ADVERTISEMENT

Parking This Year?

rcube1994

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Anyone know the parking situation at the RAC this year? This is the first year I've bought passes for the season. Will there be some parking in the deck at the practice facility? Seems like some of the parking passes were about the same distance as game day parking so trying to figure out what to expect. I looked at the website and cant find any helpful info.

Anyone know the parking situation at the RAC this year? This is the first year I've bought passes for the season. Will there be some parking in the deck at the practice facility? Seems like some of the parking passes were about the same distance as game day parking so trying to figure out what to expect. I looked at the website and cant find any helpful info.
They're still working on it but expected to figure it out shortly.

They have to figure out how they want to utilize the deck.

1) Limit it strictly to students and select staff. This would help immensely. Anyone who has a green lot pass knows the numerous spaces they took up on game days (while school was in session) the past two seasons.

2) Use it for fans on game days. Considering that it's a pain in the neck exiting a deck after an event, I'm led to believe they will go with No. 1.

Since I get to Henry's 2 hrs before tipoff, it doesn't matter to me. But for everyone else option 2 is the best way to utilize the deck. I sure as hell don't want to
park in there.

Reactions: Local Shill

1) Limit it strictly to students and select staff. This would help immensely. Anyone who has a green lot pass knows the numerous spaces they took up on game days (while school was in session) the past two seasons.

2) Use it for fans on game days. Considering that it's a pain in the neck exiting a deck after an event, I'm led to believe they will go with No. 1.

Thanks. Hopefully they figure out the best way to use the deck. Last year the general admission lot was a mess for the sold out night games with the students parking there also.

Reactions: RU_PAYBACK
Big issue I’ve had with Green lot parking is the “VIP” spaces......are you kidding me? What a waste of premium spaces that are far from fully utilized. Terrible....typical stupidity. And who exactly qualifies as a “ VIP”??!!

Reactions: Local Shill
Big issue I’ve had with Green lot parking is the “VIP” spaces......are you kidding me? What a waste of premium spaces that are far from fully utilized. Terrible....typical stupidity. And who exactly qualifies as a “ VIP”??!!
Here here. Freaking maddening.

Here here. Freaking maddening.
Big Amen to that!! Got turned away a few times right near game time when there were oodles of VIP spots open. One time during one of those 10 degree nights, got sent to the very back of the pay lot. My buddy is in his 70’s with asthma- the nearly 10 minute walk almost killed him, Passed plenty of open VIP spaces.

Mike, that makes perfectly logical sense, but this is Rutgers. Hence they will go with option 2. ‍

A parking ticket is only $30 if I remember correctly. So as long as you get caught fewer than 1/3 of the time you're better off doing that than paying $10/game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT