ADVERTISEMENT

PAC 12 Expansion Article

I don't think UNLV is a realistic near-term option for PAC-12 expansion simply because they have not been good in either college football (basically ever) and college basketball (in almost 30 years). UNLV has been investing in those programs, but I would think some significant improvement would have to come first.

PAC-12 expansion would have to be about solidifying the conference as far as its football product. I'm not sure UNLV helps much, even though a ton of football recruits come from Las Vegas. The thing to note is that Las Vegas is already right in the middle of the PAC-12 footprint.

If the PAC-12 does end up expanding, I would think it would have to involve something like Texas or another Big 12 school.
Ok and Tx aren’t joining the wussy PAC. Maybe they can get Boise State or Colorado State

Reactions: MulletCork
I’m a long time Colorado State fan. I always thought that back around 2000 or so when they were riding high and knocking off the Big 12 CU Buffaloes here and there that they would be in a major conference eventually. 20 years later and it never happened. Got a new stadium but through it all still in the Mountain West. Albeit a conference I personally love to watch. I miss the WAC.

Unless it's BYU I don't see it.

Maybe if Houston or Boise become regular contenders but even then I have doubts. They don't have the massive fanbase BYU does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT