ADVERTISEMENT

Raise our standards and expectations! Hold are coaches to the standards they set!

Making the tournament is not a controllable result. It has nothing to do with “everyone gets a trophy”. The results of the games are what you control. It’s completely valid to criticize the way we finished the season, but that is the same whether the committee went your way or not.
If we finished stronger the committee does not even come into play.

If we finished stronger the committee does not even come into play.
That’s 100% true. Like I said, criticizing the finish is valid. But the 2nd order effects (I.e. the committee) don’t change it. The results are right there in front of you; they can be evaluated and are the same regardless of whether we snuck into the field or not.

That’s 100% true. Like I said, criticizing the finish is valid. But the 2nd order effects (I.e. the committee) don’t change it. The results are right there in front of you; they can be evaluated and are the same regardless of whether we snuck into the field or not.
Yes the results are what they are . Simply saying playing as poorly as we did out is in a position to be evaluated . Play better and nothing to worry about on Sunday jist
What city to fly too

Disappointing Day and I have read a lot on how we got snubbed, OOC schedule, brackets that had us in, other teams, KEN POM, Net etc..

Pikes goal was to get in the tournament. We played 23 games were ranked in the top 25 and 2nd in the big ten. Somewhere we have never been before even with last years team.

We had 9 games 3 at home, 3 against the worst teams in the conference. The offense stalled, we gave up double digit leads, we forgot to use timeouts, we missed important FT, we did not put our best lineups on the court.

We can love Pike, these young men, and this university but please raise your standards. Pike had the biggest meltdown in school history and according to the standard HE set this outcome is unacceptable.

Caleb deserves better. Caleb finally called out the team and coaches after the NW game “We can play all the good defense we want but we have to score more we have to put the ball in the basket more”.

Pike made the necessary change in the tournament with the lineup but a little to late.

Go to the game tomorrow route hard for these young man they deserve it but realize it was coaching and mistakes over 8 games that brought us from a 5 seed to out of the tournament and not a committee.

Pike got two extensions and two raises one can understand why. We are in a conversation for a tournament bid. With those raises and extensions should come raised expectations and standards. What we got was a play in game last year where we were the favorite and once again had inbound problems late and lost a tremendous game that we win with one inbound pass late. This year an absolute collapse to miss the tournament. Pike has to be better . This amazing university, state, kids, alumni deserves more.
PLEASE STOP...Crazy recruits coming and the roof is about to blow off the RAC...Neagtoids need to chill

Reactions: RUBlackout
PLEASE STOP...Crazy recruits coming and the roof is about to blow off the RAC...Neagtoids need to chill
Can’t wait for the recruits to come and when they are actually in the building! Will be fun . Depth and talent are greatly needed !

The OP just doesn’t make sense to me

Essentially chastising that Rutgers fans need to “raise our standards and expectations”

I think the OP might make sense if people here were satisfied with a winning season and satisfied with being considered for the NCAA

But that ls not what’s going on here. People are disappointed. Disappointed in the late season crash. Disappointed that we played our way out of the NCAAs and pissed that we got screwed.

In a VERY SHORT TIME RU fans now EXPECT the NCAAs.

This is a 180 in a matter of just a few years

Just makes me think regarding the OP… what exactly are you talking about?

The OP just doesn’t make sense to me

Essentially chastising that Rutgers fans need to “raise our standards and expectations”

I think the OP might make sense if people here were satisfied with a winning season and satisfied with being considered for the NCAA

But that ls not what’s going on here. People are disappointed. Disappointed in the late season crash. Disappointed that we played our way out of the NCAAs and pissed that we got screwed.

In a VERY SHORT TIME RU fans now EXPECT the NCAAs.

This is a 180 in a matter of just a few years

Just makes me think regarding the OP… what exactly are you talking about?
Again, OP is just trying to rile people up.

So going 3 for our last 10 and falling from 2nd in the big 10 to out of the tournament is something we should accept?
I don't think that anyone is accepting this.
However, I'm not sure what the OP is looking to do. Should we demand Pike be fired? Should we picket outside the RAC for the Hofstra game? Should we march on Pike's house with flaming torches and pitchforks??
EVERYONE here knows that during that stretch there were a lot of mistakes made by players and coaches. No one is accepting them as evident by the many posts on this board.

Yes Mag was a glue guy and hurt was bad. Yes ppl were banged up but every team at this point is banged up. Bad example.
Did the team operate better with Hyatt or DS in the starting lineup? No selective data what did you see? That lineup was used to late in the season and the loss at MINN cost us are bid.

We were 16-7
We did lose 3 home games
We did blow double digit lead against Minn with 1 min to go.
Pike did not use his timeouts to bail out the kids.
He only played DS 12 min coming off a monster game against PSU.

The kids obviously would never publicly call anyone out that’s not what teammates do. But Caleb did call out the collective after NW . Pike made a lineup change after that heading into the tournamentand clearly we got our mojo back, just to late

I love these guys and the school and go to every game but mistakes were made and plenty of them in those 8 games.

It was that and not the committee that cost us.
Several things can be true at the same time. Pike made mistakes and the players made mistakes. When all of those mistakes are taken into account, the committee made an even bigger mistake by snubbing a team that belonged based upon objective measures which should be the focus of the committee.

I don't think that anyone is accepting this.
However, I'm not sure what the OP is looking to do. Should we demand Pike be fired? Should we picket outside the RAC for the Hofstra game? Should we march on Pike's house with flaming torches and pitchforks??
EVERYONE here knows that during that stretch there were a lot of mistakes made by players and coaches. No one is accepting them as evident by the many posts on this board.
I get the urge to push back here, but accepting it is exactly what we should do. These things happened. They were obviously disappointing, but they happened. They weren't done intentionally, so screaming at Pike to not do that again is an obvious waste of time. So at the end of any season, the athletic department is basically faced with a decision to (a) accept the results or (b) fire the coach [yes, I do understand there is some grey area where you demand some specific action and/or put a coach on notice that they are close to being fired]. (A) is the obvious right answer here, so all of this hand wringing and complaining is not useful.

The tournament games were after he made the lineup change. The PSU game was a huge comeback and did you forget Nebraska and Minn?
What do u propose be done about it? Burn stuff? Voodoo dolls? Stick our tongues out and blow raspberries at Pike and the coaches during the game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT