ADVERTISEMENT

RU hires DL coach Shane Burnham

yes, having guys from mid west who are probably using a GPS to find hale center much better then someone NJ HIGH SCHOOL coaches know and have previous relationship! SMH.
again,dont go by in state NJ recruiting sucess/failure from last staff..I think ASH may be in for a surprise when he encounters NJ HS dynamics and politics.

Reactions: MorrisAsh
Man, these guys better spend every waking moment getting to know the high schools in NJ.

I hope you're joking.

Yes, RU should attract the top talent in Jersey and that should be a major focus of the program, but we all know how it worked with the last staff (who, I believe, did know their way around the state).

Maybe New Jersey kids will get excited about Rutgers with a staff that shows they are going after top recruits EVERYWHERE. Instead of being a fallback choice, let's make RU the #1 choice for NJ recruits. The approach of kissing HS coaches butts hasn't exactly worked. It's time for different ideas. Personally, I think the no NJ ties might be the way to go.

yes, having guys from mid west who are probably using a GPS to find hale center much better then someone NJ HIGH SCHOOL coaches know and have previous relationship! SMH.
again,dont go by in state NJ recruiting sucess/failure from last staff..I think ASH may be in for a surprise when he encounters NJ HS dynamics and politics.
All coaches in this country know where the Bergen parochials and Timber Creeks are located. You don't need connections or be from NJ to know that.

Yet there is only one FBS school in NJ, and yet ALL of the other colleges where the top 25 players from NJ commit to every year and play at are not from New Jersey. Go figure.

Age 36

Player - University of South Carolina

four year letter man two-year starter was named his team’s most outstanding inside linebacker as both a junior and a senior.

Coaching History

5_20794.gif
Iowa State 2009 - 2015 Defensive Tackles Coach
5_14034.gif
Elon 2005 - 2008 Special Teams Coordinator
5_14034.gif
Elon 2005 - 2008 Linebackers Coach
5_14034.gif
Elon 2005 - 2008 Defensive Ends Coach
5_14033.gif
Citadel 2004 - 2004 Linebackers Coach
5_13928.gif
Richmond 2001 - 2003 Linebackers Coach
5_13928.gif
Richmond 1998 - 1998 Linebackers Coach

Even with all the NJ connections there were years where Schiano had problems attracting NJ's Top 15. In 2009 and 2010 I believe he only got 2 each year. NJ kids for all the talk otherwise want to leave the state. At least this staff will come in with contacts from all over the eastern half of the country.

These guys will do ok. They'll have a different style. I would hope the wives do well. There are NJ people who wouldn't like a move to Iowa. There are Iowans who wouldn't like a move to NJ. Growing up near some local military posts including USMA I've known guys from other regions who liked area but some wives hated it and couldn't wait to leave.

Reactions: theRU
I hope you're joking.

Yes, RU should attract the top talent in Jersey and that should be a major focus of the program, but we all know how it worked with the last staff (who, I believe, did know their way around the state).

Maybe New Jersey kids will get excited about Rutgers with a staff that shows they are going after top recruits EVERYWHERE. Instead of being a fallback choice, let's make RU the #1 choice for NJ recruits. The approach of kissing HS coaches butts hasn't exactly worked. It's time for different ideas. Personally, I think the no NJ ties might be the way to go.

"no Nj ties is the way to go", the drinking has started early

Well, he's not from the Midwest. He hes a southern boy who played his college ball at South Carolina and recruits Florida extremely well. Dad coached for 10 years under Bowden at FSU. But yeah, let's bring on coaches from Don Bosco High School who played 1-AA ball in the northeast because they have "Jersey ties". SMH.

Adios Coach Panagos. I could see him getting picked up pretty quickly. Thought he was one of the better guys on the prior staff. Has anyone from the former staff landed a job?

One African American coach so far? 60% (?) black players. Recruiting wise that is a bigger concern to me than any NJ ties.
Well hopefully Ash knows at least one Black running back coach. Actually it's kind of hard to find ones who aren't. I think in the NFL all but one or two are African-American.

One African American coach so far? 60% (?) black players. Recruiting wise that is a bigger concern to me than any NJ ties.
It was my first thought as well. The staff could use some diversity. Hopefully it somes through the RB coaches and some GAs.

yeah, that really helped the last staff land all the big names in NJ.
Then why is the new staff saying we need to build a wall around NJ?

This staff has no clue about NJ and has no ties. This is a SH#T hire. Pagnos was a young guy that recruited well and had NJ and FL ties.

Every one of you ASH clowns would have destroyed flood or Schiano for these hires but give the new guy a free pass after free pass.

Terry Shea II

not a fan of this or yesterdays underwhelming D cord hire.hope I,m 100% wrong.but..this is Jersey not Ohio or Iowa or Illinios...

You gotta be kidding me. The coaches and players are probably already jizzing at the sound of their southern and Midwestern accents.

Reactions: ruready07
I'm definitely concerned about the overall lack of NJ ties but considering our last staff's major issues recruiting NJ I'm willing to give it a chance before I write Ash off as "Terry Shea II". We played the NJ HS politics with the last staff and the HS coaches wiped their rear-ends with us while gushing about the usual out-of-state subjects.

...this staff will live or die by two things:

-on-field response to coaching
-relationships they develop with NJ coaches and beyond

Joe P.

He's a very good coach and recruiter for another P5 school. He recruits Florida well. Solid get!

You gotta be kidding me. The coaches and players are probably already jizzing at the sound of their southern and Midwestern accents.
you are kidding right, no recruit or coach anywhere cares about their accents, not even sure if it makes their top 100 list of reasons to pick a school

you are kidding right, no recruit or coach anywhere cares about their accents, not even sure if it makes their top 100 list of reasons to pick a school

...why weren't they picking Rutgers under the last staff?

Joe P.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT