ADVERTISEMENT

RU chances in B1G tourney

Myrtleknight

Junior
Mar 25, 2006
What are our chances.

I think we match up well against the top seeds on our side of the bracket.

Caleb has proven that he can shut down Keegan and McCaffery will not get all the calls in the tournament.

Ill. Is clearly a good matchup for us. The only guy I fear is fraiser, I don’t think we have an answer for him on D if he is on and hitting shots.

In the finals who the heck knows. But this team can do it!

Iowa will be really tough. Besides the meltdown in free throws against Illinois, they were playing the best basketball I've seen in the conference.

Have multiple options on offense.. Murray brothers will be in the league, Perkins is outstanding, Patrick McCaffery. An elite offensive team who is getting much better on the defensive side

As Andy Katz said “ Nobody all year played better defense against Iowa than Rutgers “. We just need a repeat! And we seem to step it up the last few years in tournament play. And hopefully Northwestern wears them down before our game.

It’s going to be a real tough game. Hopefully Iowa gets tested tomorrow vs Northwestern so they ll have some tired legs when we play them.
Hey Phil wish I were there with you.

I'm rooting for NW so we can get a revenge game in the tourney on our side. Iowa will have us circled due to that soft foul call late.

Reminder, it was mostly Ron--not Caleb--who was matched up against Keegan Murray back in January. I think Caleb was on Toussaint and Bohannon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT