ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for R good friend SouthernGentleman

His 26 y/o son, his youngest, was killed in a car crash this morning.
Prayes to Mike @Southern Gentleman and his family at this difficult time.

https://www.littlerockfuneralhome.com/m/obituaries/Joseph-Casey-2/Memories
I know the last thing he wants to do is visit this site but please let him know that the Rutgers community is grieving and praying for him. He is such a great guy and is loved by everyone on this board especially those who were honored to meet him.

So terribly sorry for your loss SouthernGentleman. Our thoughts are with you.

Oh my .. this is terrible.

You have deepest sympathies from all of Scarlet Nation during this terribly difficult time.

That’s just terrible news. My heart felt condolences to a friend of RU.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you, your family and all those who were close to your son.

Deepest condolences for what trying times I can only imagine.

SG, so sorry to hear this news. Prays for you, Joseph, and your whole family. Our hope is in the resurrection.

I know the last thing he wants to do is visit this site but please let him know that the Rutgers community is grieving and praying for him. He is such a great guy and is loved by everyone on this board especially those who were honored to meet him.

I shared this post with him late last night. His reply to all of us:

Thank you very much. The worst day of my life has ended. The next week will be equally as bad.
Please pray for me

Reactions: RutgersRaRa

Thank you very much. The worst day of my life has ended. The next week will be equally as bad.
Please pray for me
:Sad::Pray: :Praying:

OMG that is horrible. My best to him and his family. Prayers too.
Life is fleeting at times. All the sports cancellations seemed to be devastating but yesterday the Philly Officer who was killed, I just met was the leader of the SWAT team my friend is part of. I watch her Great Dane a lot. Reed. And a good friend just lost her lifelong best friend. Just 53. Real life sadly gives you a true perspective of what is really important.
Reality has a way of putting things into true perspective. SG and Family have my sympathy and prayers.

Please pray for me
Thanks for doing that and I am sure it will be. So sad to hear this. RIP.

Oh my dear God! This is absolutely horrible news.

I've never had the honor of meeting SG, but feel as if I know him from all the times he's posted here and consider him one of our own. ...Prayers and deepest sympathies to him and his family. Rutgers Nation's heart goes out to them all.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Simply devastating. My thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to the entire family. I hope they are able to find the strength to cope with this awful tragedy.

My prayers go out to Southern Gentleman! I have always considered him one of us. Our family has lost a son way too soon!

Reactions: MrsScrew
So sorry to hear this. @Southern Gentleman has been such a great friend to Scarlet Nation. It sounds like his son was on his way to great things. This board also does great things. I’m sure we can pool $10, $20, $50 each or even hold a tailgate next year in his sons memory and start a scholarship fund in his sons name. Even a $1000 will make sure his name and legacy is remembered. NJ kids applying to UALR or Arkansas kids to RU at the front of the line. What ya say @MrsScrew

Horrific news, nothing worse than losing a child. My deepest condolences to the whole family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT