ADVERTISEMENT

Peacock question

jeRseyguy1010

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2023
So I have Peacock, but besides our football game with Wisconsin have never used it for sports.

So my question is, can you pause during a live broadcast? Or can you "start from the beginning" similar to what Amazon Prime has as an option for Thursday Night Football?

I have a 2 year old that I usually put to sleep right around 7pm. When the game is on cable its no problem, because I just set up the DVR and then start the game once I'm finished and catch up by halftime.

Hoping they have one of the two options I mentioned above.

i don't have an answer for you, other than to say that i have a 6 year old I do the same thing with... I told him we can watch the first half, then he's got to go to bed, so i'd like to try and pause it or dvr it or something to stop it there.

So I have Peacock, but besides our football game with Wisconsin have never used it for sports.

So my question is, can you pause during a live broadcast? Or can you "start from the beginning" similar to what Amazon Prime has as an option for Thursday Night Football?

I have a 2 year old that I usually put to sleep right around 7pm. When the game is on cable its no problem, because I just set up the DVR and then start the game once I'm finished and catch up by halftime.

You can pause. I don’t believe there is a start from beginning option but I’m pretty sure you can just rewind to the beginning.

Reactions: jeRseyguy1010
I don't have answers to your questions but they do have football replays going back to September so worst case you can probably catch the replay.

i don't have an answer for you, other than to say that i have a 6 year old I do the same thing with... I told him we can watch the first half, then he's got to go to bed, so i'd like to try and pause it or dvr it or something to stop it there.

Yes. Peacock is flexible. Watch game live. Or watch part live, pause, then resume whenever. Watch the game tomorrow.

I’m going to watch the first half live. Then I need to deal with kid stuff for 90 minutes. When that is done, I will kick back and watch the second half.

What's wrong with you? We need all the future fans we can get. Have him or her stay up this one time and watch the whole game!
In 5 more years that kid will be able to answer all your steaming questions!

Lol.. good luck and enjoy.

Yup, pause yes. As far as watching a "replay" in its entirety, which is how you would "start from the beginning" I believe it works similar to the BTN+ app where the replay is posted 30-60 min. after the sporting event completes in real time.

You can pause and rewind, but the interface is not especially smooth. I ended up having to exit the app and restart it to get back to live TV.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Bottom line is that streaming sucks. I guess it’s Better than nothing though. It’s very strange what motivates these things $. You would think the money is there for BTN and other networks but I guess not.

I am outside the US today. Peacock doesn’t work in the jurisdiction. Any idea how to watch ?
VPN? But you might need one with a dedicated IP like torguard where they give you your own IP in order to stream. Apps like Netflix won't work with a VPN unless you have that dedicated IP. Not sure if Peacock is up to speed with VPN's.

https://torguard.net/cart.php?gid=2&pid=4

you need the PRO one. $10 for the month

What's wrong with you? We need all the future fans we can get. Have him or her stay up this one time and watch the whole game!
In 5 more years that kid will be able to answer all your steaming questions!

Lol.. good luck and enjoy.
But if we lose, their child could become a Princeton fan and even end up going there. It could ruin their life!

Gratz on the sex!

Better start looking for your best deal for peacock. They will have a lot of BIG games this year and then they will have exclusive coverage of most BIG tournament games. Was able to get one year in August for $20. Don’t think that deal is still around, but there are some other discounts available. Streaming quality is good and they have a ton of TV series and good movies.

I have Comcast and get the game through my tv but I’m trying to watch via iPad and it’s saying I have to subscribe. Any idea?

Watched the game on Peacock replay. Got home right as game was ending. One annoyance - Peacock said
"replay coming soon." What is soon? Tonight, 45 minutes after game ended.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT