ADVERTISEMENT

Really guys step off the ledge

My point is...you can't change history to make it fit a narrative. Regardless of how we became very good that year, we were. The BE had 3 teams finish in the top 15 and all three were in the top 10 at one point with two of them that could have been in very real consideration of playing for the NC.
The point was saying that 2006 BE was somehow not that good. The actual fact is that no matter how it got there, it was one of the strongest conferences that year. It was not the MAC or EMU.

Not changing history, just giving it context. Also not saying anything about whether we were good or not good that year... just that it wasn't through some sort of Herculean effort by Greg Schiano. Stars aligned for us in 2006 in a way that isn't able to be replicated, and not really valid as a measuring stick for Ash (or even as a true measuring stick for Schiano).

Not changing history, just giving it context. Also not saying anything about whether we were good or not good that year... just that it wasn't through some sort of Herculean effort by Greg Schiano. Stars aligned for us in 2006 in a way that isn't able to be replicated, and not really valid as a measuring stick for Ash (or even as a true measuring stick for Schiano).

The pieces did come together, including, no substantial injuries. My whole point was someone comparing 2006 BE to the MAC/EMU of this year.

The pieces did come together, including, no substantial injuries. My whole point was someone comparing 2006 BE to the MAC/EMU of this year.

Sorry, looked like you were responding to my comment that Schiano got a lot of help with pieces coming together that he didn't control.... I didn't see anyone making that comparison until you brought it up. Maybe someone deleted their post.

Sorry, looked like you were responding to my comment that Schiano got a lot of help with pieces coming together that he didn't control.... I didn't see anyone making that comparison until you brought it up. Maybe someone deleted their post.

yeah, started with a comment saying something like "maybe the MAC/EMU is like BE/Rutgers of 2006" or something like that...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT