ADVERTISEMENT

2021 - 2022 HS Season Thread

Not b10 level. Perez Bienus possibly lower D1 schools. Moscatello is looking at Ivy schools I think.
I thought I read somewhere that one of their wrestlers committed to Virginia Tech. Not sure how legit that is.

Gayer wins his semi-final match up 6-1 and moves into the finals where he will have rematch with M.J. Gaitan for a state championship at 160. The finals kick off around 9:15 est tonight.

Gayer is currently ranked #10 at 160 while Gaitan is #3 as per Willie. They split the season series 1-1.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Lot of Rutgers wrestlers at region 6 today. Spotted Rivera, Epperly, Messina, Benner, Odonnell, Desantis, Kannaird, Shawver, and even Alvarez was hanging with them in case anyone was concerned about his status.

Rivera was walking around with no limp. Kannaird’s face looks fine.

Hopefully we are all over Vincenzo LaValle. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him take 2nd this year behind Soldano and could definitely be a 2x or 3x champ by the time he’s done.
Another name we need to be on is Harvey Ludington. Won regions as a freshman at 175. That’s a big boy weight class. He’s behind some serious talent in Portella and Addison at his weight but I watched him wrestle all day today and that kid is going to be legit. Portella I would like as well, though he lost in SV to Addison today.

Reactions: MS-RU
Lot of Rutgers wrestlers at region 6 today. Spotted Rivera, Epperly, Messina, Benner, Odonnell, Desantis, Kannaird, Shawver, and even Alvarez was hanging with them in case anyone was concerned about his status.

Rivera was walking around with no limp. Kannaird’s face looks fine.
White was at Region 4 supporting South Plainfield.

Unpopular hot take, get rid of the stupid spotlight for the finals (and duals too). Hate it. Refs are bad enough that they don't need shadows and poor lighting to make things worse for them. Plus, it's brutal on the eyes.

Gayer loses 2-1 in UTB to finish 2nd. Couldn’t get out from bottom and then gave up the escape with 10 seconds left unfortunately.

White was at Region 4 supporting South Plainfield.

Unpopular hot take, get rid of the stupid spotlight for the finals (and duals too). Hate it. Refs are bad enough that they don't need shadows and poor lighting to make things worse for them. Plus, it's brutal on the eyes.
Region 6 did finals, 3rd and 5th simultaneously and the entire day was done before 5pm, and that included a 2 hour intermission in between the blood round and the medal matches.

Gayer loses 2-1 in UTB to finish 2nd. Couldn’t get out from bottom and then gave up the escape with 10 seconds left unfortunately.
Hard to beat a guy 2x in a row when you are that close but fact other wrestler is ranked 2nd/3rd and Gayer is right there is promising.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Region 6 did finals, 3rd and 5th simultaneously and the entire day was done before 5pm, and that included a 2 hour intermission in between the blood round and the medal matches.
That's dumb to do 1st, 3rd and 5th place matches simultaneously, at any level (looking at B1G too). Finals should be 1 mat everywhere. Region 4 was done by about 630 PM and that included 2 breaks totaling about an hour or 1:15.

Another name we need to be on is Harvey Ludington. Won regions as a freshman at 175. That’s a big boy weight class. He’s behind some serious talent in Portella and Addison at his weight but I watched him wrestle all day today and that kid is going to be legit. Portella I would like as well, though he lost in SV to Addison today.
Funny, just posted about him in other thread. He’s special. Will be at least a 2x er. I’ve watched him all season and really not challenged at all. Let’s see what happens at states but has potential to win it.

Reactions: SCNJ
Soldano wins his Semi match with a 20-second pin.
He doesnt even have a chance to break a sweat.
Casale looks like he can easily fill out to Heavyweight and seems to have that skill set of the lighter more agile heavyweights
I sure hope he can fill out some. There are some very good wrestlers who plain evaporate in college because they are caught between 197 and the big boys.

Nice finish for him. I know he had some mixed performances earlier this year at national level tournaments, awesome to see a great rebound and win at the end of the year when it's important - can anyone break down who he beat/was at his weight in states and their ranks?

Funny, just posted about him in other thread. He’s special. Will be at least a 2x er. I’ve watched him all season and really not challenged at all. Let’s see what happens at states but has potential to win it.
Heard he's old for his freshman year and won't be eligible to compete in NJSIAA his Senior year. Probably ends up at Blair or Wyoming Seminary. Still agree about him being a great prospect

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT