ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Shine Is Off Coach Prime

Turned the game off at halftime to watch some of the Gaza coverage and missed them comeback.

That’s a horrendous loss by prime at home. I’m all in on Prime but he needs to know he’s not the only one keeping receipts.

Reactions: MADHAT1
He can coach - his kids are among his best players.
I think some of the assistants need polish
Two penalties for too many players in red zone is glaring
If Schiano had taken over the team it would still be winless and the stands still empty
maybe or maybe not be worse under Schiano.
Greg would just have the D better than the O and be a more disciplined team with Greg in charge
Might not have bown the lead against Stanford if Schiano was coaching the Buffs
Colorado is showing its warts and might not be just the assistants fault.
Sanders might not be as good as an x-o coach as people claim.
But I don't doubt his recruiting ability.

How the Buffs look next year will show if Sanders is the prime (hc) people think he is or a not ready for prime time HC because he can recruit leaves a little to be desired when coaching chops are needed at the P-5 level
I personally think Sanders will build a winner at Colorado, just not as fast as his supporters think he will
But also feel if it takes a few years and he's receiving flack for it, Sanders might just pack his bags in a huff and find an excuse for leaving.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
A lot of big oil money on Colorado. He has an NIL war chest, otherwise he wouldn't have taken the job. He'll reload next year and get better and better. Hopefully we'll find a few big donors. They're out there.

Reactions: Jimpeg
maybe or maybe not be worse under Schiano.
Greg would just have the D better than the O and be a more disciplined team with Greg in charge
Might not have bown the lead against Stanford if Schiano was coaching the Buffs
Colorado is showing its warts and might not be just the assistants fault.
Sanders might not be as good as an x-o coach as people claim.
But I don't doubt his recruiting ability.

How the Buffs look next year will show if Sanders is the prime (hc) people think he is or a not ready for prime time HC because he can recruit leaves a little to be desired when coaching chops are needed at the P-5 level
I personally think Sanders will build a winner at Colorado, just not as fast as his supporters think he will
But also feel if it takes a few years and he's receiving flack for it, Sanders might just pack his bags in a huff and find an excuse for leaving.

Took GS his first two years to get three wins - took five years to get above .500
In 5 years Buffs might have a NC.
I'm not sure many fans realize what a game changer the portal is.
I don't see GS using it to its max but Sanders will squeeze it like a ripe orange.
Colorado will be Florida North

I'm not sure he'll leave too quick.
He likes college and he owns Colorado
He thinks NFL is spolied slackers not to be bothered with
But hey pay him like Mahomes and who knows.

Shedeur is on track to get 9m in NIL.
Colorado NIL pay is double other places
Colorado doesnt even have to win every game.

"How do you win? By getting average players to play good and good players to play great. That's how you win."
Bum Philips

"I Love The Process"

Took GS his first two years to get three wins - took five years to get above .500
In 5 years Buffs might have a NC.
I'm not sure many fans realize what a game changer the portal is.
I don't see GS using it to its max but Sanders will squeeze it like a ripe orange.
Colorado will be Florida North

I'm not sure he'll leave too quick.
He likes college and he owns Colorado
He thinks NFL is spoiled slackers not to be bothered with
But hey pay him like Mahomes and who knows.

Shedeur is on track to get 9m in NIL.
Colorado NIL pay is double other places
Colorado doesnt even have to win every game.

"How do you win? By getting average players to play good and good players to play great. That's how you win."
Bum Philips

"I Love The Process"
Sanders loves Sanders and if he doesn't get everything he wants, don't be so sure Colorado will keep him
Back room deals probably brought him there when Colorado didn't have the money to pay, but knew a way around that problem.
NIL deals help him recruiting talent, but if his coaching doesn't bring in wins the NIL deals will dry up and talent won't be acquired so easily.
Sanders is great at promoting himself and is able to make the Buffs part of his self promoting.
His son has talent and so does Hunter, Deion used both to make Colorado look bettr than it really is now and that's starting to show

As for your Greg-Deion comparison, one builds slowly like a turtle and people seem to expect failure from because they love someone else,.
The other (Deion) is like a rabbit in the hat that magically knows how to get quick results AND makes people overlook the flaws that appear on the feild when his team plays .
His outgoing confident personality have some call him a success story before the first chapter is finished and try to make others in the same job look like a failure compared to Sanders.

I have stated before I believe Sanders can make Colorado a winner, but not so sure if Sanders will be a great as some eel he is now.
I also wonder if Deion is the type that can handle criticism if his Buffs start being put down by the media and if he would stay there if the complaints become more frequent than the praise.
Being self-centered and egotistical is a trait many HCs have, but to be great a thick skin is needed as well, I don't know if Deion is the type that can handle complaints about his coaching when times start looking a little tough and he's called out about the problems the program is having.

Time will tell because this season is Deion's honeymoon period.
Next year is when he starts being held accountable for how his program looks.
That wouldn't be fair to do this year because he took over a terrible program in need of rebuilding.

Colorado might win 1 more game against Arizona. Might.
Arizona beat the #19 ranked team (WSU) yesterday, so beating them might not be an easy task.
USC looked bad yesterday so Arizona's 41 points in a 43-41 loss to the Trojans can't be looked on as a sign of a good program.
But they did beat Stanford by 1 in regulation a few weeks ago
Colorado might be in a downward spiral and losing to Arizona not the surprise it would have been a few weeks ago , when everything was coming up rosy for Deion

Reactions: GillesDeleuze
no you come on

the entire fbs is watching, tuning in, caring about what happens to CU. Recruits are lining up to go there, he's got so much press that it's undeniable

that doesn't include the on field product

he's winning, it's not even close and to suggest otherwise is folly
Can’t wait to hear the morning guys in Denver the Fan 104.3 Monday morning. One good thing has happened already, tix prices have dropped from ridiculous to ok.

Sanders loves Sanders and if he doesn't get everything he wants, don't be so sure Colorado will keep him
Back room deals probably brought him there when Colorado didn't have the money to pay, but knew a way around that problem.

Sanders wanted to take his Jackson St coaches with him wherever he went.
None were being paid well at JS - a reason they had to leave (bad financials at HBCUs - including trainers)
When he was offered by Colorado, the staff went to dinner with Sanders and the others all like Colorado idea.
Sanders called Colorado AD while at the restaurant and told him they would all go.
Sanders told the AD that he had a lot of offers but the Colorado AD was the only one Sanders could tell that loved his college.

Sanders loves money but he has other motives.
Not many places will let coach wear a 5 lb crucifix but the AD likes it

WEPXg5k.jpg

no you come on

the entire fbs is watching, tuning in, caring about what happens to CU. Recruits are lining up to go there, he's got so much press that it's undeniable

That worm can turn.

When he is sooo public.. and he does good things.. his rep soars... but that giant spotlight.. it can reveal some harsh flaws as well. And when/if it does.. everyone sees it.. including recruits and transfer targets... donors, sponsors. He is in the center ring.. on a tightrope.. no net. He has earned that spotlight.. what happens now is up to him/them.

His and his sons' speaking of "disrespect" over the Nebraska game did not sit well with me. Let's see if that reveals big flaws or not. I do find it hard to relate to chirping. I have no idea how meaningful it is. Seeing kids these days yap at each other playing sports.. I cannot help but think how that was an invitation to an ass-kicking in the old days.. a time when very few people bragged on themselves or ragged on others.

Last edited:
That worm can turn.

When he is sooo public.. and he does good things.. his rep soars... but that giant spotlight.. it can reveal some harsh flaws as well. And when/if it does.. everyone sees it.. including recruits and transfer targets... donors, sponsors. He is in the center ring.. on a tightrope.. no net. He has earned that spotlight.. what happens now is up to him/them.

His and his sons' speaking of "disrespect" over the Nebraska game did not sit well with me. Let's see if that reveals big flaws or not. I do find it hard to relate to chirping. I have no idea how meaningful it is. Seeing kids these days yap at each other playing sports.. I cannot help but think how that was an invitation to an ass-kicking in the old days.. a time when very few people bragged on themselves or ragged on others.
Or the time his son Shiloh threatened violence on Oregon's coach and players.

"I'll beat the f--- out of every one of y'all and your coach"

And then gets destroyed and pees blood after the game.

Did Deion address this? His kid could have had criminal charges against him for this. It was on video.

How can the shine be off after 6 8 games?
Good thing we didn't grade HC Schiano off his 1st 7 games.

Besides, Year 1 doesn't actually count - wasn't that the going argument all off season?

Reactions: ashokan
How can the shine be off after 6 8 games?
Good thing we didn't grade HC Schiano off his 1st 7 games.

Besides, Year 1 doesn't actually count - wasn't that the going argument all off season?
Are you serious?
Did you miss the constant and over the top fawning by the media and fans on this board all summer and early this season? The over the top fawning when they beat 3 nobodies (OK, TCU was a somebody, but not the impressive victory everyone billed it to be early in the season).

Schiano and Sanders? Apples and oranges! Nobody expected Greg to come to Rutgers and rebuild it in year 1. Most people figured it would be a 3 to 4 year rebuild. Find me a poster on this site who said Greg would win big in year 1 or 2. Doubt you will find them.

Sanders? He cleaned house on his roster, and people were predicting big things right away. So for Sanders, it does count, because a lot of people were saying he was going to win big right away. Now that he has faced some real competition, it seems many of the cheerleaders have put down their pom poms.

None of this is to throw any shade at Coach Sanders. I like a lot about him. I don't care if he wins or loses, but I like enough about him, that I would like to see him win at the P5 level. What I don't like is the number of asshat fans we have using Sanders to put down Schiano and Rutgers. I will say this a million more times- there is only one Deion Sanders. Can't think of another available coach with Sanders' resume, personality and a 5 star QB kid that is available to come coach at a P5 team.

Anybody who thought they were anything but a 6-7 win team doesn’t understand or watch football
Exactly. 64 scholarship players. Cannot win wothoit depth. That being g said the jury is still out on prime. You cannot udge him over 7 games. Let's see where he and the program are after year 3.

Exactly. 64 scholarship players. Cannot win wothoit depth. That being g said the jury is still out on prime. You cannot udge him over 7 games. Let's see where he and the program are after year 3.
Isn't it his fault that he has 64 schollie players?

no you come on

he will be lucky to win one more this year...And guess what- the whole world and recruits will be watching his disaster.

maybe they will also notice- after a loss, his players are cannon fodder for the press.

Reactions: TRU2RU
I don’t think he even stays three years. He will “retire” once his sons go to NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT