track for 9 mil NIL.

Worked wonders, at least this week, for Arkansas to fire Dan Enos who was just hired this year and got a 3 yr deal to boot.

Scored 3 points against Miss St in a loss the previous game and scored 39 points against UF in Gainesville for a win yesterday. First ever in the Swamp.

I the there’s a line there between a change needs to be made and your trigger finger is too itchy. Have to be careful which side of it you’re on. Colorado has no OL and run game but the stats they put up despite that were respectable.
one change (Arkansas) because the HC needs to shake things up and make a change.
The other (Colorado) was to deflect the blame from the HC on to someone else
( the OC )and scapegoat him even though the offense was scoring points despite thee OL being a major problem.
Or that OC wasn't getting along with sonny-boy because as QB coach was being a little harsh when correcting the flaws in sonny's game.
One must be careful when dealing with mr ego's kid.

If anyone deserved to be replaced, my guess would point to the OL coach, Bill O'Boyle, who came from Kent State with Sean Lewis

one change (Arkansas) because the HC needs to shake things up and make a change.
The other (Colorado) was to deflect the blame from the HC on to someone else
( the OC )and scapegoat him even though the offense was scoring points despite thee OL being a major problem.
Or that OC wasn't getting along with sonny-boy because as QB coach was being a little harsh when correcting the flaws in sonny's game.
One must be careful when dealing with mr ego's kid.

If anyone deserved to be replaced, my guess would point to the OL coach, Bill O'Boyle, who came from Kent State with Sean Lewis

The Buff's OL doesn't even look good in pads
Vs Oregon St they ran the ball 19x for -7 yards.
Not a lot to work with

So strange, isn’t it? GS can do nothing right and Prime time is the best thing that ever happened. Lol

Prime is in first year of D1 football as a coach nevermind head .
Greg was DB coach for Penn St in 91-95 and DC for Hurricanes before HC job in 2001
Of course along the way he coached an NFL team and then DC for Ohio St under Meyer.
Of course Greg has not exactly rushed RU back to relevance no less CFB as a whole.
Prime has made CFB a force in sports and marketing more than anyone else in recent memory.
A lot of programs heads are thinking "How can we do what Colorado did?"
I'm sure even Greg likes Prime

KNeYe6z.jpg

Greg was DB coach for Penn St in 91-95 and DC for Hurricanes before HC job in 2001
Of course along the way he coached an NFL team and then DC for Ohio St under Meyer.
Of course Greg has not exactly rushed RU back to relevance no less CFB as a whole.
Prime has made CFB a force in sports and marketing more than anyone else in recent memory.

KNeYe6z.jpg
Well, I guess Bernie Madoff got away with it too for 30 years.
I have never had anything against Deion but I have no respect for him as a coach...

Well, I guess Bernie Madoff got away with it too for 30 years.
I have never had anything against Deion but I have no respect for him as a coach...
Listen its always easy to tell when people resent Sanders personlly but have a "high minded" reason for doing so. Now you're comparing him to Bernie Sanders but you have "nothing against him" lol

xr1zEt1.jpg

I think Dan Lanning is saying if this guy gets paid $$$ coaches that actually win consistently year after year at a much higher level should get $$$$$$. Haha

c'mon, you're not looking at this without a jaded view.
I think Deion did get NIL and high level transfers. What I don't think is that he gives 2 shats about a single player or coach that does not share his name. I have heard him throw players under the bus, throw his coach under th bus but I do not see him with the buck stops with him.
Why can't they run or have a good OL- oh yeah- that is a tough group to have mercenaries- the OL on his roster were all pretty decent coming our of HS- almost all of the 3 star players- maybe coach doesn't know you you need to coach these kids up. But I am sure by end of the season- it will all fall on the players and not on Prime.
Remember when thy interviewed him leaving HS coaching to go to JSU and he is talking about being a mentor and how it is all about the kids. All of it complete BS.
So- I give him props for marketing. I give him an F for coaching, program building and mentoring...

I think Deion did get NIL and high level transfers. What I don't think is that he gives 2 shats about a single player or coach that does not share his name. I have heard him throw players under the bus, throw his coach under th bus but I do not see him with the buck stops with him.
Why can't they run or have a good OL- oh yeah- that is a tough group to have mercenaries- the OL on his roster were all pretty decent coming our of HS- almost all of the 3 star players- maybe coach doesn't know you you need to coach these kids up. But I am sure by end of the season- it will all fall on the players and not on Prime.
Remember when thy interviewed him leaving HS coaching to go to JSU and he is talking about being a mentor and how it is all about the kids. All of it complete BS.
So- I give him props for marketing. I give him an F for coaching, program building and mentoring...
but you're conflating separate issues. His care of the players and what he's done for CU and CFB different items

I don't think anyone can deny what he's done for CFB and for CU with the ratings, money, exposure, applications, buzz etc etc

His care and view of players is another matter and on the latter I agree with you

but you're conflating separate issues. His care of the players and what he's done for CU and CFB different items

I don't think anyone can deny what he's done for CFB and for CU with the ratings, money, exposure, applications, buzz etc etc

His care and view of players is another matter and on the latter I agree with you
He is the Head Coach- and if it is all about ratings, money, etc...then, in my opinion, he would not get my son to be that man person in their life while me and the wife ae not with them.
Why would anyone trust their child to a person like that?

He is the Head Coach- and if it is all about ratings, money, etc...then, in my opinion, he would not get my son to be that man person in their life while me and the wife ae not with them.
Why would anyone trust their child to a person like that?
no doubt, I agree with that as any kid is just a step he's using to get what he wants

Reactions: yesrutgers01
no doubt, I agree with that as any kid is just a step he's using to get what he wants

A common goal, for both coach and player, does not equate to the player not counting as a person to the coach. You have them essentially as cannon fodder.

Remember when people on this board were talking about Colorado going to the Peach Bowl?

Peach Bowl did hope for Colorado and sent scouts to USC/Colorado game.
I mean their ratings have been top 10 4X
Alas the OL just got exposed as "hot garbage" to borrow a Prime term.
I don't know if some original guys got hurt but their so-so play became no-no play.
NFL to CFB - OL who can block are just like looking for pigs that fly.
There are already new OL players on the way though.

Peach Bowl did hope for Colorado and sent scouts to USC/Colorado game.
I mean their ratings have been top 10 4X
Alas the OL just got exposed as "hot garbage" to borrow a Prime term.
I don't know if some original guys got hurt but their so-so play became no-no play.
NFL to CFB - OL who can block are just like looking for pigs that fly.
There are already new OL players on the way though.
Maybe Primes coaching is "hot garbage"? Such a big man blaming his players for their losses.

Maybe Primes coaching is "hot garbage"? Such a big man blaming his players for their losses.
well it is twofold no? players aren't good enough/make too many mistakes and coaching isn't what it should be

This isn't 20yrs ago, the expectations and treating these 'kids' less than professionalesque are long gone.

This won't sit too well on the recruiting trail. He can get away with this stuff at Jackson St. but not at a P5 program.
He's put himself under a microscope with his self promotion.
I'm willing to bet he continues to get stud players because I think you are wrong here. In addition, he can spin

This won't sit too well on the recruiting trail. He can get away with this stuff at Jackson St. but not at a P5 program.
He's put himself under a microscope with his self promotion.
I don't think him giving coaches demotions (probably to his best/most respected assistant) is going to attract very many great assistants either.

Reactions: colbert17
well it is twofold no? players aren't good enough/make too many mistakes and coaching isn't what it should be

This isn't 20yrs ago, the expectations and treating these 'kids' less than professionalesque are long gone.
Idk our OLine is a rag tag of 3/2 stars and walk ons and we're looking pretty good.

Coach Hype chased out the majority the roster, many of whom would probably helped him on the OLine. Maybe he shouldn't have done that 🤷

I'm willing to bet he continues to get stud players because I think you are wrong here. In addition, he can spin
Let's say the big money comes in next year and most likely will- is Prime smart enough to use a good chunk of it on the big uglies or going to just keep his sons and "skill" players happy.
The team isn't going to get better without an OL.
And what happens to the program when his sons are gone and he follows? Can't see the NIL money continuing without Prime or some big Bowl appearances.

Let's say the big money comes in next year and most likely will- is Prime smart enough to use a good chunk of it on the big uglies or going to just keep his sons and "skill" players happy.
The team isn't going to get better without an OL.
And what happens to the program when his sons are gone and he follows? Can't see the NIL money continuing without Prime or some big Bowl appearances.
I think he leaves when his sons are gone. no way does he stay in Colorado long imho

Colorado QB Shedeur Sanders' Rolls-Royce reportedly booted by campus police​

Things keep getting worse for Shedeur Sanders and the Colorado Buffaloes.

On the heels of losing their fifth game in six contests last week against No. 12 Oregon State, Colorado's starting quarterback now has a boot on his Rolls-Royce after previously getting ticketed by campus police with a wheel clamp.

The tow truck could be a metaphor for the rest of the Buffaloes' season.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/c...olls-royce-reportedly-booted-by-campus-police

Colorado QB Shedeur Sanders' Rolls-Royce reportedly booted by campus police​

Things keep getting worse for Shedeur Sanders and the Colorado Buffaloes.

On the heels of losing their fifth game in six contests last week against No. 12 Oregon State, Colorado's starting quarterback now has a boot on his Rolls-Royce after previously getting ticketed by campus police with a wheel clamp.

The tow truck could be a metaphor for the rest of the Buffaloes' season.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/c...olls-royce-reportedly-booted-by-campus-police
The irony and the symbolism is just

carl-chef-kiss.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
Dion has stain. Still going to get recruits.

But - if I was a high school player, I would think twice. The coach has not only demonstrated a willingness to speak negatively of players in public but also boot players.

Not a good recipe for player development if you aren’t walking in ready to play already.
Deion might not be the type of HC that can help make NFL careers out of all the talented players he gets to come , but his practice sessions might develop them into UFC material.
Seems like he enjoys them beating up on each other in practice more than trying to teach them the right way to play the game 😁

KNeYe6z.jpg
Greg likes Prime? They are complete opposites in so many ways. I don’t think those two guys would last for more than five minutes in a room together. I bet that he can’t stand Prime and everything that he stands for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT