ADVERTISEMENT

RU 2.5 over the Eagles

2.5? That's a slap in the face

lol........... if you got in really early... you could have gotten points!!!!!........... sheeeezzzzzz

09/03 3:40pm EMICH-3.5 -110 RUTG+3.5 -110
09/03 3:45pm RUTG-2.5 -120 EMICH+2.5 +100
09/03 3:50pm RUTG-3.5 -110 EMICH+3.5 -110

Reactions: FlyEMUEagles
Fair. Potential sucker bet with Vegas begging people to take RU. I don't think we cover 3 but Vegas might. We return tons of players including our senior QB, RB and top 3 WRs coming off of our first winning season since 1989. We've never beaten a P5 opponent and this is the best chance we will have.

I don't think RU matches their intensity that they had opening the season in primetime on national TV vs a top 10 team. If you guys play like you did vs UW you probably win by 10-17. I expect RU to win by 3-7 or less. I think we have realistically a 35% chance to win outright. We've come a long way and this season is not supposed to be a step back. Also, MAC teams love beating B1G teams, happens annually. It needs to be our turn for once.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Not going to be a walk in the park. They have a former 4* QB, a RB who averaged over six ypc two years ago, they lost at W. Michigan last year by 2 TD's, and they return a ton of guys with experience.

Reactions: soundcrib
Fair. We return tons of players including our senior QB, RB and top 3 WRs coming off of our first winning season since 1989. We've never beaten a P5 opponent and this is the best chance we will have.

I don't think RU matches their intensity that they had opening the season in primetime on national TV vs a top 10 team. If you guys play like you did vs UW you probably win by 10-17. I expect RU to win by 3-7 or less. I think we have realistically a 35% chance to win outright. We've come a long way and this season is not supposed to be a step back. Also, MAC teams love beating B1G teams, happens annually. It needs to be our turn for once.

Good luck.

The best sign going into next week for me is that the RU Dline showed well against a very stout Washington OLine that returned 4 starters... and against EMU will be going up against an entirely rebuilt unit (new starting tackles, new starting center, new TE).

I know that EMU brought back a ton of skill players, but if the DLine is in the backfield all day that's not going to mean much.

I think Vegas is still trying to get a bead on Rutgers. Expected a 27-28 pt loss against Washington, and saw a 16 point loss. Expecting a 2-3 point win over EMU, which I think will probably be 10-14 points. By the time of the Nebraska game, they'll very likely have our range down a bit better. Very hard to set a spread for an offense that is only returning 3 starters (one of whom missed most of last season with injury), has a new OC, and is starting 4 transfers.

Not going to be a walk in the park. They have a former 4* QB, a RB who averaged over six ypc two years ago, they lost at W. Michigan last year by 2 TD's, and they return a ton of guys with experience.

Shaq Vann averaged 5.9 ypc as a freshman and was averaging 7.9 ypc last year before he was hurt..... in his first game back with a rebuilt OLine vs. Charlotte, he managed 3.9 ypc.

I was the biggest worrier about this game all offseason, but after last week's performance of both teams, I expect us to come out swinging and win this one by a score of about 35-10.

They have a very good QB and secondary. This game will be a lot closer than people think, but not 2.5 close...

Fair. Potential sucker bet with Vegas begging people to take RU. I don't think we cover 3 but Vegas might. We return tons of players including our senior QB, RB and top 3 WRs coming off of our first winning season since 1989. We've never beaten a P5 opponent and this is the best chance we will have.

Good luck.
Not flaming, but EMU's performance against a weak Charlotte team does not seem all that impressive.
Your QB threw no TDs and 1 INT.
1 TD for EMU on a pick 6.
EMU's offense mustered 2 TDs and a field goal against Charlotte.
What's up with that?

Good luck.
Not flaming, but EMU's performance against a weak Charlotte team does not seem all that impressive.
Your QB threw no TDs and 1 INT.
1 TD for EMU on a pick 6.
We just need to play hard every play every game and we can win games like this. I wouldn't say easy unless the offense starts to gel a little more and Janarion gets the ball more and can do what he did last year. The running game looks good so hopefully we can break some long runs and open up the passing game.

Reactions: Knight Shift

Good luck.
I personally dont think EMU will be able to handle us in the trenches, your DL was getting pushed around by charolette. Left side of your OL looks decent but if Kemoko lines up against your RT and you pass, he may finish with 6 sacks

We cannot afford to take anyone lightly. Ash's job is to make sure the intensity is where it needs to be. We will need to be much more productive on offense or this could be a struggle. I expect that we win but I am a long way from worrying about being overconfident.

How are EMU's special teams? Can we throw the ball down the field?
Charlotte returned 4 kickoffs with an average of 21.3 and a long of 39
Janarion_Grant.PNG

I punt return for -1.

EMU, 2 kick returns for avg. of 18
2 punt returns for an average of 6.
EMU's punter averaged 34.5 with a long of 42.

Meh.
https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/ru-2-5-over-the-eagles.128426/#post-2870105

Our fans seem a bit overconfident. I would not be ssurprised to see a tough close game next week and a drop in RU's level from last week. Football is a funny game. What you see one week often does not translate the following week.the program is no position to take anyone lightly and annex wins

Our fans seem a bit overconfident. I would not be ssurprised to see a tough close game next week and a drop in RU's level from last week. Football is a funny game. What you see one week often does not translate the following week.the program is no position to take anyone lightly and annex wins
I'm not overconfident, but not as underconfident as the usual crowd.
Each game is indeed its own set of circumstances. The transitive theory almost never provides a correct result.
Got to go, rutgersal has a fresh batch of Kool Aid for us to drink.

Reactions: madchuck
We don't get humiliated and all of a sudden we should cruise by 20-plus points?

There is no way we come out strong this week. It's not human nature. Opening night, national TV, top 10 foe, you are sky-high. And now Eastern Michigan? Not so much.

Expect lackluster early and better as we go along. If we limit mistakes we should be in control even if the game isn't technically out of reach for them until late.

But why do some of you still care about point spreads and "respect," which, after all, has ZERO to do with the line? Get over it already.

I know the team was "up" for Washington because of the bad taste from last year and the high profile opponent, but I also think they'll be "up" for Saturday to notch their first win of the season after losing 10 straight.

Loved what I saw from the defense in terms of overall improvement, even though the LB corps is still not where I'd like. I think Ash will have them hungry for Saturday. I also think that the OLine and Edwards/Martin will move the ball on the ground, as EMU allowed 4.7 ypc - and Kill will keep pounding the rock while also adding some more to the playbook.

I'm thinking around 28-17 RU for this game.

This is.......humbling. I guess it makes sense considering RUs offensive output last week. It reminded me of 2012 when flood was punting from the 30 yard line.

Late opening lines are now at -4

better jump on soon gents............... -5.5 to -6.5 by end of week.....

I don't think RU matches their intensity that they had opening the season in primetime on national TV vs a top 10 team..

Exactly. This game has let down written all over it. I expect RU to win by 7 or so and I think the line will be close to that by game time.

Just want to see another solid game offensively and not allow any big plays on defense.
28-17 Win would be awesome.
Want to see a few more mid rage passes (O-Line should block better this game)
Like to see 80-90 yards by Edwards and 150 total yards rushing.

Also would like the read option to read a QB option 2 or 3 times so defense has another facet of the game to worry about.

Low scoring grind out teams rarely blow out teams. If EMU gets a couple big plays they can win this game. UW gave us the short pass and didn't allow us to go over the top. I suspect EMU will do the opposite. If we don't execute, then we'll be in for a dog fight.

With that said -3.5 is low. I was expecting something like -6

Reactions: redking
I know the team was "up" for Washington because of the bad taste from last year and the high profile opponent, but I also think they'll be "up" for Saturday to notch their first win of the season after losing 10 straight.

Loved what I saw from the defense in terms of overall improvement, even though the LB corps is still not where I'd like. I think Ash will have them hungry for Saturday. I also think that the OLine and Edwards/Martin will move the ball on the ground, as EMU allowed 4.7 ypc - and Kill will keep pounding the rock while also adding some more to the playbook.

I'm thinking around 28-17 RU for this game.
I agree with this. A team that is used to beating good teams might look past this week. That's not us.

Reactions: KevH
Jesus !! Based on our history we will tank. Based on my extreme passion for change we win and I don't care if we cover or not.

Dark cloud thread contribution: Please, no redux of 2012 Kent State at Rutgers game. Rutgers 7 TOs. Speedy Dri Archer in Kent State backfield. Expected win never happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT