ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wow. Extreme fan delusion.

NickRU714

Heisman Winner
Aug 18, 2009
Came across this "article" about Garza and his upcoming NBA go/no-go decision.

I'm not saying there couldn't have been a debate between Garza/Toppin for POY.
But the idea that Toppin only won because Garza could win in 2021 is one of the craziest things I've seen in a while.

https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com...ouldnt-return-to-iowa-hawkeyes-nba-draft-bhgp

Thus, the conventional wisdom was that Garza would be back for a senior season.

Even before season was over, we saw that line of thinking start to take shape. It clearly played a role in Garza not being named the Naismith Player of the Year. Despite being clearly better in every measurable way last season, Luka Garza came in second to Dayton’s Obi Toppin. Toppin was a dynamic player in his own right who had a great year on a very good team. But he was destined for the NBA following the end of the year while Garza was not. So why not give the award to Toppin when you could surely give it to Garza in 2021?

I want Garza tested for roids.. he is way out there
(yeah, I know it was mostly hard work.. but that dude is crazy)
2SN3XW2IIRAV5JQVUWRNKWGYWA.jpg

Garza is a very aggressive player. (duh)

He also fouls almost constantly when he's near the ball. O or D.

In Iowa, on their court, he gets away with almost literal murder. Away from Iowa he's usually starting the second half in foul trouble be that what it may. McCaffery has usually had a mild stroke on the refs to try and predetermine what his second half will look like.

All the rules above went for Kriener last year too.

Toppin won because he deserved it. Garza didn't because he AND his coach deserved it.

Last edited:
Reactions: biazza38
To be fair I thought Garza over Toppin easily given level of competition. I saw a few games, Duquesne end of the year, where I was not at all convinced he was the best player in the nation. The kid from Utah State was pretty good too.

Garza is a very aggressive player. (duh)

He also fouls almost constantly when he's near the ball. O or D.

In Iowa, on their court, he gets away with almost literal murder. Away from Iowa he's usually starting the second half in foul trouble be that what it may. McCaffery has usually had a mild stroke on the refs to try and predetermine what his second half will look like.

All the rules above went for Kriener last year too.

Toppin won because he deserved it. Garza didn't because he AND his coach deserved it.
Garza had some crazy stretch of only averaging a foul a game at home for a little bit. That’s absurd when you consider how many minutes, touches, and what position he plays

Garza had some crazy stretch of only averaging a foul a game at home for a little bit. That’s absurd when you consider how many minutes, touches, and what position he plays
The home bias was blatant, obvious and on full display most corn filled nights.

Reactions: biazza38
The home bias was blatant, obvious and on full display most corn filled nights.
Wasn't there a play in our game with them there where we saw him rake and arm and a foul was called then they gave the foul to the second guy in?.... hmmm... no.. that was OSU or Michigan.

But yes, Garza was very active and very aggressive.. the lack of calls against him was an issue for opponents.

Wesson OSU game.

Wasn't there a play in our game with them there where we saw him rake and arm and a foul was called then they gave the foul to the second guy in?.... hmmm... no.. that was OSU or Michigan.

But yes, Garza was very active and very aggressive.. the lack of calls against him was an issue for opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT