ADVERTISEMENT

RIP to one of the best & most famous Rutgers fans

My condolences to you WhiteBus. I had to put down my beloved Bear two years ago and it was heartbreaking. Scarlet will meet you again one day, remember that. Rest In Peace.

I am so sorry WhiteBus. I have lost four dogs during my married life and each was very hard. I know what you are going through. My prayers are with you and Scarlet.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Sorry for the loss of your loyal friend whitebus I know scarlet is in Rutgers tailgate heaven walking around greeting all the fans

Very sad to hear Whitebus. Not many things are as painful as that last drive to the Vet. I've done it twice, swore I'd never get another dog again because of the pain.After awhile, the house felt so empty and I asked my wife if it would be OK with her if I got another,of course she said yes. It turned out to be the best,kindest,smartest dog I've ever had. Charly, our Golden Retriever is now 12 , and the thought of doing what you so painfully had to do, is in the back of my mind as I type this. Take comfort in the fact Scarlet felt loved and important in your life.

Very sad to hear Whitebus. Not many things are as painful as that last drive to the Vet. I've done it twice, swore I'd never get another dog again because of the pain.After awhile, the house felt so empty and I asked my wife if it would be OK with her if I got another,of course she said yes. It turned out to be the best,kindest,smartest dog I've ever had. Charly, our Golden Retriever is now 12 , and the thought of doing what you so painfully had to do, is in the back of my mind as I type this. Take comfort in the fact Scarlet felt loved and important in your life.
Thanks and all the best to Charly. And I know what your going through in the back of your mind. After Scarlet turned 8, the average lifespan for Great Danes those thoughts were prevalent with me as well. After the final home game in 2014 I drove home and it really hit me that it might be her last game. Thankfully there was 4 more wonderful years and Rutgers tailgates and Scarlet Walks. I was truely blessed and enjoyed every minute of those "bonus" years.

Last edited:
Thanks and all the best to Charly. And I know what your going through in the back of your mind. After Scarlet turned 8, the average lifespan for Great Danes those thoughts were prevalent with me as well. After the final home game in 2014 I drove home and it really hit me that it might be her last game. Thankfully there was 4 more wonderful years and Rutgers tailgates and Scarlet Walks. I was truely blessed and enjoyed every minute of those "bonus" years.
God Bless and Happy New Year to you @WhiteBus!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, very sorry to hear this...I remember meeting Scarlet at her namesake Scarlet walk a few times. We have an almost 12 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback who has slowed down a lot but just added a new Ridgeback puppy. We actually names her Scarlet in part because of our meeting the original Scarlet. Thought it would be OK since we live on the West Coast.

Yes, very sorry to hear this...I remember meeting Scarlet at her namesake Scarlet walk a few times. We have an almost 12 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback who has slowed down a lot but just added a new Ridgeback puppy. We actually names her Scarlet in part because of our meeting the original Scarlet. Thought it would be OK since we live on the West Coast.
I'm not the first Rutgers fan to name their dog or pet Scarlet, I know a few other fans that have pets named Scarlet, some after my Scarlet. I think every Rutgers fan should consider it. Its also a great girls name for any of you future parents.
Glad there is another 4 leg Scarlet around. Best of luck to you and both your dogs!

I'm not the first Rutgers fan to name their dog or pet Scarlet, I know a few other fans that have pets named Scarlet, some after my Scarlet. I think every Rutgers fan should consider it. Its also a great girls name for any of you future parents.
Glad there is another 4 leg Scarlet around. Best of luck to you and both your dogs!

Sorry for your loss.

Just got a golden retriever...named her Scarlet!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT