ADVERTISEMENT

Rapid Reaction - Seton Hall

Great game. Always nice to beat the smurfs. We owned rivalry trophy weekend with wrestling beating Princeton and basketball beating SHU. Not a fan of Spanarkel on the call, as he was too much of a SHU homer for a Duke guy calling a game on a network with so much B1G $.

Officiating was maddening.

Considering we won I’m glad they didn’t call the 3rd and inches full back dive play (think it was by Richardson) as the offensive foul it was. It’s emblematic of how crappy those dweebs hosed us tonight.

However I feel like the 12-24 3pt Shooting (uncharacteristic) and crap officiating are kind of push / cancelled each other out.

This game looked like a bad high school game. This Rutgers team doesn’t have enough talent to dance next season with Bailey and Harper. Griffits a 4/5*? I don’t see it
You thought this was such a good post you decided to post it in two separate threads? If you can’t be positive about Ace and Dylan next year, you should stop being a fan.

Great game. Always nice to beat the smurfs. We owned rivalry trophy weekend with wrestling beating Princeton and basketball beating SHU. Not a fan of Spanarkel on the call, as he was too much of a SHU homer for a Duke guy calling a game on a network with so much B1G $.
Pretty sure he has an academic underachiever son that is a shu grad.

5. The refs were god awful, calling every little touch foul on us but nothing on SHU. The non-call on a clear charge by Richmond toward the end was just outrageous. Luckily, an 80% SHU FT shooting team was just 16-27 for 59%.
As the old saying goes . . . The ball don’t lie!

Reactions: High Quality H2O
This game looked like a bad high school game. This Rutgers team doesn’t have enough talent to dance next season with Bailey and Harper. Griffits a 4/5*? I don’t see it
Can’t even understand what this comment means; this is truly a Rutgers win under Pike, like it or not; do you think we are in the PAC 12?

At times it reallly sounded like a shu home broadcast (I actually asked if it was in the game thread but never got an answer). For long stretches everything was from an SHU perspective,

it was only when they forced themselves (it seemed to me) to talk about RU did it occur to me that it wasn’t shu commentators

Reactions: Leonard23
He looks like a complete idiot
I will never understand posts like these. From recollection, yiu seem to be a solid poster and a fan.

We all express fandom in different ways. IMO, no need to tear down other fans showing their fandom.

The fans that are a bigger problem are the ones with hot takes on the players, the coaches or the program after a WTF loss or a slump. The beginning of this season has not been smooth, but this was not unexpected with the loss of Cam and Paul and with Mag being out. Onward, upward. In Pike I trust.

Last year we stubbed our toe against shoe. Gave it away. Last night was a reminder that despite our struggles, we are better. And have been for past number of years. They took their ball and went home when refused to play at RAC as well.

Richmond is only player who would start for RU. I don’t think anyone else would get much run if any.

They are a senior ladder team. This was their bowl game. They have a decent floor but low ceiling. They will be battling for 7-10th in BE. As a program they can’t keep up and they know it. They really don’t belong anymore in BE. Scream small time in every way.

Great to hear RU chants so loudly through TV.

We need to take positives from this and keep building.

Also shoutout to @Scangg for showing up decked out in red and sitting RIGHT next to the Seton Hall student section tonight
The entire student section booed me when I went to my seats and had a few beer cans threw at me 🤣

Awesome game. Atmosphere was fantastic. Talk that this is not a rivalry game absurd. Talk no one cares absurd. Redd's pregame was packed. Just an all around fabulous night

Actually met JP Carlisimo from the podcast richie did the other day post game. While admitting rutgers has the upper hand now he thinks their key is getting 1 stud with NIL and 4 year players who develop around him.

Would love to see both programs do well and see a ranked vs ranked matchup someday soon. NJ deserves multiple good bball teams

The entire student section booed me when I went to my seats and had a few beer cans threw at me 🤣

Awesome game. Atmosphere was fantastic. Talk that this is not a rivalry game absurd. Talk no one cares absurd. Redd's pregame was packed. Just an all around fabulous night

Actually met JP Carlisimo from the podcast richie did the other day post game. While admitting rutgers has the upper hand now he thinks their key is getting 1 stud with NIL and 4 year players who develop around him.

Would love to see both programs do well and see a ranked vs ranked matchup someday soon. NJ deserves multiple good bball teams
I was over in section 5, had a great view of you making your entrance 😂

I do look forward to this game every year. Great atmosphere, felt great to walk out of that building with a W for the first time in a while.

Saw you from section 9. Way to represent!!

Glad you had fun bruh
I told ya Redds would be a solid pregame

Reactions: Scangg
He looks like a complete idiot
Lighten up, Francis. It’s all in good fun, and he’s a super fan rooting for his team. What could possibly be wrong with that?

stripes lighten GIF

Reactions: Scangg and DC8690
Defense played with intensity and we actually had movement on offense for the first time this season. Me-ball was dead this game. let's hope it sticks.

• Love
Reactions: Scangg
Was at dinner and watched game from afar from TV at the bar and at the bar for last 13 minutes. I just looked at the Boxscore and it says we gave up 18 more offensive rebounds on 61 missed Seton Hall shots. Mag was back and he had 8 but see Gavin had only 1 , Wolf 5 and Oscar 0. I know Cliff was a monster blocking shots but these offensive rebounding numbers for the opposing team has to stop. Did Seton Hall convert either a 2 or a 3 off an offensive rebound ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT