ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you all drinking tonight

xL7ohe4_d.jpg

GSmVlKj_d.jpg

Thought it would be fun to post pics of your drinking spots. This is my outside back porch/bar and the current lineup I have in the back of my wet bar.
Looks cozy..just like the sign says!

Reactions: Jersey Boys
@Ronnie_B didnt you mention that u had Heady Topper? How was it did it live up to the hype? I haven’t found it yet in Jersey but saw some places are charged $39.99 for it that’s ridiculous

@Ronnie_B didnt you mention that u had Heady Topper? How was it did it live up to the hype? I haven’t found it yet in Jersey but saw some places are charged $39.99 for it that’s ridiculous
It was excellent but it's very hoppy and I run on the other side of the IPA spectrum, personally I always put Sip of Sunshine ahead of Heady.

Where you live?

Reactions: Postman_1
How is it?

Not bad. You can definitely pick up the orange juice taste. They are 8%ers so the name Crushin It is a little subjective.

It was excellent but it's very hoppy and I run on the other side of the IPA spectrum, personally I always put Sip of Sunshine ahead of Heady.

Where you live?

Hamilton, I never had Sip of Sunshine but have had other stuff from Lawsons

Hamilton, I never had Sip of Sunshine but have had other stuff from Lawsons
Looks like Classic Wine and Liquor in Wrightstown carries Sip of Sunshine, Libby's Liquors too in Lawrence. Go get it but call them first to make sure they have it.

It's excellent.

I've had it before but this is first time again in years. Really good but honestly a lot of beers have past it by if that makes sense.

Having Icarus Ella Ella wifey is having Carton Monkey Chased the Weasel a sour. Both good Jersey beers. Beautiful Sunday in NJ

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Haha it's not for everyone. I like other types also but they're just not as flavorful.
there must be an awful lot of you.. or its easier to make IPAs.. something is casing IPAs to take up a lot of shelf space. When I go in to buy something its like.. crap -crap -crap -carp... oh, this one's not an IPA.... or is it.. yep.. IPA.. well.. at least it is summer beer season.. good stuff

IPAs can do funny things to your palate, one of my first loves in craft beer was Allagash White, a Belgian style wheat beer, and then I got into the IPAs for a bit hadn't had AW for about a year until I saw it in a dive bar in my town, I was shocked how it tasted like a crappy light beer at first, but gradually the taste came back and it was then that I realized how IPAs can mess with your taste buds.

Tap house 15 in Jefferson has Heady Topper. Quite a few miles from you though. It's a good beer but not as good as the super hype IMO.

Tonight I dipped into my recently acquired North Carolina haul..Radio Haze by NoDa Brewing and Devil's Son by Edward Teach Brewing.

Tap house 15 in Jefferson has Heady Topper. Quite a few miles from you though. It's a good beer but not as good as the super hype IMO.

Tonight I dipped into my recently acquired North Carolina haul..Radio Haze by NoDa Brewing and Devil's Son by Edward Teach Brewing.
I enjoy Heady but I'm with you on it being hyped.

I’m going to have a few ice cold Twisted Ice Teas tonight and may top that off with a shot or two of Don Julio’s Resposado Tequila, I will get by I will survive my friends. :Peace: :PeaceSign:Everyone have a safe and stress free weekend.

Reactions: RutHut and Jm0513
Victory Dirt Wolf (Double IPA, 8.7% Alc.) ... excellent beverage for attitude adjustment.

Reactions: RutHut
London Calling Nut Brown Ale...picked up a crowler from my local small batch brewery. Nothing on cask at the moment. The other crowler ready to go is an Irish Stout.

The taprooms are finally open around here so I may stop in again next weekend for Fathers Day and imbibe on-site (indoors is set up with socially distanced seating/tables and outside is BYO camping chairs plus they're going to rent additional plastic chairs from a party rental place).

Reactions: RutHut
So Philly finally opened out door seating so I visited some of my vendors in town. Since I was cycling I was just tasting a few brews at Yards and Love City Brewing. Inside by the brewing tanks. It was awesome to hang, with social distancing, with long time industry partners. Had a sip of the wort of a future beer at Love City. Wort is the early stages of brewing but give you a hint of things to come. Normally they are nasty but this was actually. This has big potential.

Same beer with purple clematis. Had a few lights playing beach volleyballl for a couple of hours. Gotta love these long days. Salute.

Reactions: RUnTeX and Jm0513
Had to empty, maintain, fix up and sell 3 family members’ houses that unfortunately came my way in less than a year.
Somehow closed on the last one today.
Going to have some cold Guinness and a few weeks of just going to my office and some sort of normalcy and figure out where to go and what to do next.
Toast to all the good folk here. Thanks for the daily fun distractions and hope you all stay well.

Was in the mood for Bass tonight

Put on my mask, went down to the store and picked up a 12

Elios Pizza, green beans and tator tots for dinner first, then Bass

always enjoyed Bass Ale. Tonight was a Vodka night. Bought a bottle off Lagavulin 9 for tomorrow. Don’t let the year fool you. I’ll put it up against the average 12 year.

Chocolate almond milk...

Needed to dip my Oreo stuffed Chocolate Chip cookies in something.:Okay

Recipe upon request..lol
I just recently discovered the superiority of almond milk when I bought some to make french toast to use as the bread for my pork roll sandwiches. I don't understand why anyone buys regular milk anymore when this glorious nectar is readily available.

Anyway, tonight I had half of each of these, split with a housemate:

--Heady Topper
--Icarus Vlad to Be Here
--Southern Tier Nitro Hot Cocoa
--Jersey Cyclone Imperial Storm Cloud
--Kane Open Water
--Kane Overhead

Reactions: Jm0513
always enjoyed Bass Ale. Tonight was a Vodka night. Bought a bottle off Lagavulin 9 for tomorrow. Don’t let the year fool you. I’ll put it up against the average 12 year.
Bass ale used to be a great brew. It still might be but here in the US we may never know as we aren't drinking the imported version anymore. Ours is brewed in New Hampshire

ADVERTISEMENT