ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What Middle School Did You Go To And In What Town? How Far From HPSS Stadium Was/Is It?

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
Gonna be a long-distance winner up in here.

Connackamack Middle School in Piscataway, about 1 mile from the stadium. I'm gonna man up and admit I'm not winning this.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
Arts High School in Newark, NJ. If I take the back way it's 30 minutes. The original route is 45 minutes.

Reactions: zappaa
Gonna be a long-distance winner up in here.

Connackamack Middle School in Piscataway, about 1 mile from the stadium. I'm gonna man up and admit I'm not winning this.

I now live a 15 minute walk from there. I went to Fords Jr HS now Fords Middle School 1980/81. Played on the FB team. We played Colonia JHS, Avenel JHS, WB JHS and I forget who else

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
I went to Immaculate Conception School in Bergen County. It wasn't until I was in High School that I understood the meaning of that term.

Reactions: mildone
I now live a 15 minute walk from there. I went to Fords Jr HS now Fords Middle School 1980/81. Played on the FB team. We played Colonia JHS, Avenel JHS, WB JHS and I forget who else

What no Iselin Middle School? ;) that's where I went around the same time. 10 miles from the old Rutgers Stadium with splintery wooden bleachers.

Reactions: RUaMoose

We used to do battle of the bands at Our Lady of Peace Church and get banged up at JR'S. Sure I got many on this board drunk at the Woodbridge sports bars, clubs I worked at. Should have went to Avenel Middle but the clos3d it my year and went to Iselin Middle.

Bleyl Middle School, Houston, Texas
Dwight D. Eisenhower Junior High, Darien, Illinois

How you doin'!

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Highland Park Middle school. We were the first grad class the year it was finished. Maybe 4 miles ?

Linwood Middle School, North Brunswick. Couple of blocks from Livingston Ave., make a right and hit downtown (although no North kid would have walked that way in those days). 5.6 miles.

East Rutherford. Middle school was in the high school but half the high school burned when I was in 6th grade. 7th and 8th grades were in the Fairleigh Dickinson reading clinic.

Lafayette Middle School - Chatham Township, NJ - grade 7 + 8 - '76-'78. Ain't beating Spanky.

Trap-game.jpg

The next question will be "What is your mother's maiden name"? Followed by "What was your first pets name"?

7th grade in Markham Place, Little Silver and 8th grade in River Street and 9th in Red Bank High School. East on the Navesink River, turn north to Sandy Hook Bay, west to Raritan Bay to Raritan River and up to the HPSS.

Reactions: KingHigh
I was gonna put a disclaimer in the OP, but I figured I'd let things ride out and see how many conspiracy theorists get nervous.
You post these queries and never seem to follow up with anything remotely interesting or related. So for one to wonder why you want to know the middle schools, places of birth, home towns, high schools, street names we lived on etc. etc.. well, it doesn't require being a "conspiracy theorist".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT