ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Preview/Game Thread -- 9-Rutgers vs. 1-Purdue

Shooters can feel these rims tho. We'll pop mo treys, but worried about PM's back now.

They’ve taken this insinuation that we foul a lot a bit too far.

Thought Pike should have risked Simpson with 2 fouls. Offense got stagnant and allowed Purdue to get back into it

Both teams hit 11 FGs
3pt Rutgers 4-11 Purdue 2-10

The difference PFs Purdue 4 Rutgers 11
FTs Purdue 5-8, Rutgers 2-2

Shocking 😮😮😮

Reactions: biazza38
Pike needs to say F it and roll with his best 5, foul trouble or not, only shot we have. Cannot have Oskar, Miller, etc in there.

Reactions: RutgersNo1
All the fouls on us sucks, but forced us to rest players. Rested players could be huge given how Purdue rested all week.

Pike will hammer home the need to avoid reach in fouls or fouls away from the paint. If we can do that while staying fast and physical on D, I really like our chances. But as always, gotta find some scoring and it can’t be just outside shooting.

Reactions: RUGiddy777
Agreed, both should've been called, but Edey's was worse as he woofed at Wolf on top of it and hung longer.
And Simpson has a lot further to drop once he lets go of the rim. Gotta be sure of your footing.

Overall good half ! Our offense became stagnant in last 10 minutes of 1st half because Simpson was on bench with 2 fouls. We were settling too much for jumpers etc
Paul is a baller ! Cliff great job.

We’ll need production from bench which has been non existent to date.

Reactions: LukeRU90
to be fair we definitley fouled more, and probably by design. wanted to punch them in the mouth, now they are letting the physical play go, but we got a few stupid reaches on simpson and cam

Reactions: RU-Esq and gregkoko
Bardo criticizing every foul call on Purdue, all 3 of them. Meanwhile 10 fouls not enough apparently on RU for him
I don't understand the appeal of this guy. And his comments about Edey being t'd up hanging on the rim made no sense. As if being frustrated you didn't get calls allows you to hang on the rim.

I did not like Bardo’s comment when Mulcahy drove to the basket and missed because of heavy body contact. He said there was absolutely no foul. There absolutely was and it was a bad no call.

Bardo criticizing every foul call on Purdue, all 3 of them. Meanwhile 10 fouls not enough apparently on RU for him
I think they definitely let some of our fouls go - we were playing super physical. There may have been some questionable calls on us, but I think it at least evens out.

to be fair we definitley fouled more, and probably by design. wanted to punch them in the mouth, now they are letting the physical play go, but we got a few stupid reaches on simpson and cam
EXACTLY They could've called another 15 fouls on us that half especially in the paint. Purdue,doesn't foul much BUT they did miss 1 or 2 on them IMHO. Nothing crazy though.

• Sad
Reactions: NutsWhinesToMods
I don't understand the appeal of this guy. And his comments about Edey being t'd up hanging on the rim made no sense. As if being frustrated you didn't get calls allows you to hang on the rim.
That’s an easy T every time.
It wasn’t a fast break. No one was under him. He hung on it and basically pulled himself up. Pretty easy call

Simpson has to play nearly the entire second half. His quickness opens up everything. Even Paul plays better because he can focus on finding his spot on the wing rather than running the offense.

Reactions: RU-Esq
We're in the game which is all you can ask. My concern is will we run out of steam in the second half since we played yesterday and Purdue is well rested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT