ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wedding Band recommendations

BrianLeonard23

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
So I pulled the trigger and taking the plunge with the Mrs. this December down in Point Pleasant at the Lobster Shanty. Looking into getting a band or a DJ for the reception. Wanted to ask if anybody has any recommendations, especially for the band. Can only tell so much from wesbites, hard to really know unless you have heard them in person!

Also if anybody has advice on bus transportation, or a photographer.... much appreciated!

Been to several weddings and functions with a band Hoi Polloi. They have been around awhile, and every time I have seen them they have been great. Have been to a function like that lately so not sure of their status.

So I pulled the trigger and taking the plunge with the Mrs. this December down in Point Pleasant at the Lobster Shanty. Looking into getting a band or a DJ for the reception. Wanted to ask if anybody has any recommendations, especially for the band. Can only tell so much from wesbites, hard to really know unless you have heard them in person!

Also if anybody has advice on bus transportation, or a photographer.... much appreciated!
Band - Brian Kirk and the Jirks
Transportation - Shooboo Shuttle

Reactions: MikeRU09
What’s the budget?

Bands can anywhere from $2-3k to 45k.

Brian Kirk and Jirks is in the 20-25k range. Played a neighbors beach wedding last year. He was so wasted he only sang one song.

• Wow
Reactions: newell138
Brothers band
Does weddings too

Did NLCS and eagles playoff and NFC championship game at xfinity live. Also did opening day for Phillies.

Reactions: newell138
I can’t verify this, but I’ve heard Brian Kirk has become a hell of a jerk. Keeps almost all the money for himself and pays a pittance to the band members.

Reactions: RUaMoose

Played my daughter’s wedding a few years ago. Had the crowd up the whole time. And they were super accommodating to my daughter and her husband.

Niece had Brian Kirk and the Jirks this year. My family agrees that Blue Label was better.

I thought you were married while you were playing with the Bengals?

I was at Bar Anticipation in Lake Como on Sunday afternoon on July 30. There was a yacht rock band called Suit & Mi Tai and they were really good. I was told they do weddings, etc. Their renditions of stuff from the 1970s were really well done. I usually am happy when bands play reasonably well. But these guys were outstanding.

Don't know if you are looking for "other" types of music.

BTW, Congratulations!

Last edited:
the hangover GIF

What’s the budget?

Bands can anywhere from $2-3k to 45k.

Brian Kirk and Jirks is in the 20-25k range. Played a neighbor's beach wedding last year. He was so wasted he only sang one song.

I can’t verify this, but I’ve heard Brian Kirk has become a hell of a jerk. Keeps almost all the money for himself and pays a pittance to the band members.
Third time I am hearing stuff like this...the amount he charges and how he acts.

All very recent too. Interesting.

I have a hard time believing Kirk gets that much, he's got a very good cover band, but com'on....

I cannot remember who we had play our wedding (it was too long ago) but it definitely wasn't $45k. Really enjoyed ourselves.

I have a hard time believing Kirk gets that much, he's got a very good cover band, but com'on....
Covid blew prices out of the water. He was getting in the $15-18 range prior. Post he gets 20-25 depending on what day of the week.

If this is representative of his performances and personality no way I would want them at my event regardless of price. Brian Kirk
I was embarrassed for him that night. But I never saw the attraction. Had my ears abused for years when he played Donovan’s

Last edited:
Some of my favorite local bands are Motor City Revue, The Sensational Soul Cruisers, and when Lisa Sherman does her Disco Connection show. Motor City Review and the Soul Cruisers have a Motown sound. (Soul Cruisers are playing in Springwood Park in AP on Tuesday). Lisa Sherman gets everyone up and dancing when she does her shows at the Wonder Bar.

Local Band. Kevin is also a jazz guitarist.

I know a kick-ass barbershop quartet.

Although one of the guys has laryngitis

…. And the other three are dead.

• Haha
Reactions: Jm0513
We had a great band at our wedding. Reverend Soul & the Saviors. My wife and I used to go see them at bars all the time as well. People that attended my wedding still bring up how good they were. Plus guests from the other wedding at the location kept coming in to the ballroom to hear them as well. They must be 60-70's now. Did a Google and doesn't seem like the exist anymore.

I think my wife and I crashed at least 10-15 weddings to listen to bands. We still have funny stories about a few of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT