ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Where will you be buried when you die?

Here's my story. Two years ago my father passes and was cremated. My mom had passed 20 years prior and was also cremated and in a massoleum. My father's new family gave me half his ashes to place next to my mom.
The cemetery was supposed have opened the faceplate for me to do this. When my wife and I got there the screws were loosened but not removed. After 20 mins couldn't find anyone to help. We had paid $600 for this.
I wasn't coming back. Had a screwdriver and removed it myself. Fracking heavy.
Part two. My father/mother never planned for this. No place to put his urn. Only option. We wound up finding a bag in our car. Took half my mom's ashes out. Put half my father's in. And only managed to dump about 10% on the carpet to be vacuumed up at a letter date
So we know where 45% are. Where 45% went. And the other 10%??no clue.
OMG 😳…

OMG 😳…
Lol. I got another one. 3 years ago my wife's father passed away and we flew him back from California to be buried in Staten island as well. The hearse pulled out of the funeral home. Made a right into Victory Blvd. And proceeded to break down. The folks from the funeral home had to come out and push it back into the funeral home. Put him in a van so we could proceed. No bs. I have pictures.

We keep a light attitude about these things.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Cremation and burial both have significant carbon footprint and expense. I'd prefer to be buried at sea (sunk off shore with a cinderblock). Is that even legal?
cinderblock makes it illegal
cement shoes will make it look like a accident while trying to walk on water

Told my wife I wanted her to have me chopped up and turned into chum then charter a fishing boat and take out family and friends to have a good time.
She bought us burial plots in response.

Told my wife I wanted her to have me chopped up and turned into chum then charter a fishing boat and take out family and friends to have a good time.
She bought us burial plots in response.
Suggest you find someone in Fargo. They have woodchippers.

I’d like to be cut up in pieces and fed to sharks but that’s illegal so just my ashes dumped in the ocean. If I do ever get a terminal Illness I’d likely just paddle out into the ocean and never stop
Might not be illegal if your family uses you as bait.
Could get a boat and take a shark fishing trip.
Maybe even make a buck or two by selling tickets to the shark fishing trip and rent out poles that will have buckets of you as bait next to them.

• Love
Reactions: newell138
I'm sure Elon Musk will market a rocket that will disperse your ashes into space. Sign me up for that "to infinity and beyond"

Reactions: Jm0513
If enough of us get buried under the RAC we could maybe finally fight off those ancient Lenape spirits and break the curse

plxmAcU.gif

I went to my local cemetery and asked if they have any plots available. The cemetery manager told me yes , people are “dying” to get in here

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
I want to be fed to wild animals, and/or have my body naturally decompose.

I've spent my whole life feasting on the flora and fauna of Earth. In death, I'd like to return the favor.

I'll be going "condo", (aka: mausoleum).

My late Mom once told me years ago that she never wanted to think of me being under the ground.

To that I said, "But Mom, what if you go before me"? -To which she answered, "I don't care. I'll know". And as I'm sure many on here will understand, when an Italian Mom speaks...you listen.

So, it's gonna be condo city for me, baby.
Let me join Marilyn in a Like.

ashes in the Raritan River.
My lady knows what to do with my ashes. Place we hang out over summer. It has a couple small cliffs to jump off into the water. Lot of ppl don't know it's there. You have to go thru an apartment complex, through a hole in the fence then walk like 10 minutes through the bush to the spot.

36.145948, -86.618157

My lady knows what to do with my ashes. Place we hang out over summer. It has a couple small cliffs to jump off into the water. Lot of ppl don't know it's there. You have to go thru an apartment complex, through a hole in the fence then walk like 10 minutes through the bush to the spot.

36.145948, -86.618157

Sounds delightfully trailer park.

• Haha
Reactions: T2Kplus20
Cremation for me with ashes sprinkled in a national park - Zion would be nice. Alternatively, I'd be okay with putting my ashes in a can on some BLM land and then blown up with fireworks. Another option is a green burial, which I am actively considering.

As for music, I'd like to start out with Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Zevon, then a bunch of New Orleans & Canjun tunes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT