ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Columnist Criticizes Ash and Meyer for Satellite Camp

strings74

Senior
Aug 16, 2010
lol

Some questionable logic herein:

"But a question lingers: what about the student-athletes who had their choice taken away, some because they already signed up for the Michigan camp, and others because they must choose to go to one or the other?"

135109-bobs-burgers-Im-literally-gras-zocm.gif

...is this guy for real? He lost me almost immediately when he described PC as "the big bully" power in NJ HS football that all of the other (seemingly implied 'weaker') schools are rallying against...I wonder what Bosco, Prep, St. Joe's, BergenC would think about that.

...that aside, this 'article' comes across like a written temper tantrum. I wonder what this guy would think if Michigan decided to team up with 'State College Catholic HS' for a camp.

Joe P.

Last edited:
He actually tried to argue that this is unfair to kids because of how they already registered for the other camp and can't get that money back.

Awwwwww Him upset because no one wants to pway with Fwankwin Waaaaaa

Last edited:
The argument is a bit silly. To an outsider, it might make sense, but if he really expected all these staffs to get together and play nicely with their scheduling, he is crazy. Kids have more options than before, and those options are closer to home. If that was the goal, it is a success whether two camps conflict or not. They all previously held camps and junior days on their own campuses on the same weeks anyway, so this is nothing new.

Classic PSU, as the facts leak out about the horrors from Happy Valley, PSU criticizes Rutgers for having a football camp in our own state. Really don't like them. There is a new sheriff in town at Rutgers and we are not going to be pushed around anymore, love this approach.

It's so God to see PSU realizing the are being shut down in the recruitment of Jersey stars. Yes they will get some but it is not like it was a couple of years ago. There is a new watchman in the state.

If our camp didn't exist, is there a chance that some coaches would have discouraged their players from going to the Michigan camp due to animosity/distrust of Paramus Catholic?
Doubtful. Most of the hate towards PC has nothing to do with the actual school. It was simply against CP and his ridiculous antics even by Parochial standards.

Guy is pissed there are two camps and PSU staff wasn't invited to either yet Temple and BC were.

Reactions: gigantor1024
can someone who isn't banned on BWI go over there and tell those morons we are hosting the camp? They think it's OSU vs Michigan and we aren't even involved.

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
Clearly, that is where moral authority comes from these days. It's only okay in PSU land if a known sexual predator is allowed to be a part of the camp.

Reactions: RUBULL
can someone who isn't banned on BWI go over there and tell those morons we are hosting the camp? They think it's OSU vs Michigan and we aren't even involved.
That is another thing I like about this. At the PC camp, we would be the guest of Michigan. With our camp, Ohio State is our guest. Clearly Ohio State and Urban Meyer are a big draw, but on the poster/tweet sent out by Ash, Ash is in the forefront and Meyer and Rhule in the background. I'm much happier being Ohio State's little brother than Michigan's little b**ch.

No doubt having Ash helps us more than if we had hired someone who Meyer wasn't tight with. I'm guessing Ash asked Meyer to be involved in the camp to help stick it to Harbaugh. Meyer gets some benefit as well, not just by having exposure in NJ but also weakening his biggest potential rival in Michigan (at least weakening his camp). And I'm sure he doesn't mind helping out his protégé.

I wish I could see and hear Harbaugh's reaction to finding out about the RU/OSU/Temple camp - and the fact that it's on the same day. lol

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88

Someone posted that we are like the small school that is hosting the camp.

Why do he go and ridicule Joe Pa and Scumdusky for paying off for their pedophille scandal

Ash should accept the printed confirmation from any attendee who has already paid for the PC camp, kind of like how one store will honor a coupon from another. Then the kids who have already paid for PC aren't out anything by attending the triumvirate of Ash/Urban/Rhule.

Reactions: The Original Rah
The kids are the losers in this scenario as they can only go to one camp.
You don't even know all the kids would have gone to the Paramus Catholic camp. If just one kid wasn't gonna go because he didn't want to play on his rivals campus, then he now has the option to get good coaching that day as opposed to none at all thanks to his feelings on a strong rivalry.

..frankly I only see one loser when I read your comment..

Reactions: KingHigh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT