ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Shine Is Off Coach Prime

Was watching the game through most of the 3rd quarter last night. WSU was up 56-7 and could easily have had more points. Colorado looked like crap.

Was watching the game through most of the 3rd quarter last night. WSU was up 56-7 and could easily have had more points. Colorado looked like crap.

Didn't make that far, but Shadeur was walking wounded by the middle of the 2nd.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Interesting to see that this charismatic personality who should be a great recruiter only has nine commits so far and is ranked #69 in the country.

Other coaches are telling recruits that Prime will be leaving. Its been a popular notion among the gossiping classes

"The No. 1 thing is I don't talk about any other coaches or teams or staffs. I don't believe in that. I am not going to put you down so I can stand up. I've never been that type of player or person in my life.

"But all these other schools are telling these young men and their families I am not going to be here. I come at it in two different ways. … They think that we're going to be so successful that I am going to leave. So they understand what we possess and the potential we possess."

If you can excel at certain things, you don’t need to have some common understandings. He’s definitely not my style, but he can be entertaining:

• Haha
Reactions: Joey Bags
OOF. From The Athletic morning read:

Early signing period approaching​

Colorado is 0-for-2 in the recruiting department the past few days. The Buffs lost four-star 2025 QB Antwann Hill Jr. on Sunday, and on Monday, 2024 three-star QB Danny O’Neil decommitted. The Buffs’ 3-0 start and lofty recruiting goals seem like a lifetime ago.

Deion Sanders is now without a committed quarterback in his 2024 class as the dominoes just keep falling in Boulder. The Buffs’ 2024 class ranks 65th in the 247Sports Team Composite, two spots ahead of in-state foe Colorado State and 13th out of 16 (for 2024) Big 12 teams. These poor recruiting results could be a major problem for Sanders’ Colorado rebuild

Colorado is 0-for-2 in the recruiting department the past few days. The Buffs lost four-star 2025 QB Antwann Hill Jr. on Sunday, and on Monday, 2024 three-star QB Danny O’Neil decommitted. The Buffs’ 3-0 start and lofty recruiting goals seem like a lifetime ago.

Deion Sanders is now without a committed quarterback in his 2024 class as the dominoes just keep falling in Boulder. The Buffs’ 2024 class ranks 65th in the 247Sports Team Composite, two spots ahead of in-state foe Colorado State and 13th out of 16 (for 2024) Big 12 teams. These poor recruiting results could be a major problem for Sanders’ Colorado rebuild
But out of state applications are up 40%!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift

I saw that yesterday. What, no NIL? lol. This is what I've said. The players that had those big NIL deals had those deals since JSU and it wasn't like tons of money was flowing at Colorado like people here were thinking. I don't think most got those kind of deals and if anything they might get something from the attention of the program (although attention will fade if they don't win) rather than big money coming from boosters. Deion's name and notoriety might attract some high profile players but I don't expect a loaded roster of them.

I read Wasserman's article too. There was more good stuff in it. Question for you- did your re-up your original subscription? It's pricey for a cheapskate like me. I guess I can't gift a subscription to myself, can I? 🤣
I'm never one to say anything about trying to save money and look for deals, whatever the amount of savings. I grew up from humble beginnings and all that hasn't completely left me lol. You can always let the subscription lapse and resubscribe when they put out those $1/month for a year deals. They just had one for Black Friday and they have them multiple times a year. Or you can do the cancel and they make you an offer thing. That might be like $2 or 3$/month for the year. I'll usually do something like that. I just read it for CFB (it's probably good for other sports too though) so if it's at a price that's worth it to me I re-up but if not I just do without and wait for a deal to come along.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I'm never one to say anything about trying to save money and look for deals, whatever the amount of savings. I grew up from humble beginnings and all that hasn't completely left me lol. You can always let the subscription lapse and resubscribe when they put out those $1/month for a year deals. They just had one for Black Friday and they have them multiple times a year. Or you can do the cancel and they make you an offer thing. That might be like $2 or 3$/month for the year. I'll usually do something like that. I just read it for CFB (it's probably good for other sports too though) so if it's at a price that's worth it to me I re-up but if not I just do without and wait for a deal to come along.
I think we are brothers from other mothers. Grew up wearing cloths from the thrift shop. I still shop for pants that are under $25 on Amazon on clearance, because in my mind I can't "afford" better. Switched to Dickies brand for this reason. 🤣
I just had the conversation with my better half how I might gift her a 2 year subscription, and would we be OK with $1.50 per month for two years. After much hemming and hawing, we checked the spreadsheet, and we will go with it.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Wonder how much of this attention would have happened if TCU was looked at as a .500 team at the beginning of the season rather than a playoff caliber team.

Reactions: colbert17
Remember when Prime called out a reporter for "not being a believer" and how he "kept all the receipts"? Does anyone get to dish it back to him now or is that not allowed?

It's a paywall article but you can see the comments and quotes in the tweets. Interviewed 6 PAC coaches anonymously on their thoughts. Nothing we don't know having watched them, line play was terrible and he did okay with the skill positions. Shadeur holds the ball too long, something I've mentioned. Treatment of Sean Lewis (who is the HC at SDSU now) might pose a problem in attracting coaches.

It's too bad, I went from neutral to kind of rooting for them because I like to see the underdog schools do well. Flash will only get you so far if the substance isn't behind it. Business wise it was likely a big boon for the school but will wear off if the performance doesn't improve.

Brewster jumped ship on Sanders and went to Charlotte
He was demoted from TE Coach to analyst during the season , so leaving shouldn't be a surprise.
His HCing experience I thought would help Sanders , but the way season ended
a help wanted sign needs to be put out by the Buffs

WSU was reeling coming into that game as they too had been on a losing streak after starting out the season well.

It was Colorado’s last chance at a win. All you can say is the season overall was a step in the positive direction compared to the past and they’ve been a little more competitive. The way it’s ended leaves a totally bitter taste and the losing streak is terrible.
Season 2 of Coach Prime is coming to Amazon. It will be interesting to see what gets edited out.

Remember when Prime called out a reporter for "not being a believer" and how he "kept all the receipts"? Does anyone get to dish it back to him now or is that not allowed?
I'm sure that reporter kept his receipts. 3 early wins doesn't make a season.

Prime was like the sportsperson of 3 weeks in September.
personality made the award fit, coaching ability played no part except for the fools gold surrounding him that his first 3 games made look real

So pathetic - we have a "fan" still loving Prime- OH wow- he went from 1 win to 4 OMG so good! and yet, he blasts everything Schiano does
In the years prior to Prime-
2020- 4-1 reg season
21/22 - Beat Arizona, OST, Wash/Cal

Look at where we were before GS 2.0
We beat Texas St, Umass and Liberty

Reactions: yesrutgers01
When was the last time a 4-8 record got you Sportsperson of the Year? Deion should send a sizeable check to TCU for being so overrated that they gave him a sizeable boost.

Should Schiano received it for 2020?

"Influencers" will be the downfall of this nation.
I don't think coaching ability was part of the qualifications, Deion's PR ability before the season and the excitement the program hadin the beginning of season made Colorado stand out the while season even if the team didn't prove to be a winner.
Excuses were made because of the media coverage that surrounded Sanders the whole season.
A Sportsperson of year award looks like it's a who made the most excitement this year award

I don't think coaching ability was part of the qualifications, Deion's PR ability before the season and the excitement the program hadin the beginning of season made Colorado stand out the while season even if the team didn't prove to be a winner.
Excuses were made because of the media coverage that surrounded Sanders the whole season.
A Sportsperson of year award looks like it's a who made the most excitement this year award

Coaching ability is not part of the qualifications? So for a player, it's not his/her stats but how many clicks they get? If this was awarded by "Marketing World" I could see it. Of course what does it say about SI?

Coaching ability is not part of the qualifications? So for a player, it's not his/her stats but how many clicks they get? If this was awarded by "Marketing World" I could see it. Of course what does it say about SI?
SI taking something out of the ESPN playbook by highlighting a controversial figure. Clicks will go through the roof. Nobody really thinks he's sportsperson of the year. Maybe most polarizing.

Definitely a place they need help. Also they hired a new OL coach that was an analyst at OU. He was a player in the NFL as well but I’m not sure he’s been a coach before.

A 5-star OL just signed with Colorado.

He had offers from Oregon, Alabama and Tennessee as well as several other top programs.

I believe he is ranked 15th best recruit in the country

He had offers from Oregon, Alabama and Tennessee as well as several other top programs.

Great get, but he needs a lot more. Only 10 commits at the moment. Love to compare the NIL he's getting from Colorado vs. Ohio St. and Alabama.

One down 4 to go for a minimally functional OL. Unless he fired the OL coach too.

He had a Rutgers offer early and took a visit in July of 21.
He seemed to like Tenn. a lot for a long time.
I dont like to follow recruiting until the papers are signed - "verbal" changes a lot.
Sanders says he only expects a rookie class of 7 -10 guys and then portal players.

"Rutgers University"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT