ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Willie Mays Played for The Trenton Giants

NiTeKnight

Junior
Nov 28, 2003
Willie Mays played his first year of minor league ball in 1950 for the Trenton Giants.
He played in 81 games and hit .353 with a .947 OPS, though he only hit four homers.
The Trenton Giants field was Dunn Field which was near the Brunswick Circle.
The next year Mays was called up to the NY Giants after only 35 games playing for the Minnesota Millers where he was batting .477.

The follow article talks about it and contains some photos of Mays in his Trenton Giants uniform, notice the T on his hat.

RIP Willie. One of the best of all time!

Last edited:
Willie Mays played his first year of minor league ball in 1950 for the Trenton Giants.
He played in 81 games and hit .353 with a .947 OPS, though he only hit four homers.
The Trenton Giants field was Dunn Field which was near the Brunswick Circle.
The next year Mays was called up to the NY Giants after only 35 games playing for the Minnesota Millers where he was batting .477.

The follow article talks about it and contains some photos of Mays in his Trenton Giants uniform, notice the T on his hat.

RIP Willie. One of the best of all time!
I'm sure it is a great article but behind the script wall. Nice to know though.

My older brother was a Notre Dame student that played baseball at Dunn Field against Trenton Catholic.

Last edited:
Willie Mays in Trenton Giants uniform. T for Trenton.
WGE6STSRBNEHXBKAKNBVBSDZ7E.jpg

Dunn Field
115956089_10220057094511426_8371456704702757571_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RCBeta79
I hope the Trenton Thunder can be a real affiliated minor league organization again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT