ADVERTISEMENT

Parking selection

Yes, this is ridiculous..
“Countdown Clock”?!, these aren’t concert tickets we are getting..
Also don’t know when my “window” will remain open, as I won’t be able to get back to it for another few hours..

Yes, this is ridiculous..
“Countdown Clock”?!, these aren’t concert tickets we are getting..
Also don’t know when my “window” will remain open, as I won’t be able to get back to it for another few hours..
They said this already. It's open until all parking allocations are made. So you can log back in whenever you want.

Didn’t see that. Well at least that’s good to know. They won’t you use phone so was trying on IPAD.
Will try again on computer tonight..

Don’t open the link more than a few minutes before your time. The program then thinks you’re a BOT and won’t let you continue. I had close my browser and reopen it for the process to recognize me properly

Don’t open the link more than a few minutes before your time. The program then thinks you’re a BOT and won’t let you continue. I had close my browser and reopen it for the process to recognize me properly
I had the same issue, was getting myself set up and ready then had to logout and close browser so I can get back in and select.

Reactions: RUAldo
Total joke. My wife got the email , but couldn’t get thru w the link on her laptop. And fwiw she’s pretty savvy on comp so that wasn’t an issue. I tried from work and got thru after she forwarded me the email. Screen shotted the confirmation, but haven’t gotten any official email yet. This can’t be how they do it at other BIG schools. Yellow Lot again:)

I was early morning yesterday and all lots were open. I prefer Yellow for the tailgate scene, so when I selected yellow the system advised me there are higher level lots (red and green) available that I qualify for. It looks like they were trying to make sure the higher priced options sell out.

Reactions: jtung230
I was early morning yesterday and all lots were open. I prefer Yellow for the tailgate scene, so when I selected yellow the system advised me there are higher level lots (red and green) available that I qualify for. It looks like they were trying to make sure the higher priced options sell out.
That's the exact intent of the new system and the feedback to remove the priority point minimums for each lot. Trying to guarantee all the lots closest to the stadium sell out. The times are used to ensure people get to choose their lot in priority point order.

That's the exact intent of the new system and the feedback to remove the priority point minimums for each lot. Trying to guarantee all the lots closest to the stadium sell out. The times are used to ensure people get to choose their lot in priority point order.
Yup, this will end the conspiracy theory that RU purposely under sell certain lots to get PP higher.

Yup, this will end the conspiracy theory that RU purposely under sell certain lots to get PP higher.
Also saves the reps 10 min calls with each of their clients. I'm glad I get to do it myself now. Done in 3 minutes without the small talk or new to discuss options.

Well here’s one long time season ticket holder informing you it was not easier and frankly don’t see the need for this. Can’t do on the phone, have to be on computer at specific time, web site freezes…

Sorry I’m not seeing if as “easier”
Agree! Even if there’s no glitches (computer, point or donation total etc) , you are told you have yo be online at 1:10 on a weekday afternoon? Silly. There has to be a better way.

Reactions: RUPete
Agree! Even if there’s no glitches (computer, point or donation total etc) , you are told you have yo be online at 1:10 on a weekday afternoon? Silly. There has to be a better way.
Literally takes 2 minutes. Your window stays open indefinitely after the time, so it's on you. I don't see anything wrong with that. The timer system makes sure people make their selection in priority point order. I think it's pretty equitable system.

Total joke. My wife got the email , but couldn’t get thru w the link on her laptop. And fwiw she’s pretty savvy on comp so that wasn’t an issue. I tried from work and got thru after she forwarded me the email. Screen shotted the confirmation, but haven’t gotten any official email yet. This can’t be how they do it at other BIG schools. Yellow Lot again:)
My official confirmation mail went to my spam folder, check there.

I'm sure RU will roll out a completely newer & betterer system within 3-5 years. I can't even keep my priority points straight, since they seem to tweak the counting system (and what they value) differently year to year.

I'm sure RU will roll out a completely newer & betterer system within 3-5 years. I can't even keep my priority points straight, since they seem to tweak the counting system (and what they value) differently year to year.
Their counting has been documented and consistent. The bigger problem is the software. Athletics uses a different system than RU Foundation but counts donations through RU Foundation for giving totals as well if you have a matching account. The easiest thing to do would be to have a SSO portal for athletics and university giving to link the two systems with your unique account ID. This still wouldn't alleviate the accounting for the different point groups as it requires some data movement. I believe getting a system like airlines frequent flyer programs would be far too costly.

Got an email yesterday at 9:00 am entitled "Time to Pick Your Lot!". The email itself said "Your window is open. Select your lot!".

However, further down it said my time slot is 1:32pm.

I waited until 1:32pm and got the lot I wanted but does anyone know if I could have picked my lot when I got the email at 9am? Very confusing.

Got an email yesterday at 9:00 am entitled "Time to Pick Your Lot!". The email itself said "Your window is open. Select your lot!".

I waited until 1:32pm and got the lot I wanted but does anyone know if I could have picked my lot when I got the email at 9am? Very confusing.
You could not. When you logged in, you would have seen a countdown to your actual timeslot. I agree it was confusing. That email prompted me to log in (which was probably the intent), but helped me identify the Chrome issue I had early so I had no issues for my actual time.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
I have not had time to go and check yet, but does anybody know off the top of their head what the status of the lots are as far as what's left etc? I know it has been posted before.

The email would have been better saying, your window will be open later today, select your lot when window opens

You don't have to buy at that time, it is telling you that you may go on from that time and beyond
You could go on the next day if you wanted for example

It wasn't bad for me since although I can get into the Scarlet, Green or Yellow lot, I like to use the black lot. The only issue I had was I was unable to select a lot using Chrome on my laptop. I then logged in using Edge and that worked fine.

The bad thing this system doesn't account for is if you are borderline to get into a specific lot but the lot sells out by the time you are truly able to login. Some people can't login from their work computers during the day and since the system doesn't work with a phone they need to wait until they get home at night. I don't know what the probability of that occurring but assume it can happen.

It wasn't bad for me since although I can get into the Scarlet, Green or Yellow lot, I like to use the black lot. The only issue I had was I was unable to select a lot using Chrome on my laptop. I then logged in using Edge and that worked fine.

The bad thing this system doesn't account for is if you are borderline to get into a specific lot but the lot sells out by the time you are truly able to login. Some people can't login from their work computers during the day and since the system doesn't work with a phone they need to wait until they get home at night. I don't know what the probability of that occurring but assume it can happen.
Not likely. The system was open for everyone as of June 1st. Only restriction was able to select or not. So you could see the donation level you made and the available spots up until your time to select. So you would have known at least a day in advance.

I realize I can go online anytime after my allotted slot, so I don’t have to be there at a given time in the middle of the day. But then there’s the chance the lot I wanted would be gone. As it turned out there were a number of Yellow even later in the day.

I have parked in White for several years due to my wife's disability (we have an ADA tag). When I logged in yesterday, the White lot showed as sold out. So, I called my ticket rep (Tim) who told me the lot was reserved for the team, with the exception of ADA. So, he was able to assign the lot for me.

Just a heads up for anyone who may be in the same boat....call your rep to get in to the White lot (and you will have to provide a copy of the tag).

Reactions: Knight Shift
Not likely. The system was open for everyone as of June 1st. Only restriction was able to select or not. So you could see the donation level you made and the available spots up until your time to select. So you would have known at least a day in advance.
Knowing and being able to act on it at the specific time are separate things. If I knew that I must act on it at the time of my window opening, but would be unable to do that due to whatever reason, I wouldn't be a happy camper. Although, I assume that's what your ticket rep is for handling if you cannot.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Just chose my passes.

The site was extremely easy to use and I had no issues thorough Firefox on my Mac.

Overall I like this process. Normally I would qualify up to Blue with my priority points. Like previous years I chose Black because that’s what I prefer. There were still spaces left in Scarlet, Green, White when I chose.

It’s nice to know that in the future, I still have an opportunity to upgrade to a better lot if I’m willing to pay up to meet the required donation.

They do need to figure out how to make the selection process possible on a phone though as I’m sure there may be some people out there who don’t have anything but a phone, and that amount of people will continue to grow.

How is the atmosphere in black usually? Saw someone else say it’s kind of dead but the location seems good.

It’s not Blue/Yellow atmosphere but I wouldn’t say it’s dead either. There are a decent amount of early arrivals and a large majority of the lot tailgates.

Location isn’t bad, it’s paved and you can park with others in a group fairly easily if you get there early without arriving at the exact same time which is nice.

Reactions: GORU2014
I've been in Black the past few years because it's what I could afford (and it beats the gameday paid lots). Sounds like the neighborhood is gentrifying. I hope there will still be slots; I don't pick until Monday.

Sounds as fun as going to work. Maybe watching on TV makes more sense. I figured that out 10+ years ago

I've been in Black the past few years because it's what I could afford (and it beats the gameday paid lots). Sounds like the neighborhood is gentrifying. I hope there will still be slots; I don't pick until Monday.

There were 700 spots left this afternoon I think you will be fine.

Reactions: rurichdog
Per marketing 97% of people who were sent emails have selected their lots. 👍
That can't possibly be true. They have me (incorrectly ) scheduled for next Monday. So with 3 days to go that's the other 3%? (not counting any for Tuesday and beyond?)

Simple math. If I'm mid-Monday..and IF at very end of pack (no way)..then that's 9 days of selection. With 3 full days to go. So 6 of 9 have selected (67%) and 3 of 9 haven't (33%). How can they make such claims?

Last edited:
That can't possibly be true. They have me (incorrectly ) scheduled for next Monday. So with 3 days to go that's the other 3%? (not counting any for Tuesday and beyond?)

Simple math. If I'm mid-Monday..and IF at very end of pack (no way)..then that's 9 days of selection. With 3 full days to go. So 6 of 9 have selected (67%) and 3 of 9 haven't (33%). How can they make such claims?

97% of people who got the email & we're eligible to pick. That last part was sort of implied. Of course people who weren't eligible to pick yet aren't counted 🤦‍♀️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT