ADVERTISEMENT

OT: "Trendy" restaurants in Middlesex county

ScarletStateofNJ

All Conference
Jul 6, 2011
So I'm "asking for a friend" for a trendy first date restaurant to take a smoking hot mid-30's milf. I don't think I can take her to my early 20's haunts in New Brunswick (I'm RC class of '11). I'm looking for something more sophisticated. Not stodgy but far from casual. Looking for a 10-15 mile radius from NB.

And yes I know the requirements but I will only post her pic if the date bombs. Date is midweek.

What's considered early 20's haunts? The options are endless. I think downtown New Brunswick has some awesome restaurants. Many of which I have heard great things about, but still have yet to try myself. There's always the classics just to throw out there (Old Man Rafferty's, Harvest Moon, Old Bay). There are a couple of others that I really like, but you need to do some digging. There's probably some really nice ones by State Theatre that I've never been to. Also, Highland Park has some nice restaurants as well.

Reactions: Saint Puppy
Agree - you can't lose with downtown New Brunswick - tons of choices there.

Downtown NB trendy spots are INC, the Dillinger Room, and Esquina.

Although good, the other spots are not trendy.

Reactions: RC84
There's a place called Just in Old Bridge in the weirdest location ever but it gets rave reviews from everyone. NY Times even reviewed it.

There's a place called Just in Old Bridge in the weirdest location ever but it gets rave reviews from everyone. NY Times even reviewed it.

The wife and I have been to Just several times. It's replaced the Metropolitan Cafe as our "local go-to".

So I'm "asking for a friend" for a trendy first date restaurant to take a smoking hot mid-30's milf. I don't think I can take her to my early 20's haunts in New Brunswick (I'm RC class of '11). I'm looking for something more sophisticated. Not stodgy but far from casual. Looking for a 10-15 mile radius from NB.

And yes I know the requirements but I will only post her pic if the date bombs. Date is midweek.
Depends where the MILF is from. "Trendy" for a Staten Island Milf is very different than "trendy" for a Chatham MILF.

Here is a few places you can go that are fun...when i take someone out who is younger in the mid 30s to 40 but these may be more second date places than first place dates for you

-salt creek grill in princeton on route 1 (good bar for a cocktail before then having dinner...good but not great food)?
-Catherine lomardi is a good choice in New Brunswick
-Despana for tapas in princeton in nassau street (plus can walk elsewhere for a drink afterward if it is going well)
-if it is about the food, then blue point grill in princeton for seafood (which is byob so don't screw up and not bring wine) or Witherspoon grill is solid

Princeton (aside from being in Mercer County) is dead to me since Lahiere's closed.

I thought if you used the term milf, the woman had to be old enough to be your mom. No one considers teenage mothers to be milfs.

Incorrect. Just has to be a mother and someone you'd like to do a "meet and greet" with.

Very simply M.I.L.F stands for Mother I'd Like to F***!

Sure, that's what the acronym stands for. But the meaning is more of a "Mrs Robinson" scenario in which the woman is significantly older than the guy using the term. Like I said before, no one calls teenage mothers, milfs. Likewise, no one refers to his own wife as a milf.

The term milf means something different than "attractive woman with a child".

Sure, that's what the acronym stands for. But the meaning is more of a "Mrs Robinson" scenario in which the woman is significantly older than the guy using the term. Like I said before, no one calls teenage mothers, milfs. Likewise, no one refers to his own wife as a milf.

I think you'll get much disagreement.

I think you're overthinking it - just needs to be a mother who you want to do the deed with - age does not apply.

If theres one thing that Middlesex County has got a lot of, it's "common" parts.

I agree with this. I'm in my mid 30s and my kid's school events are full of attractive women with kids, but I wouldn't describe the entire group as milfs. To go one step further, to me milf is usually used when said mother's child is one's peer. Like if your buddy's mom is fit with a decent rack, she's a milf. But if if his 29 yr old sister just gave birth to her second child, not so much.

With that said, 100 Steps in Cranford is a raw bar and supper club. Very trendy. And oysters are a known aphrodisiac. You're welcome.

Serafin Sarduy brings fun to New Brunswick with the fusion of Cuban and Latin cuisines. Esquina Latina offers a chic restaurant and lounge atmosphere known for their tapas and authentic sangrias. Don't forget your family and friends as Esquina Latina is perfect for all occasions.

http://www.esquinalatinarestaurant.com/

Great food & trendy.. (giving away my secrets here):

Due Mare - New Brunswick
Enoterra - Kingston (near Princeton).. My top choice.. Trust me on this one
Agricola - Princeton
Mediterra - Princeton

Apparently all the places in this category need to end in a vowel..

A lot of people confusing Milf and Cougar in this thread.

I agree. Maybe the OP meant to say he's going out on a date with a Cougar. Pics would help.

Either way hopefully you get your freak on. For a second date, take her away for a long weekend to Hedonism.

When you're in your mid-twenties posting stuff like this on a message board at 1:30am on a Saturday night, she's already out of your league.

Take her to the Frog & the Peach. Probably the only shot you've got.

Reactions: cliffbuck
The wife and I have been to Just several times. It's replaced the Metropolitan Cafe as our "local go-to".

Several of my friends growing up worked at the adjoining Emporium store, and I know the managers and co-owner who spent years building Just. Who would have thunk that a mostly Russian food store, gas station, and trendy international cuisine restaurant could successfully co-exist like that? (Not to rain on Metro's parade; also great)

Like others have alluded to:

(1) Pics or it never happened. Not only if the date bombs. You can blur out her naughty bits if you want.

(2) Maybe you mean "phoning a friend"? Because "asking for a friend" implies that you're not asking for yourself. Kind of like going to the psychiatrist and then asking, for a friend, about said friend's homicidal urges. Or said friend's inability to get it on w/women anymore (which might be tied to aforementioned homicidal urges).

(3) Is said strumpet actually a mother? If not, I think you mean a cougar, given that she's older than you. Doesn't Rutgers teach this stuff?

(4) Save some money on dinner and just go to Stuff yer Face. Then spend what you saved at dinner on hookers and blow. If the milf/cougar/strumpet is any kind of fun at all; she'll have a great time. Otherwise, dump her smoking hot ass at the bus station. More blow for you and the hookers.

(5) Don't you know any nice girls your own age?

Great food & trendy.. (giving away my secrets here):

Due Mare - New Brunswick
Enoterra - Kingston (near Princeton).. My top choice.. Trust me on this one
Agricola - Princeton
Mediterra - Princeton

Apparently all the places in this category need to end in a vowel..

Slightly OT - Have you been to Marea in Manhattan? Owned by Michael White who also owns Due Mari. One of the best restaurants I've ever been too.

Slightly OT - Have you been to Marea in Manhattan? Owned by Michael White who also owns Due Mari. One of the best restaurants I've ever been too.

Interesting.. No, I haven't been but I'll check it out.

Scarpetta is my favorite Italian in nyc, but imo Due Mare is just as good.. World class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT