ADVERTISEMENT

Rapid Reaction - Seton Hall

Degaz-RU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2002
1. Three point barrage for Rutgers in the first half set the tone and gave us the lead.

2. Mag gave us a huge jolt of energy, defense, and rebounding. 4 points but 8 big rebounds.

3. Cliff was an absolute MONSTER in the paint. 11 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 ridiculous blocks.

4. JMike is now the starting PG, full stop. 11 points, 6 assists, only 2 TOs, and clutch baskets when we really needed them in the 2nd half.

5. The refs were god awful, calling every little touch foul on us but nothing on SHU. The non-call on a clear charge by Richmond toward the end was just outrageous. Luckily, an 80% SHU FT shooting team was just 16-27 for 59%.

6. Fernandes was super tonight, with 19 points, including three 3-pointers that were all daggers, plus he hit foul shots in the last minute to ice the game.

7. Can we EVER close out a win without giving the entire fanbase a collective heart attack?

8. Our team defense was elite tonight, and it helps to have a monster rim protector on the back line in Cliff.

9. We played an incredible game at The Rock, first time we’ve won there in 10 years. Huge.

Difference between this game and the last 2 blowouts was the rebounding disparity was insignificant, that is, SHU 42 and RU 39. This meant Seton did not get a lot of 2nd and 3rd shots during possessions. Mags 8 rebs huge. That combined with us hitting 3s = WIN!

This was one wonderful and happy win. Too many of our posters gave up on the season after the last two games. We showed we still have some toughness and we played great defense, shot 50 % on threes and out rebounded Seton Hall. RUnTime must be a sore SHU fan. Now we don't play for 6 days and we are 6-3. GO RU.

Reactions: higgins3 and tm_nj
10. I can’t believe we shot 12-24 from deep. I can’t remember a game where we hit double digit three pointers and shot 50% against a high major opponent.

11. We only fed Cliff in the post a few times. Never forced it, all within the offense, and he still got 11 points. It helps that he was a super 5-5 on FTs.

12. This was a season saving win, and it was a true road game, probably will end up being Quad 2 but possibly Quad 1.

13. This game should give us confidence against a much better Miss State team when we play them at The Rock in two weeks.

1. Story of game was officiating. Only reason SHU game was in game was officiating.
Pike has to be more aggressive with refs. We are going to have great talent next year. We can’t be Aw Shucks anymore. No more mister nice guy. Calhoun worked the refs, Pike should too.
2. Cliff’s best game in a long time irregardless of the numbers. He dominated the game. He was in SHU’s head.
3. Gavin sparked us 1st half.
4. Fernandes saved us 2nd half.
5. Mags gave us confidence and great D especially in 1st half. Quiet in 2nd. But that’s fine.
6. Cliff hitting free throws was big.
7. Any year in which you beat SHU is a good year. Yes, I know its not the B1G but still I like beating them more than most.
8. Davis after a shaky start had one of his better games.
9. Simpson had a huge bucket. Hope he doesn’t lose confidence.
10. Oskar had a huge three and some silly foul calls against him.
11. Full circle… only reason game was close was ridiculously bad officiating.

Last edited:
Very happy for the players. They handled SHU tonight and shut a lot of people up (myself included). Hopefully they can build off it. Hopefully Noah continues to knock off rust, the frosh come along and Mag eases himself back in.

One thing I noticed was a much better effort off the bat to grab rebounds. Even the bench was encouraging it early on in the game.

Very happy for the players. They handled SHU tonight and shut a lot of people up (myself included). Hopefully they can build off it. Hopefully Noah continues to knock off rust, the frosh come along and Mag eases himself back in.

One thing I noticed was a much better effort off the bat to grab rebounds. Even the bench was encouraging it early on in the game.
Much better focus. They were snagging balls with a purpose

Reactions: DirtyRU
1. Story of game was officiating. Only reason SHU game was in game was officiating.
Pike has to be more aggressive with refs. We are going to have great talent next year. We can’t be Aw Shucks anymore. No more first nice guy. Calhoun worked the refs, Pike should too.
2. Cliff’s best game in a long time irregardless of the numbers. He dominated the game. He was in SHU’s head.
3. Gavin sparked us 1st half.
4. Fernandes saved us 2nd half.
5. Mags gave us confidence and great D especially in 1st half. Quiet in 2nd. But that’s fine.
6. Cliff hitting free throws was big.
7. Any year in which you beat SHU is a good year. Yes, I know its not the B1G but still I like beating them more than most.
Do you guys watch the games? Anyone that’s paying attention knows he’s working the refs hard. He’s not the same guy that jokes around at the Court Club or is measured in press conferences. How this is continually brought up as a fact is baffling. Just because he’s not acting like a five year old competing in staring contests like Fran McCaffrey and costing his team points with technicals doesn’t mean he’s not working refs.

Do you guys watch the games? Anyone that’s paying attention knows he’s working the refs hard. He’s not the same guy that jokes around at the Court Club or is measured in press conferences. How this is continually brought up as a fact is baffling. Just because he’s not acting like a five year old competing in staring contests like Fran McCaffrey and costing his team points with technicals doesn’t mean he’s not working refs.
People can’t think for themselves so they just repeat the same crap over and over again

They should just listen to Tom Izzo from the MSG post game

Reactions: biazza38
If you don’t believe the officiating was ridiculously in SHU’s favor and the only thing that kept them in the game then I don’t know what to say.
Sometimes you have to act like Fran.

Do you want another OSU game?
Next year we have the talent it’s time we get the calls.
Tom Young was a nice guy but a great coach and knew when to take a T.
Pike is great but we could of lost this game because of officiating. That has to stop. Now.
It’s not baffling when every single game we are at a significant disadvantage. Do you watch the games? SMH! The facts speak for themselves. The attorney in me notes Res Ipsa Loquitor. Look it up before you rip RU fans. SMH.
We love Pike but officiating and bias and B1G against RU has to stop. Now. Deal with it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT