ADVERTISEMENT

Raise our standards and expectations! Hold are coaches to the standards they set!

RUDivision

Junior
Jan 6, 2023
Disappointing Day and I have read a lot on how we got snubbed, OOC schedule, brackets that had us in, other teams, KEN POM, Net etc..

Pikes goal was to get in the tournament. We played 23 games were ranked in the top 25 and 2nd in the big ten. Somewhere we have never been before even with last years team.

We had 9 games 3 at home, 3 against the worst teams in the conference. The offense stalled, we gave up double digit leads, we forgot to use timeouts, we missed important FT, we did not put our best lineups on the court.

We can love Pike, these young men, and this university but please raise your standards. Pike had the biggest meltdown in school history and according to the standard HE set this outcome is unacceptable.

Caleb deserves better. Caleb finally called out the team and coaches after the NW game “We can play all the good defense we want but we have to score more we have to put the ball in the basket more”.

Pike made the necessary change in the tournament with the lineup but a little to late.

Go to the game tomorrow route hard for these young man they deserve it but realize it was coaching and mistakes over 8 games that brought us from a 5 seed to out of the tournament and not a committee.

Pike got two extensions and two raises one can understand why. We are in a conversation for a tournament bid. With those raises and extensions should come raised expectations and standards. What we got was a play in game last year where we were the favorite and once again had inbound problems late and lost a tremendous game that we win with one inbound pass late. This year an absolute collapse to miss the tournament. Pike has to be better . This amazing university, state, kids, alumni deserves more.

Huh? In case you missed it, during the "meltdown" you refer to, we beat Wisconsin & PSU on the road, dominated Michigan at a neutral site, and played Purdue down to the wire.

Maybe we just need better fans. There has been a tidal wave of bad takes on both message boards.

Huh? In case you missed it, during the "meltdown" you refer to, we beat Wisconsin & PSU on the road, dominated Michigan at a neutral site, and played Purdue down to the wire.

Maybe we just need better fans. There has been a tidal wave of bad takes on both message boards.
The tournament games were after he made the lineup change. The PSU game was a huge comeback and did you forget Nebraska and Minn?

Wisc Bottom of our conference
Psu pike got lucky Paul got in foul trouble so he was forced to play DS and he saved that game.
UM aaa d Purdue because he finally moved DS to staring PG but obviously too late.
Bad take lol the Nebraska and MINN game or the 3 home losses in a row are not melting down. Lol

Bravo on telling us you know nothing without actually telling us you know nothing.
We played well the last 8 games of the season? We didn’t lose 3 homes in a row including Nebraska? We didn’t blow a double digit lead to the worst team in our conference?

We played well the last 8 games of the season? We didn’t lose 3 homes in a row including Nebraska? We didn’t blow a double digit lead to the worst team in our conference?
We weren't missing one starter for the season?
We weren't playing with at least two starters hurt?
We didn't play well in the B1G tournament?

We can play this game all day with highlighting selective data. It still doesn't confirm your OP was anything other than a hot steaming pile of dog excrement. Yesterday was disappointing for everyone but not one player on the team would agree with your full of crap post.

Reactions: TRU2RU
We weren't missing one starter for the season?
We weren't playing with at least two starters hurt?
We didn't play well in the B1G tournament?

We can play this game all day with highlighting selective data. It still doesn't confirm your OP was anything other than a hot steaming pile of dog excrement. Yesterday was disappointing for everyone but not one player on the team would agree with your full of crap post.
Yes Mag was a glue guy and hurt was bad. Yes ppl were banged up but every team at this point is banged up. Bad example.
Did the team operate better with Hyatt or DS in the starting lineup? No selective data what did you see? That lineup was used to late in the season and the loss at MINN cost us are bid.

We were 16-7
We did lose 3 home games
We did blow double digit lead against Minn with 1 min to go.
Pike did not use his timeouts to bail out the kids.
He only played DS 12 min coming off a monster game against PSU.

The kids obviously would never publicly call anyone out that’s not what teammates do. But Caleb did call out the collective after NW . Pike made a lineup change after that heading into the tournamentand clearly we got our mojo back, just to late

I love these guys and the school and go to every game but mistakes were made and plenty of them in those 8 games.

It was that and not the committee that cost us.

Before replying, take note that OP is a serial troll (and possibly insane) with >100 accounts on here.
Yeah I had a feeling when I saw how new his account was and never seen him actually post before. They are usually not too bright and only repeat themselves incessantly which is what he's doing now.

Disappointing Day and I have read a lot on how we got snubbed, OOC schedule, brackets that had us in, other teams, KEN POM, Net etc..

Pikes goal was to get in the tournament. We played 23 games were ranked in the top 25 and 2nd in the big ten. Somewhere we have never been before even with last years team.

We had 9 games 3 at home, 3 against the worst teams in the conference. The offense stalled, we gave up double digit leads, we forgot to use timeouts, we missed important FT, we did not put our best lineups on the court.

We can love Pike, these young men, and this university but please raise your standards. Pike had the biggest meltdown in school history and according to the standard HE set this outcome is unacceptable.

Caleb deserves better. Caleb finally called out the team and coaches after the NW game “We can play all the good defense we want but we have to score more we have to put the ball in the basket more”.

Pike made the necessary change in the tournament with the lineup but a little to late.

Go to the game tomorrow route hard for these young man they deserve it but realize it was coaching and mistakes over 8 games that brought us from a 5 seed to out of the tournament and not a committee.

Pike got two extensions and two raises one can understand why. We are in a conversation for a tournament bid. With those raises and extensions should come raised expectations and standards. What we got was a play in game last year where we were the favorite and once again had inbound problems late and lost a tremendous game that we win with one inbound pass late. This year an absolute collapse to miss the tournament. Pike has to be better . This amazing university, state, kids, alumni deserves more.
Pike also figured out how to get us out of the funk the last two games which the committee ignored. It took a while and tinkering. He never gives up nor stops trying.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Yeah I had a feeling when I saw how new his account was and never seen him actually post before. They are usually not too bright and only repeat themselves incessantly which is what he's doing now.
Ok fine Pike did a great job those last 8. Glad he did not use Simpson early loved losing 3 home games and blowing a double digit lead to the worse team in the conference. That had nothing to do with our bid. Definitely are OOC.

Pike also figured out how to get us out of the funk the last two games which the committee ignored. It took a while and tinkering. He never gives up nor stops trying.
Agreed he went with his experience players Hyatt ! In the tournament finally went young and it was the right move. Just a little to late . Does not take away from losing 6 out 8 and blowing the mind game. I am just saying that had more to do I’m with our bid then the committee and we should expect more and want more. Why is that crazy

Just like your name you are being devisive.

Pike does not play on the court. Did he tell Paul to pass across court and turn the ball over. Players make mistakes.

Perhaps being a winning team leads to supposed meltdowns due to greater expectations of fans. When you have sucked for 30 years there are no so called meltdowns.

Go crawl back under your rock...oh I mean bridge.

Last edited:
Agreed he went with his experience players Hyatt ! In the tournament finally went young and it was the right move. Just a little to late . Does not take away from losing 6 out 8 and blowing the mind game. I am just saying that had more to do I’m with our bid then the committee and we should expect more and want more. Why is that crazy
Players bear some responsibility too. Clear their phones and social media got in their heads. Hence the Pike destroying the cell phone incident. No one wants less, some people are unreasonable.

Last edited:
Stick to V lookups ! Had to educate you before. Data and only data is where you belong!
As an AI language model, I do not have personal preferences or emotions. I am designed to assist with a wide range of tasks, including data analysis and processing. VLOOKUP is indeed a useful function for data analysis in spreadsheets, and I am capable of providing guidance and support on its usage, as well as other data-related tasks. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have regarding data analysis, and I will do my best to assist you.

Reactions: RUDivision
Pike has taken the program from one of the worst in the B1G to multiple NCAA appearances. This is for a program that had a 30 year tournament drought and multiple “scandals” You can’t minimize that. The staff has also recruited very well.

As an AI language model, I do not have personal preferences or emotions. I am designed to assist with a wide range of tasks, including data analysis and processing. VLOOKUP is indeed a useful function for data analysis in spreadsheets, and I am capable of providing guidance and support on its usage, as well as other data-related tasks. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have regarding data analysis, and I will do my best to assist you.
Well done! Lol

Let’s start by using proper Grammar in thread titles. I normally don’t call out grammatical mistakes but if you’re going to send a long and pompous post about high standards then start with yourself.

Pike has taken the program from one of the worst in the B1G to multiple NCAA appearances. This is for a program that had a 30 year tournament drought and multiple “scandals” You can’t minimize that. The staff has also recruited very well.
I agree with all of that and no argument from me. In this stretch considering where we were he made some mistakes that cost us a bid. That does not mean he’s a bad human or terrible coach or should be exiled from the university. But 2 things can be true : what you outlined and him coming up small these last 8. It’s his standard that he set.

Let’s start by using proper Grammar in thread titles. I normally don’t call out grammatical mistakes but if you’re going to send a long and pompous post about high standards then start with yourself.
Extremely fair and your are right.

• Haha
Reactions: RUpop
Would you feel meaningfully different if the season played out the same way but we had gotten the bid?

Obviously losing a 10 point lead to a dog crap minny team is far more important than beating PSU Wisconsin and Michigan combined. That single loss had more impact than those 3 wins combined. And that loss was def on the coaches

Reactions: RUDivision
Would you feel meaningfully different if the season played out the same way but we had gotten the bid?
Great question: obviously meltdown is strong if we are in the tournament but I definitely feel we under achieved in those last 8. We were the better team in all of them and not sure but I would assume favorites in at least 6 of the 8. So falling from a 5 seed to an 11 would be disappointing.

Just like your name you are being devisive.

Pike does not play on the court. Did he tell Paul to pass across court and turn the ball over. Players make mistakes.

Perhaps being a winning team leads to supposed meltdowns due to greater expectations of fans. When you have sucked for 30 years there are no so called meltdowns.

Go crawl back under your rock...oh I mean bridge.
Who set the expectations before the year? Pike set the standards and expectations not me! He came up short and still got an extension. Happy for him but winning fan bases and programs hold coaches accountable. So if the NIT after 30 years is what you want when the team was clearly better then that ok.

Are you saying those three wins were more important than that loss? NCAA committee certainly doesn't share your viewpoint.
I'm saying, independent of anything else, that someone who posted that a recruit "should do the smart thing and decommit" should **** off from the board forever.

Reactions: RUBlackout
Great question: obviously meltdown is strong if we are in the tournament but I definitely feel we under achieved in those last 8. We were the better team in all of them and not sure but I would assume favorites in at least 6 of the 8. So falling from a 5 seed to an 11 would be disappointing.
Well, okay, why would it be any more or less of a meltdown if we were in the tournament? The games we lost are the games we lost. Beyond that, we don't control the selection committee.

Well, okay, why would it be any more or less of a meltdown if we were in the tournament? The games we lost are the games we lost. Beyond that, we don't control the selection committee.
Are you remotely serious with that last question? It’s a meltdown if you go from a 5 seed to out of the tournament based on a 2-6 finish. It’s disappointing if you slide from a 5 to an 11 seed but still in

Are you remotely serious with that last question? It’s a meltdown if you go from a 5 seed to out of the tournament based on a 2-6 finish. It’s disappointing if you slide from a 5 to an 11 seed but still in
So the same series of results is either a "meltdown" or "disappointing" and the difference between the two is not what the team actually did but how some external body perceived what the team did?

Does that truly make sense to you?

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
So you may be younger then me
So the same series of results is either a "meltdown" or "disappointing" and the difference between the two is not what the team actually did but how some external body perceived what the team did?

Does that truly make
So you may be younger then me and come from the everyone gets a trophy or medal generation but results matter. Life is a results driven business. So yes making or not making a tournament vs a seeding conversation is very different . One either achieved Pikes goal which he stated before the season the other did not. It was not like we were 10 games into the season and then things went wrong. We were 8 games away from a 5 seed with 3 trash teams on the schedule.

So you may be younger then me

So you may be younger then me and come from the everyone gets a trophy or medal generation but results matter. Life is a results driven business. So yes making or not making a tournament vs a seeding conversation is very different . One either achieved Pikes goal which he stated before the season the other did not. It was not like we were 10 games into the season and then things went wrong. We were 8 games away from a 5 seed with 3 trash teams on the schedule.
Making the tournament is not a controllable result. It has nothing to do with “everyone gets a trophy”. The results of the games are what you control. It’s completely valid to criticize the way we finished the season, but that is the same whether the committee went your way or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT