ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - RU ticket prices released

S_Janowski

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 24, 2009
Marlton, NJ
Variable pricing starting at $100 for Rutgers and Michigan games. I would think this is extremely high for a 107K stadium.

Anyone have any idea how many tickets Rutgers will get in their allotment?

This post was edited on 2/25 8:32 PM by S_Janowski

That is a pretty horrible home schedule. RU had as good a schedule in 2013 with the AAC and Arkansas.

Overall they'd have to crap the bed not to win at least 8 games.

Originally posted by Local Shill:
Checked out the BWI thread on this and they were every bit as douchey about this as one would expect. What a reprehensible collection of subhumans.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
It eats them up inside that we even their administration views this as an important game.

Originally posted by vkj91:

Checked out the BWI thread on this and they were every bit as douchey about this as one would expect. What a reprehensible collection of subhumans.
It eats them up inside that we even their administration views this as an important game.
clearly their administration knows that this game will bring a lot of RU fans and they might as well try to make as much money as they can.

Reminds me of the Syracuse board around 2004/2005

$100 sound a bit high for bad seats in a big stadium.... Rutgers-OSU tickets were less.

I heard from an as reliable source as it gets that this is going to be a night game ... I know TV contracts and all that but I would assume that it means that the athletic departments and the B1G and BTN are already all in agreement like they were with the game here. TIFWIW but trust me on this one.

Originally posted by RU1977:
$100 sound a bit high for bad seats in a big stadium.... Rutgers-OSU tickets were less.
It is. I just spoke to my rep at PSU and I could renew my season tickets in a very good section with all their crap donation stuff for 110 a game. Last year they released some good deals on mini plans. Of course they are saying this year they will sell out in seasons but I do to see it. I won't buy through RU bc their visitor seats are even worse than most places.

How bad are the visitor seats? Will RU also be charging $100?

Click on the link in the second post and look a the red jerseys in the upper right corner.

Originally posted by knightfan7:

That is a pretty horrible home schedule.
I had to look it up:

OOC
Buffalo
San Diego State
Army

Big Ten
Michigan
Rutgers
Indiana
Illinois

Boy, that's a dreadfully boring OOC Home schedule. Add in Illinois, and 4 of your 7 home games are against creampuffs.

Click on the link in the second post and look a the red jerseys in the upper right corner.
Yikes - $100 apiece for those?

Originally posted by ScarletDave:
I heard from an as reliable source as it gets that this is going to be a night game ... I know TV contracts and all that but I would assume that it means that the athletic departments and the B1G and BTN are already all in agreement like they were with the game here. TIFWIW but trust me on this one.
Heard the same thing from a PSU friend.

word around PA is almost certainly a Sarurday night game.

we shall see.

What did we just beat their fans over the head for to come to our stadium? Welcome to dynamic pricing. An 8 p.m. game will mean another $100 to stay in some rundown motel in Harrisburg on the way home. $$$$

This post was edited on 2/26 12:42 PM by dollarbill

This post was edited on 2/26 12:43 PM by dollarbill

Thats good to hear that it might be a night game. Beaver Stadium is best atmosphere in the country during night games, and is a can't miss experience. Having a night game against RU intrigues me, to say the least.

Not sure if tickets through RU will also be 100$. I don't know If fans who bought through PSU were subject to dynamic pricing.

F*ck it... I was thinking about goin to this game but if they are gonna rape us, its not worth it....my other options are to go to the Big House or Camp Randall (which will be the last time for 8 years or so) and both are better than this crap... I felt it was gonna be a problem anyway... I say we boycott this place and not give em money

Originally posted by mikemarc1:
Originally posted by ScarletDave:
Heard the same thing from a PSU friend.

word around PA is almost certainly a Sarurday night game.

we shall see.
Will they dare to do a white out for this non-rivalry game?

We are there most expensive ticket at home this year...From Pennlive article:

"Penn State is using variable ticket pricing again in 2015, a fact it announced Wednesday despite the fact that single game tickets for James Franklin's second set of home games won't go on sale in until July.

Tickets will be most expensive when Big Ten east foes Rutgers and Michigan come to town, while the cheapest tickets will cost $40 when non-conference opponents Buffalo, San Diego State, and Army come to Beaver Stadium in September.

Three of Penn State's first four home games include ticket prices starting at $40, while Rutgers is far and away the most expensive of the first five Nittany Lion home games in 2015.
"In the first year of variable pricing, the response from our fans was enthusiastically positive," Penn State Assistant Athletic Director for Ticketing Sales and Service Jeff Garner said in a release.
"Fans had many price options available to them and while season tickets remain the best value at Beaver Stadium, our single game ticket pricing gives fans more control of their experience."
Tickets for the September clash with Rutgers and November showdown with Michigan will cost between $100-$200, while Illinois represents the cheapest Big Ten opponent to score a ticket for. Prices range from $60-$140 to see Tim Beckman's Fighting Illini, while tickets run between $80 and $150 to see Indiana.

"Again for this season, we focused on fan feedback, the Nittany Lion TicketExchange, other secondary markets, and our fans' purchasing behavior to provide the best mix of value and choice," Garner said.
"In an effort to be sensitive to our schedule, we are offering three of the first five games at our lowest possible ticket price. We know our fans must commit time, resources and effort to attending a Penn State weekend and variable pricing allows us to respond accordingly."

They claim you'll be able to find tickets in the parking lots for $20 on game day.
doubt 20$ but definitely under face. scalpers are great if you are with one or two people but when you have an entire family you want to sit together. If they are 2-0 and it's a night game tickets won't be that cheap.

They also won't be cheap considering it's a conference opponent, not the Little Sisters of the Poor JV squad. Considering the home schedule is garbage this year, RU and UM tix will fetch a good price.

I'm going by myself, so I plan to snag a ticket from a scalper. They are all over the place. With some luck I'll run into my in-laws and deal a hate card to them.

Originally posted by RutgersROB:
F*ck it... I was thinking about goin to this game but if they are gonna rape us, its not worth it....my other options are to go to the Big House or Camp Randall (which will be the last time for 8 years or so) and both are better than this crap... I felt it was gonna be a problem anyway... I say we boycott this place and not give em money
I had to pay $150 per seat to Rutgers last season, and that with a season ticket holder discount. So I don't think this is raping. It's the going rate these days. Get used to it.

RU charged more than that for PSU tix at Rutgers last season. I paid $150 per ticket, face value.

Hey Howie, how much did you pay for your Rutgers tickets last season?

Originally posted by DJ Spanky:
Hey Howie, how much did you pay for your Rutgers tickets last season?
Bought 2 tickets @ $150 per ticket. 300 bananas for two tickets to a football game. That was face value, so I don't see why anyone here is complaining about $100.

Well at least for $150 you were right on top of the action at RU with sideline seats.
Not like the nosebleed seats at the upper corners of Beaver Stadium for visiting fans.

it makes sense. Michigan is the big game. RU is an in demand game because of the likelihood of many RU fans traveling the 3-4 hours to the game. There are very few games they have where they can expect a few thousand (at least) away fans to drive over. Plus you have the households comprised of both PSU and RU alums through marriage and family.

Howie, I would reply to your post on the BWI board making fun of us for this same topic but most of us have been banned so we can only read. Its funny how angry some of the people are getting that the RU game is priced as high as the Michigan game. Like it or not, its going to be a rivalry, the 80's are over.

Originally posted by DJ Spanky:

Originally posted by knightfan7:

That is a pretty horrible home schedule.
I had to look it up:

OOC
Buffalo
San Diego State
Army

Big Ten
Michigan
Rutgers
Indiana
Illinois

Boy, that's a dreadfully boring OOC Home schedule. Add in Illinois, and 4 of your 7 home games are against creampuffs.
It is a bad one. What makes it really difficult is 5 weeks in a row at home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT