ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wedding Band recommendations

Go Hybrid.

DJ Alive with Chris D’Amico

He switches between singing, piano player, sax and DJ.
You get the live performance but then the dance songs that sound better from original artist as such.

It’s done seemlessly.

• Love
Reactions: NickRU714
Go Hybrid.

DJ Alive with Chris D’Amico

He switches between singing, piano player, sax and DJ.
You get the live performance but then the dance songs that sound better from original artist as such.

It’s done seemlessly.

100% endorse Chris.
He did our wedding in 2015 and then my counsins wedding in 2021.
Phenomenal.

As said, regular DJ. Then breaks out singing when least expected.
He'll sing more/less as you like.

Can't endorse enough.

Reactions: Knight Shift
So I pulled the trigger and taking the plunge with the Mrs. this December down in Point Pleasant at the Lobster Shanty. Looking into getting a band or a DJ for the reception. Wanted to ask if anybody has any recommendations, especially for the band. Can only tell so much from wesbites, hard to really know unless you have heard them in person!

Also if anybody has advice on bus transportation, or a photographer.... much appreciated!
Shore Luxury Limo Manasquan has multiple Trolleys . I know the owner great business man Tom Mirabella

What’s the budget?

Bands can anywhere from $2-3k to 45k.

Brian Kirk and Jirks is in the 20-25k range. Played a neighbors beach wedding last year. He was so wasted he only sang one song.
Thats surprising. He played my wedding (granted it was years ago), but he was awesome. People still talk about it. He has always been very professional.

Thats surprising. He played my wedding (granted it was years ago), but he was awesome. People still talk about it. He has always been very professional.
Yea something has been off with him for the past couple of years. Hope he gets it figured out.

100% endorse Chris.
He did our wedding in 2015 and then my counsins wedding in 2021.
Phenomenal.

As said, regular DJ. Then breaks out singing when least expected.
He'll sing more/less as you like.

Can't endorse enough.
Ha…we used Chris in 2015 as well.

Had a lot of people say how awesome he was and got a few requests for his contact as recently as this year.

we had a trolley bring guests to the reception from the hotel.

I forgot the exact reason why but we knew trolley wouldn’t get everyone back to hotel. Ditched cars? I forget.

Anyway rather than add a second trolley for another 2k we got a YELLOW SCHOOL BUS to get extra guests back. Was only a few hundred bucks.

Everyone got a kick out of it.

Had the bus rocking with a game of “big booty” on the way back to the hotel.

That’s what they get. My niece had them
I can't believe anyone would pay $20k for a wedding band. Lol

My entire wedding was under $6k and we got married at the top of an italian castle in 2008. (That doesn't include the 2 week trip to Italy or Venician honeymoon).

I can't believe anyone would pay $20k for a wedding band. Lol

My entire wedding was under $6k and we got married at the top of an italian castle in 2008. (That doesn't include the 2 week trip to Italy or Venician honeymoon).
You probably only had 20-30 people. My Indian friends weddings are crazy. Each one at least $250K (all in) over the 3 days.

Reactions: knightfan7
But how much did they pay for the band?
Good question. I seem to recall most had a band and DJ. Love those weddings since it's usually 2-3 hours of family & friends with dances, skits and making fun of the bride/groom. Back in 1992, my band was definitely $5K or less.

Wedding DJs suck. The point of their existence seems to be making themselves the center of attention. And they never play a whole song.

Live bands are much, much better.

Reactions: knightfan7
I can’t verify this, but I’ve heard Brian Kirk has become a hell of a jerk. Keeps almost all the money for himself and pays a pittance to the band members.
Didn't know that. I just saw them down the shore somewhere maybe 6,7 years ago and thought they were good.

So I pulled the trigger and taking the plunge with the Mrs. this December down in Point Pleasant at the Lobster Shanty. Looking into getting a band or a DJ for the reception. Wanted to ask if anybody has any recommendations, especially for the band. Can only tell so much from wesbites, hard to really know unless you have heard them in person!

Also if anybody has advice on bus transportation, or a photographer.... much appreciated!
Try princetonmusic.com

Good question. I seem to recall most had a band and DJ. Love those weddings since it's usually 2-3 hours of family & friends with dances, skits and making fun of the bride/groom. Back in 1992, my band was definitely $5K or less.
A wedding in Ireland is like that too. Loooooong (naps are allowed but you’re expected back). But fun. Very fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT