ADVERTISEMENT

Reset time: Change the lineup/minutes

what are your expectations defensively and offensively? Ace and Dylan havent played a lick of defense in any game i have watched. It is a more a question if they can all of a sudden play with energy an entire game as opposed to half the game.

Take a look at Pike’s resume as coach

If defense was 100% of the game we would have been to a Final 4 at least one year. If offense was 100% he would have been fired a few years ago.

I am having a tough time envisioning how this is going to work. This year he tried to talk about this team playing fast and it took all of 1 half to abort.

Is Dylan and Ace going to have to defend the high screen like everyone has at RU? If Gavin is in the lineup now Dylan has to defend a really good player. Who is the point guard?
Do you expect these guys’ defense to keep them off the court in the NBA?

In the last 12 years there has been only 1 freshman to make 1st team B1G all conference and that was Dangelo Russell

Ok, but your distaste for the NBA aside, any player that is good enough to defend in the NBA is good enough to defend at Rutgers.
Let’s see how a player not used to playing both sides of the court come in as a freshman and for the 1st time of their career are playing offense in a higher heart rate zone.

There is one basketball and without a point guard the ball will be in Dylan and Ace’s hands a lot. I dont think there will be a lot of shot opportunities for others. So from an accolades standpoint I dont see it.

I dont think we make the NCAAs next year, let alone have success in it.
The ball is going to be in Dylan and Ace's hands all the time even if we bring in a PG

Dylan is going to run the show. I want shooters at guard spacing the floor for Dylan and Ace and making them pay for doubling

Reactions: Rutgers36
OK. So the other 2 positions on the court won't be involved in the offense OR are you expecting Dylan to shoot 50% from the field and 40% from 3
Of course they will be involved and score that’s silly, but most teams great teams have at “big 3” option to carry the load or looked to for that role.

z I hoped Austin is now the man! And he made some big boy drives tonight too.

Gavin on the other hand? 🤷🏻‍♂️

what are your expectations defensively and offensively? Ace and Dylan havent played a lick of defense in any game i have watched. It is a more a question if they can all of a sudden play with energy an entire game as opposed to half the game.

Take a look at Pike’s resume as coach

If defense was 100% of the game we would have been to a Final 4 at least one year. If offense was 100% he would have been fired a few years ago.

I am having a tough time envisioning how this is going to work. This year he tried to talk about this team playing fast and it took all of 1 half to abort.

Is Dylan and Ace going to have to defend the high screen like everyone has at RU? If Gavin is in the lineup now Dylan has to defend a really good player. Who is the point guard?

NBA talent alone isnt winning. Dylan and Ace can score 18PPG each but if they are taking 23 shots each it doesnt matter
If we get two Mackenzie Mgbakos you are right. If we get two Jabari Smiths you are wrong. I don't think there's a good way to know what we're getting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT