6th Man: Hyatt. Instant experience and O
Noah for Austin. Minutes cut drastically
JMike for Simpson
Wolf or Big O when healthy for Cliff

Crap shoot
Oskar: 5 minutes
Chol, just to give someone a blow

That’s all I got 🤷🏻‍♂️
I like your suggestions as it at least allows young guys to play and grow. May as well get something out of this season. But really, this is about as fixable as the Titanic after it hit the ice…….there are no fixes unfortunately.

1) Start and give the keys to Austin Williams
2) Simpson the lions share , ride or die
3) Gavin. Why not? Give him time to learn
4) Mag: Can he keep it going?
5) Cliff. No Choice

Noah can’t start anymore

Second team.
JMike for Simpson

Crap shoot

That’s all I got 🤷🏻‍♂️
Close to whwre I’m at

My eight guys with no foul trouble

Cliff 32
Mawot 32
Aundre 28
Derek 28
JMike 26
Austin 26
Gavin 20
Wolf 8

Close to whwre I’m at

My eight guys with no foul trouble

Cliff 32
Mawot 32
Aundre 28
Derek 28
JMike 26
Austin 26
Gavin 20
Wolf 8
I think we WILL need Noah… I think his strength will be that energy guy off the bench . Give the young guys a blow…If he gets hot, great… if not, sit back down

5) Cliff. No Choice

Noah can’t start anymore

Second team.
JMike for Simpson

Crap shoot

That’s all I got 🤷🏻‍♂️
I like where you’re going with this but I think you give Oskar 5 mins too much.

GO RU

Simpson, Williams, mag, Hyatt, Cliff. Give them the most time. Pikiell is being too nice to players. Noah is a rental and has been given a lot of chances to either show or not show he can play at this level. He is iso ball too which does not help. No need to play him more than 7 mins a game if that.

What worries me the most is
Coaching.

All of the same problems have existed over the years with terrible FT shooting…people standing around doing nothing on offense…missing layups…players out of position on both ends of the court…TERRIBLE inbounds plays.

Thing is in the past those weaknesses were overcome by the players on the court who could produce on either end and masking our inefficiency. This year we just don’t have the players for that as we are playing with majority of role players.

That’s why I want to see lineup changes to play for the future. Clearly Pike is not going to change so getting some of these players in positions to succeed(ie STOP posting cliff up due to lack of entry passes from guards and do more PnR) so at least give the younger guys minutes to develop into game speed

Reactions: whofrewdatmataRU13
I know Gavin had been off, but I think the future is now and give the damn kid a good run, start him, coach him up. Hyatt is not taking us ANYWHERE now or next cause he’s done. Plus having him come off the bench may be a spark

Reactions: RUBlackout
5) Cliff. No Choice

Noah can’t start anymore

Second team.
JMike for Simpson

Crap shoot

That’s all I got 🤷🏻‍♂️
Start JD, Williams, Hyatt, Mag & Cliff. Bring Derek, GG (at the 2 and 3) and wolff off the bench. Play no one else except Noah if and only if one of the other guards gets in early foul trouble. Pretty simple.

Start JD, Williams, Hyatt, Mag & Cliff. Bring Derek, GG (at the 2 and 3) and wolff off the bench. Play no one else except Noah if and only if one of the other guards gets in early foul trouble. Pretty simple.
Simpson, recently, has shown some fire. He’s got start

Reactions: G- RUnit
I am starting to get worried about some of the players looking elsewhere. Losing breeds moving. Next season will be the most pivotal year in modern history for this program. My thoughts are a very young starting five with the new guys having the controls. But, we will still need some of the current team to be successful.

I am starting to get worried about some of the players looking elsewhere. Losing breeds moving. Next season will be the most pivotal year in modern history for this program. My thoughts are a very young starting five with the new guys having the controls. But, we will still need some of the current team to be successful.
There will be portal players willing to come play with Ace and Dylan.

Reactions: Scangg and BillyC80
The excitement and potential of next year’s team will be a big factor (along with NIL) in keeping our best players. I fully anticipate Mag, JWill, Gavin, and JMike to come back, while bringing in a graduate center for one year to be a mentor for Lathan, who will play a ton. Add in Ace, Dylan, Grant and Dortch and you have a 10- man roster that will compete with the talent of any opponent.

Start:

Simpson
Williams
Hyatt
Mag
Cliff

Bring Noah, j-Mike Wolf and Gavin off the bench. If anything having Noah come off the bench would be a priority for me. When he starts a game poorly it noticeably affects the team and he’s too inconsistent to be a full time starter at this level.

Only if the $$$ are there.
I think, dont know, NIL $ already have been spent.

Forgetting that….a REAL young team with 2 guys that will be taking a lot of shots. A team without a true point guard.

Id be looking for an established team that needs a piece to put them over the top.

RU 2024-25 will be very unpredictable and certainly is not looking for scoring.

ncaa tourney success and accolades
There is one basketball and without a point guard the ball will be in Dylan and Ace’s hands a lot. I dont think there will be a lot of shot opportunities for others. So from an accolades standpoint I dont see it.

I dont think we make the NCAAs next year, let alone have success in it.

There is one basketball and without a point guard the ball will be in Dylan and Ace’s hands a lot. I dont think there will be a lot of shot opportunities for others. So from an accolades standpoint I dont see it.

That's all well and good but probably less than 5% (generously, and including people who are not Rutgers fans) actually think this so I wouldn't project it onto potential portal targets.

people gravitate toward winners. One would think Cam would not be the leading scorer at the defending national champions

Went on the Evan Miya site to see where players stand.

BPR is how you do against how strong the opposing player at your position you are matched up with by possession.

Offense BPR top 5
Cliff, Mag, Noah, Hyatt, AWill
6-10 JMike, Derek, Oscar, Gavin, Woolf

Defense BPR top 5
Cliff, Woolf, JMike, Mag, Gavin
6-10 Derek, Hyatt, Noah, Oscar, AWill

Maybe Gavin is so focused on not screwing up on defense that it is causing the struggles on offense right now, top 5 on the team defensively, offense 9th only ahead of Woolf.

Offense Efficiency(possessions on floor)
JMike 106.5(499), Mag 105.2(289), Hyatt 101.3(655), Cliff 101.0(663), AWill 99.9(272), Noah 99.0(662), Derek 99.0(612), Gavin 98.1(499), Oscar 97.2(276), Woolf 94.7(369)

Defense Efficiency
JMike 83.2(500), Woolf 84.7(368), Oscar 84.7(274), Noah 88.5(658), Cliff 88.6(659), Gavin 89.6(484), Derek 89.6(606), Hyatt 90.3(657), Mag 91.7(291), Austin 95.5(277)

Efficiency Margin(1-10)
JMike, Mag, Oscar, Cliff, Hyatt, Noah, Woolf, Derek, Gavin, AWill

+/-
JMike +80, Cliff +48, Derek +39, Gavin +37, Hyatt +35, Noah +32, oscar +19, Woolf +14, Mag +7, AWill -20

I'd take a chance with JMike, AWill, Mag, Hyatt or Oscar, Cliff

Last edited:
That's all well and good but probably less than 5% (generously, and including people who are not Rutgers fans) actually think this so I wouldn't project it onto potential portal targets.
I think there is a 67% chance those 95% will be weong

people gravitate toward winners. One would think Cam would not be the leading scorer at the defending national champions
That team had a need for a shooter. 2024-25 RU is looking for a glue guy that is happy not getting a tom of scoring chances. Desperately need a shutdown perimeter defender.

I think there is a 67% chance those 95% will be weong
That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion on this. My point though is that you seem to be projecting this opinion on others (i.e. potential portal targets) and that you should not because it is a very minority opinion.

Wow, thats a HUGE statement...worried about chemistry?

That doesn’t bother me… gimme 3 big scorers… there will be enough to go around.
OK. So the other 2 positions on the court won't be involved in the offense OR are you expecting Dylan to shoot 50% from the field and 40% from 3

I indulge in some cynicism, but predicting no NCAAs next season is on a whole other level.

I indulge in some cynicism, but predicting no NCAAs next season is on a whole other level.
what are your expectations defensively and offensively? Ace and Dylan havent played a lick of defense in any game i have watched. It is a more a question if they can all of a sudden play with energy an entire game as opposed to half the game.

Take a look at Pike’s resume as coach

If defense was 100% of the game we would have been to a Final 4 at least one year. If offense was 100% he would have been fired a few years ago.

I am having a tough time envisioning how this is going to work. This year he tried to talk about this team playing fast and it took all of 1 half to abort.

Is Dylan and Ace going to have to defend the high screen like everyone has at RU? If Gavin is in the lineup now Dylan has to defend a really good player. Who is the point guard?

NBA talent alone isnt winning. Dylan and Ace can score 18PPG each but if they are taking 23 shots each it doesnt matter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT