ADVERTISEMENT

RU Commits & HS Season Discussion Thread

Hamilton has really not looked great his last few times out. Hopefully this isn’t a sign of things to come. At this point he looks like the next Matt Correnti

Reactions: theacks1
Hamilton has really not looked great his last few times out. Hopefully this isn’t a sign of things to come. At this point he looks like the next Matt Correnti
It’s hard to imagine him against the other b10 heavies rn... most of them r still very young too... sigh

Especially while not focusing 100% on wrestling

Agreed not focusing on wrestling coupled with his struggles with the new weight, I don’t think there’s much chance he ever contributes.

I really thought he’d be the guy who ended our struggles at heavyweight

O’Donnell looked pretty athletic vs szuba. Threw legs, power half looked like the aggressor. Never know might be a keeper

No one should be surprised at these upsets. Sheesh. This past year has been a disaster shit show with kids not training much or sporadically with constant shutdowns and stops and starts, not having good training partners, getting covid, etc. Cut them some slack and lay off.

(Posted this already, but somehow it was deleted)

O'Donnell gets revenge. Beats Szuba 5 to 1. Almost pinned him on top with a power half, but ref stopped it for potentially dangerous.

Him, Kyonte and Boone in a room will be great. O'Donnell is a true heavyweight. Def a big boy.

Willie (Mat Scouts) updated his rankings as well and he has Soldano #1 at 182 and Mullen #1 at 285. Hopefully we see Soldano creep into his top P4P rankings soon!

Commits:
Chletsos (Jr): #10 at 132
Oliveri (Sr): #12 at 138
White (Sr): #15 at 145
Soldano (Jr): #1 at 182
Hamilton (Sr): #5 at 285
Cetta (Sr): NR at 145
Weaver (Sr): NR at 160
O'Donnell (Sr): NR at 285

Targets:
Santaniello (So): #13 at 120
Mullen (So): #1 at 285

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Willie's latest list of top un-commited 2022 recruits with RU in consideration.

Not a whole lot going on after Soldano (#1 at 182, #6 on the '22 big board, #7 P4P) and Chletsos (#16 at 138 and #39 on the '22 big board), so I'm assuming we are looking to make a big splash in 2023 with Mullen, Santaniello, etc. and with the transfers.

#17 - James Rowley, Crescent Valley, OR - 184lbs.
School List: Michigan, Navy, Nebraska, Oregon State, Oklahoma St., Purdue, Rutgers, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, and open to listen to others

#139 - Jordan Soriano, Westbury, NY - 149lbs.
School List: Appalachian St., Army, Columbia, NC State, Rutgers

#143 - Carter Baer, Governeur, NY - 157lbs.
School List: Binghamton, Buffalo, Bucknell, Citadel, George Mason, NC State, Rutgers

Willie's latest list of top un-commited 2022 recruits with RU in consideration.

Not a whole lot going on after Soldano (#1 at 182, #6 on the '22 big board, #7 P4P) and Chletsos (#16 at 138 and #39 on the '22 big board), so I'm assuming we are looking to make a big splash in 2023 with Mullen, Santaniello, etc. and with the transfers.

#17 - James Rowley, Crescent Valley, OR - 184lbs.
School List: Michigan, Navy, Nebraska, Oregon State, Oklahoma St., Purdue, Rutgers, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, and open to listen to others

#139 - Jordan Soriano, Westbury, NY - 149lbs.
School List: Appalachian St., Army, Columbia, NC State, Rutgers

#143 - Carter Baer, Governeur, NY - 157lbs.
School List: Binghamton, Buffalo, Bucknell, Citadel, George Mason, NC State, Rutgers
That's disappointing, as we need more of the really elite recruits. Landing 1 or none each year isn't going to get us closer to a team trophy. I was really hoping we'd breakthrough with a few but haven't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT